UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

What other ride could go in the valley?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:54 pm

Lets pretend that there is a new coaster coming for next year and it's going in the valley between Ug Land and FV lets also pretend that the woodie plans never happened.

What other coaster/ride type could utilize the valley and make it one hell of a ride?

Williscroft

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:00 pm

The only other coaster id like to see in the valley is a floorless coaster, they look amazingly fun and doing 200ft drops into the valley with no floor sounds like an amzing ride to me :)

The thought of shooting through the woods on a coaster probably going near on 70-80 mph would probably blow most people away and would defornatly become a number one attraction at Alton Towers and probably known world wide.

No matter what goes into that valley, be it wood or steel i feel it will be a world class ride and be extremely popular. :) :D

Anonymous

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:02 pm

id like to see a huge power looper from one side to the other then it could take people from oneside of park to other lol

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:03 pm

The woodie !
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14

Anonymous

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:09 pm

Thing is Alton have other places they could build a good woodie, Gloomy wood for one.

What Alton don't have is a place to build a good steel coaster with lots of nice elements without digging a big hole.

They already have a big hole in the valley, just imagine what they could build there.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:14 pm

Well. I personally would have a new.worlds first.launched 4D coaster called outbreak.

It begins on the car park behind air. The story behind it is that there is a air bourne disease called 4D-Vitis. It spreads through the air. The colour of the track is just pure black. Like the crossover point at the front of Dueling Dragons there would also be one at the bottom of the valley just past Air making an 'X' in he sky.

The ride begin over to the right hand side behind Airs final turn and launches towards airs first drop. The station looks lke a large warehouse. You enter the queueline which is 50% indoors.50% outdoors.

The queueline begins with a downspray of white mis and lots of yellow tape and signs saying 'You are now entering a contaminated area' There are emergency vehicles and white suits scattered around. You begin th usual cattle grid queueline until you enter the warehouse type area where you climb stairs upwards to glass which is like an observatory looking down on the station.

You then move over the other side where there are more red flashing lights and videos showing what to do in the case of a serious outbreak! The whole area is themed around an medical contamination and you must survive. The station area is black with blood painted on the floor and all the ride staff begin behind a large piece of frosted glass. And board you wearing white suits.

The ride launches into a half loop then drops down into the valley. Travels over Air just above Mutant racers. It then barrel rolls drops down into where blades situated through a loop. Then another half loop beginning the return leg. The ride continues over nemesis fast track.

Then though yet another inline twist until it reaches the large rock face opposite the nemmie station. It drops under the air lift hill. Right into the car park. Through two sharp bunny hills. A left downward helix and into block brakes into the warehouse. You exit the ride and enter a large square area where your X-Ray shots are shown in a building themed like a medical emergency tent. There are more vehicles around and the entire area is fenced off for security reasons. Saving money on theming!

Oh the story behind the outbreak is that spores from nemesis have released a deadly virus which must be contained with Alton Towers. Every person must be decontaminated from the alien virus in the fourth dimension! :D

Hope thats a good idea!

Ash

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:29 pm

Nice idea,being where it is, i dont think it's too good for the image of the hotel! lmao

I can just imagine it though! Cool theming! But may be abit too much! - Good Idea! :D lol
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Anonymous

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:36 pm

I think a woodie is the only thing that would work in the valley. It'd be just so organic and perfect for the area. Anything else would be just bad feng shui.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:40 pm

I think my idea fits perfectly. However its not the right time for coaster in FV. Two/Three more years. Otherwise people will just flock to that side of the park. What does everyone think of my idea?

Anonymous

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:50 pm

"titler121" wrote:
I think my idea fits perfectly. However its not the right time for coaster in FV. Two/Three more years. Otherwise people will just flock to that side of the park. What does everyone think of my idea?

Surely a 4-D, launched coaster would be a little pointless at AT cos they've already got a launched coaster and they've already got coasters that include every element that a 4-D could offer. Face down/Lying down - Air. Legs dangling - Nemesis. Vertical drop - Oblivion. Body completely upside down - Nemesis and Corkscrew.

A woodie would be totally new to Alton Towers. Either that or a concept that we haven't even thought of yet. Those would be the only two options for the valley I reckon.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:50 pm

I agree with shock to be honest!
I think that is one of the reasons why Alton Towers chose the idea for a woody in the Valley in the first place!

Anonymous

Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:57 pm

They could still build a woodie, Alton will have one in the end I just think the valley could be better used.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:08 am

I dont think anything made of Steel would look right in the Valley! lol

I always get these strange feelings, which i dont like, about building attractions in wooded areas such as the Valley. I wasn't much for that Coaster they 'apparently' planned in Gloomy Wood!
I like the idea of a woodie though, because, like shock said, it's more enviromentaly fitting!

AstroDan

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:17 am

The only ride that would work in the valley would be a Wooden Coaster. Alton have enough steel beasts for the time being. Europe's best woodie would be quite welcome :-D.

Anonymous

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 am

Alton have just shelved the idea. give it another year or 2 and i think the plans with be resummited before end of 2007 season. Provideing another areas are sorted out first!

i do like your idea mate. I think the hole storyline and themeing is good. Not so sure about the poisitioning of the coasters station being near air and nemisis. I think if anything it should begin across the valley. and head over that way and back. I do think if alton carnt do the plans of the woodie into the valley they should design one for glommy woods because it only has duel.

I would look a floorless down the valley. would be known world wide. However how about a speedbiker ride. Like the vercile from star wars a speed biker racing though the trees passing walkers and empire troops before coming to the edge where they go straight down and pull up before they hit the floor. I think thats a good idea!

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:58 pm

I would love to see a Silver Star/E:GF style attraction in the valley. You could achieve an excellent drop and use the landscape to build some fantastic hills, helix' and overbanks. No inversions just terrain based hills and air time elements.

Thats a very large scale ride. On the smaller side (not utilising the huge drop) you could have an excellent gerstlauer bobsled (my fav. ride type) twisting and turning through the trees, ground hugging and loads of intense air time bunny hops. This idea wouldnt be a valley filler but it would be a concept Alton havnt tried yet and one which would provide some fantastic, fun and family thrills. The style of the gerstlauer bob would also stop many trees having to be felled, its quite a compact build.

Just had another idea :P Maybe an Intamin bobsled ride (like Eftelings). That fits excellently into Eftlings forest location and its a stunning ride offering a fantastic experience as you fly past the trees in your "out of control" bob.

:)
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:51 pm

If only AIR hadn't been built!

A flying coaster down in between the trees of the valley, swooping in and out the trees and your face inches away from the ground, gliding up and down massive hills and drops like a bird, that would have been genuinely amazing!

Clarki93
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:35 pm

I think a stand up coaster would be good just imagine zooming around the valley stood up it would be amazing would'nt it. Either that or the floorless idea :D
ImageImageClarki93

james0507
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:01 pm

i think a hyper coaster with 12 inversions would be cool! it would be great zooming round the valley twisting and looping and it would be another record for Alton Towers :D

towersart
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:03 pm

"james0507" wrote:
i think a hyper coaster with 12 inversions would be cool! it would be great zooming round the valley twisting and looping and it would be another record for Alton Towers :D

It'd be an novel idea, but Hyper coasters dont feature inversions? :-?