UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nemesite
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

What new flat rides?

Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:10 pm

What new flats do you think will make an entrance into the park in the future?

Personally I think there will be a flat ride in Katanga Canyon, something like a Frisbee, on a small scale.

Or a new family flat ride to replace the Tea Cups or Cine 3D

What do you think?
Working on Air, hoping to get passed on ride host soon....wish me luck hehe

[u] :)
Rush would have been an Ideal addition to Alton I think.
Next time we see a flat added I think it will either have to be Very new in design or put in when there is another small new attraction added like a new small attraction in the farm for example.

:D :D

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:56 am

I would love to see something totally unique and new to the UK as flat rides have a tendency to be pretty much the same through out every park you visit. Something with a talking point that would attract visitors would be ideal. I would say that flat rides are sometimes harder to dream up than coasters as they tend to follow a pattern, just with unique variations. Like I said in another topic I would also like to see a launch tower, although I doubt his would be able to happen because of restrictions.

BlackHole2006
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:23 pm

From what Ive heared on TT The 3D Cinema will be turned into a ride sort of like a knights quest thingy. Thats what ive heared in the TT News section.
This is my dignature. For now.........

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:37 pm

Yeah. I believe I read that also. Although it is meant to be a new, more advanced version of the interactive side show. Giving riders a choice of games. Should work out quite interesting, and a good little place to pass some time if it gets the go ahead. Although, without being in full view, it will loose the novelty factor it had previously with passer-bys

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:03 pm

I would LOVE to see one of the following-

A HUSS 'Frisbee'
or.
A HUSS 'Fly Away'
or.
A HUSS 'Giant Topspin'.
The Giant Topspin would be my first choice, in place of Ripsaw.

As you can see, i am a huge fan of HUSS rides. !

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:58 pm

I'm not a great fan of topspins and they aren't unique like ripsaw and also have a more limited market as i know for a fact that a lot people don't like them as they make them feel sick and such like. I would always keep ripsaw as it is a great ride and will be very hard to replace witha new flat as good.

Anonymous

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:29 pm

I would adore to see a Huss Jump2 in the place of Enterprise. Would look amazing!

And a Huss Delerium in Katanga (sure there's space somewhere).

Frisbee in FV, yes please!

Huss Crazyshake in Adventure Land aswell :mrgreen:

towersart
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:28 am

A lot of people have said that Alton Towers hasn't added new flats. But since Hex & Submission we've seen existing unpopular attractions regenerated. Without doing this they would just be pointless in opening there doors (Toyland Tours), the Flume, Duel and CatCF have/are going to make a difference to the amount of people riding these old attractions.

Alton don't have all that much space to develop on, despite what many of you may think.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:42 pm

Flats just aren't Alton Towers style! - Alton Towers are very original in their design and tend to have alot of World/Europes/UK firsts. I wouldn't ride a flat personally, i think they're incredibly tacky, although i do love blade! lol

I'd rather wait a few years, seeing no new attractions, then finally get something like Rita, i don't think there's much point in wasting room on flats.

I have a very low opinion of flats before anyone starts! lol :roll:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Coasternut
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:01 pm

Flats don't have to be tacky! I personally think Submission looks brilliant, pity it's such an awful ride. Flats generally have quite a high throughput and so can eat up queues quickly easing the pressure on the main coasters plus they don't take up too much space, something which AT is in short supply of.

towersart
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:05 pm

"Coasternut" wrote:
Flats don't have to be tacky! I personally think Submission looks brilliant, pity it's such an awful ride. Flats generally have quite a high throughput and so can eat up queues quickly easing the pressure on the main coasters.

Can't quite explain, but Flats 'eat up queues' from big coasters because people want to ride them, if they've got a quick throughput then people are back out on park moving on to the next ride - maybe a coaster. They just provide more things to do spreading out the people. Does that make sense, I don't know how to word it.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:16 pm

I get what you mean, but i still think they're awful!
Most Parks can install flats but Alton Towers isn't 'most parks' its in a league of it's own really!
I think they have just the right amount to be honest! :D

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:52 pm

Alton Towers might be in a league of its own, but it still needs to play by the rules and make sure it offers something for everyone. Flat rides like Towersart said are more than just another attraction, they are great tools for crowd control. Alton can't just keep adding coaster rides, it may work for Six Flags, but then, even they are struggling to make ends meet these days.

Alton Towers does need a few more flat rides, but they do need to be good. If done right, they will be far from a waste of money and space. They may not be the greatest thing at attracting new visitors, but people on park will want to ride them. Also, Alton has a good enough reputation to have a year or so without the need to have a major marketable coaster to keep visitors coming back, they get more repeat visits than most other attractions, and by adding a flat one year they certainly wouldn't loose visitors. They'd just make a great day out, even better.

xbullet-theoryx
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Flat rides only look tacky if they dont aquire a theme, similar to those flats at places such as big amusement parks (Blackpool, sorry guys).

I think this ride doesn't look tacky at all :

They could maybe theme Blade to this and move it to Katanga Canyon.
Smile Like You Mean It......

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:11 pm

Yea but have you seen how much room it takes up? lol