UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nick

Subway?

Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:52 am

I dont actually know anybody that doesnt like eating a Subway. Theres massive amounts of choice and its relaltively inexpensive. I think if Alton Towers invested in a franchise of a Subway Outlet they would get some more kudos points from the public. The dominant fast food outlets are the obvious Mcdonalds/KFC etc, and I think a Subway would really take off.

What does everybody think? Would AT benefit from a Subway outlet?

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Well with the introduction of different styled of Food Outlets this year, its possible we could be seeing lots of different types in the coming years.

:D

AstroDan

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:01 pm

Personally I cannot stand the tasteless meats they use at Subway, but it could be a good idea. However - it is not cheap at Subway when you get it inside another business. For example, I was at the NEC last week for a show and Subway there cost me £5.50 for a regular BMT, crisps and reg. drink. Normally it's cheaper than that but blatantly if they put one in AT they would hike the prices up.

I would rather they had a Quizno's Sub (mmmm) or Baguette du Monde (£1.99 meal deal anyone?).

Church_On_Sunday
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:19 pm

Would bring them more money i guess but i cant stand the food myself it just doesnt please me.
Green Day & Bon Jovi Kick All Ass.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:19 pm

Drayton Manor are having a Subway Franchise, and i think it would be good for Alton Towers to offer something different as apposed to chips, burgers and pizzas!

I really like Subway and think it would be a welcome addition to Alton Towers, It would look good on Towers Street too with the Dark Green theme! :lol: :D
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Anonymous

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:22 pm

One recently opened in my town centre and its gorgeous!

The food is wonderful and if one was at Alton Towers it would benefit highly in the summer with take-outs.

One thing is Subway needs alot of staff, but im sure AT wouldn't find it a problem.

Italian BMT - You rock!

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:25 pm

There's about 3 staff at our local Subway, Alton Towers would obviously need more and i think that a redesigned of the way people are served in Subways would be needed for Alton Towers as If one was installed, i could see it getting busy!

Nick

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:36 pm

Yeh the space would have to be much larger than a regular Subway outlet. There would have to be multiple serving areas just to get a queue down.

(And now I do know people that dont like subways :P :oops: )

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Subway is amazing, i'd like spend my whole day in there if AT got one. It'd definately have to like huge, the ones local too me are kind of mini, but still yummy - i want a subway now.

AstroDan

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:51 pm

Subway is gorgeous? Subway is amazing?

Compare the meat they use at Subway with meat from Sainsbury's.

yes, it's true. Subway meat has no taste!

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:53 pm

Then for people who like their meals for off meaty goodness, you can visit KFC or McDonalds! :wink: lol

AstroDan

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:55 pm

Bleurgh! I think Wimpy would be good on site :-D mmmm, Wimpy is delice! Even if it is expensive.

But seriously, nobody heard of Baguette du Monde or Quizno's? They are real sandwich shops, mmmm!

Also: Re: Thorpe Park Pizza Hut, I wih there was the same deal at AT as Thorpe where they have (is it for £6?) the buffet & drinks? I mean, that price is cheaper than the high street price! (£7.30 at my local pizza hut for buffet and drinks).
Last edited by AstroDan on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:55 pm

Lol kelly, I think if you'd rather spend your time whilst at Alton Towers in a Subway, then there might be something a little wrong with you dear! :)

I've always noticed the taste of the meat when I have a Subway, and they arent going to use the most expensive products are they? Its a business. The cheapest they can get away with whilst still raking in the cash will be good enough for them. I love em personally :D

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:04 pm

Ask Kelly where she would rather spend the day - At Alton Towers or at Subway? I think she would say Subway, As she's scared of Alton Towers! :)

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:07 pm

I thought Wimpy went out of buisness ages ago but i did notice one recently, i was clearly wrong.

Nick

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:07 pm

Deary me, scared of Alton Towers, dear God :shock:

I'm quite sad when it comes to Subway, we did drive to Hanley at 1am a few mondays back just to get one :oops:

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:08 pm

OMG! HARRY RAMSDENS! :D - Alton Towers should have a Harry Ramsdens! Do they have a fish and chippy?

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:16 pm

"Redcoat Jase" wrote:
OMG! HARRY RAMSDENS! :D - Alton Towers should have a Harry Ramsdens! Do they have a fish and chippy?

Now theres an idea.

I'm sure the other big names already there would have something to say about new food chains coming to the park though.

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:22 pm

hmm I think a subway would work, a healthier option for people :D

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 pm

I am so tempted to go walk up hanley now and get a subway and a smoothie from the new amazing smoothie bar! wow thats amazing! Harry Ramsdens, is that the one they have at haven? :?