UK theme parks from another point of view!

AstroDan

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:56 am

A Personal style? More like American fake service style!

But you are right, it would take a while, but if they had two or three lanes that would help. However, i'd rather have a Greggs.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:13 am

"Tazmanian Devil" wrote:
I would love to see a Subway at alton but I don't think it could ever happen.

Subway offer a very personal service to its customers. While this is good on your high street it won't be great at alton when you have large ques of people trying to get their custom made dinner.
the only way that I think it would work is if they offered a limited service (only certain rolls/fillings) or even ready made food. This is not subways style so I guess we won't be seeing one :(

:D :D

It's happening at Drayton Manor park though isn't it? - I suppose we'll just have to be nosey and see how they do it! - Obviously doesn't get as busy as Alton Towers though! :)

I don't see you're obsession with Greggs AstroDancer - They're absoloubtly disgusting! :shock:
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:31 am

"AstroDancer" wrote:
Greggs for Alton Towers! - As i said in an earlier post i paid £7.00 for a footlong BMT, crisps and drink at Subway at the NEC the other day.

Greggs? Are yoo off your head, its like disgusting! and the food isnt fresh or baked on the premises. I went in the other day to buy a drink and a pigeon was flying around the place! The staff weren''t even bothered! Great for hygiene :roll: Nooooo subway all the way! :D

S3 V2.1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:07 pm

"Kelly""][quote=""AstroDancer" wrote:
Greggs for Alton Towers! - As i said in an earlier post i paid £7.00 for a footlong BMT, crisps and drink at Subway at the NEC the other day.

Greggs? Are yoo off your head, its like disgusting! and the food isnt fresh or baked on the premises. I went in the other day to buy a drink and a pigeon was flying around the place! The staff weren''t even bothered! Great for hygiene :roll: Nooooo subway all the way! :D[/quote]

Are you lot off your trolleys? Why should AT become a Six Flags park, why should ity give in to the corporate hand, each park should have an individual identity, right down to the food, it's bad enough that they have a KFC, McDowels, and Pizza Shack. Why not just put a Taco Bell in aswell? :x

I agree with Kelly (on the Greggs bit), half of it's fat anyway, the quality is shocking. Good job I don't eat at parks (unless it's Drayton Manor and they're doing Sunday lunch :D ).
[size=150]Sitting in a bunker, here behind my wall.

Waiting for the worms to call.

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:16 pm

Ive never ate at a subway. But I hear they are meant to be really good. I would love to see one somewhere in alton towers as to be honest anything is better than the Mc Donalds rubbish. :P

S3 V2.1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:40 pm

"Dr Pop Rocket" wrote:
Ive never ate at a subway. But I hear they are meant to be really good. I would love to see one somewhere in alton towers as to be honest anything is better than the Mc Donalds rubbish. :P

They're okay, if you want to try them then by all means do so (I actually have nothing against Subway), I just feel that they are too expensive for what they are, and that AT could maybe look at doing something themselves. You place like Subway etc all over town, why should a theme park become like a high street? It's unoriginal.

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:04 pm

People would be more likely to buy a McDonalds or a Subway, than something from an Alton Towers Sandwich Bar as they're brands that people know, are used to eating and trust!

I couldn't even tell you what the inside of Towers Family Restaurant looks like to be honest, that's how much Influence it has on me! :wink:

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:22 pm

Your there for the rides, when i'm there i'm after something i know so i can get on with the rides.

Subway is not a bad idea atleast it offers something different.

Renegade
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:44 pm

Bring in Perkins, lmao.

Subways aint too bad, just find them pricey, its sometimes weird when they ask the questions about bread and stuff, because to me its like "i just want a sandwich, no fancy things." Harry Ramsdens all the way, they've gone far since 1928 and starting out as a wood she in leeds. Dont they have a Harry Ramsdens in Epcot?

AstroDan

Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:15 pm

Why don't we, going off attitudes here, put a Tesco Express at the bottom of Towers Street?

I mean, come on. I would rather have eating outlets themed with the areas than American globalizing rubbish like McDonalds and Subway.

I never said i particularly rate Greggs, I just prefer it to Subway. In all honesty I would rather have AT's own sandwich bar. Spinball Sarnie's or something.

People who go on about how 'amazing' Subway is want to try the likes of Philpotts and Quizno's Sub. I don't want my sandwich handled by 5 people before I get it in their foul polythene bags.

S3 V2.1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:53 pm

"AstroDancer" wrote:
Why don't we, going off attitudes here, put a Tesco Express at the bottom of Towers Street?

I mean, come on. I would rather have eating outlets themed with the areas than American globalizing rubbish like McDonalds and Subway.

I never said i particularly rate Greggs, I just prefer it to Subway. In all honesty I would rather have AT's own sandwich bar. Spinball Sarnie's or something.

People who go on about how 'amazing' Subway is want to try the likes of Philpotts and Quizno's Sub. I don't want my sandwich handled by 5 people before I get it in their foul polythene bags.

With Subway, their is so much packaging, that you might as well play pass the parcel for half an hour before you actually get to the edible bit.

What about a nice Starbucks, next to Nemesis, completely wreck the whole forbidden valley theme?

People can be more open minded than you think, I know alot of people who'd rather try something different than a Subway, I hate the whole line thing, it reminds of a canteen from Oliver Twist, it's so impersonal, and it feels like you're being rushed along.

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:03 pm

Subway is good but I can't see it happening at Alton. Just think of the queues. It takes ages to make a sandwich

And.
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Sod Subway - Wrights Pies is the way forward! (people in Stoke and surrounding areas will know what I mean!)

AstroDan

Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:17 pm

Wrights Pies! Awesome! We could have a Wrights Pies outlet in Merrie England or in Ug land? Ug pasties anyone?

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:49 pm

I'd still like a Starbucks at AT.

Anonymous

Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:01 pm

A Starbucks at Towers Street would be great IMO. Tried a mocha from there once, very nice :D. My big problem would have to be the prices though. I would appreciate a Subway at AT, they can fit in a Pizza Hut with a restricted service (Which I think kicks arse, the only other Pizza Hut express I saw was one in Leicester, and express beats the actual restaurant for me :D). Sub of the day at AT? Bliss :D.

You guys need to try Mexican Chicken at Greggs!

queenofspeed
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:38 pm

do they have something at A.T like Drayton Manor have, its like a buffet if i remember and you can get sunday dinners or proper food there, a,t should invest in one as it makes a big change from fast food.

AstroDan

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:43 pm

Starbucks - NO
Subway - NO

I do not want alton becoming the Bull Ring in Birmingham!

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:47 pm

There really isn't any need for 3 Mc Donald's in one Park though!

AstroDan

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:49 pm

No there isn't, but Starbucks really would be the final straw in the park getting 'global'. Starbucks is probably the company that has the most resentment to be honest - even more than McD's. Im quite happy atm but really would like a sandwich bar.