UK theme parks from another point of view!

Williscroft

Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:21 pm

Looking great i have to say. Looks like that bridge will take you over the attraction from the enterence coming out of Fountain Square, over the ride and down into cred Street.

I have to say i think im going to perfer this attraction to Charlie, even though i cant go on it obviously lol but i think it will bring the crowds down to Cred Street and i can see it looking very good and not like a half themed attraction.

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:00 pm

Wow!!! Keeps getting better and better. Have to say, I'm very impressed (so far..)

Love the bridge idea. Will be great to have an nice alternative route to get into Cred St., and to look over and all the little kiddies driving :D. Speakers in the aleged Car Wash, nice to see! Surely set to be a really great interactive kids ride, which is what AT needs, and should rejuvinate Cred Street, which looks to become to great, busy little hub of activity it formerly was. This will definatley give family visits a boost along with CATCF - I look forward to walking on the Bridge and seeing my little sister driving along all excited :).

Looking excellent. I thought this would've been a crappy half-arsed rushed attraction, but they are certianly being effective with a budget under £1mill. Let's hope they don't do the inevitable and f*ck it up right at the end :roll:. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come from AT.

Altonholic
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:53 pm

Would be nice to see a low matinance Kids Coaster up in that area aswell, just adds to the family experiance.

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:28 pm

I agree.

I'm sure Coaster Corner could accomodate a small, quiet family coaster. Would be nice :).

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:34 pm

I agree as well but what sort AT it would make cred street more allive evry time i was in cred street last year i allways thought it was realy quiet

oldgitBEN

Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:34 pm

im very impressed by this, it appears to be 10x charlies worth and a fraction of the cost!

Why not relocate beastie? If a small kiddie coaster is required, mind you it would leave adventure land empty and also I fear adding more to that small area would make it very crammed.
Id like a nutty squirel type ride going through the inside of the shops and the roofs, popping out the inside then turning back into another building - im rabbiting.

I love those steps, think they look quite big brother-esque actually but it should be fun. I think this could be pulled off brilliantly - lets prey they dont do a charlie on it!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:26 pm

Press release added to Towerstimes news. :)

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:56 pm

An interesting read,

I wonder wether this will be something they do often so Alton can draw people all year round? As the season will soon be extended!

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:18 pm

As the season will soon be extended!

Is this a fact then, or a rumour?

They do make the ride sound wacky and very interactive, 'Choose your own route', hmmmmm.

Matt :D

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:27 pm

Well its "rumored" the park is pushing for a 365 day a year opening with having a month of per ride for its annual checks.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:41 pm

But then again the park has been pushing for year round open since about 1987. Just doesn't seem like a very sucessful idea.
Edwardo..... move me!

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:10 pm

Yeah, wouldn't be sucessful until there are far more indoor rides, (which could be achieved within a few years if they wanted). Who would want to walk around the park in temperatures close to zero degrees, with very little indoor attractions to keep warm and happy in?

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:14 pm

My thoughts exactly! Wouldnt work and i prefer the park with a closed season anyway. It allows for real development and improvements. And also gives the park the proper amount of time.

And also its cold.

sammie04

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:31 pm

Wow seems like its all coming on well looks good will be such a nice little addition to the park and good fun to go look at when its ready :) .

I think the park shouldnt be open all year I think there could be a break so they can sort things out in that time.

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:15 pm

Having an all year would be great, but they could never do it. Would be great if they opened right up until the New Year, and then had Jan to Apr off. Going to Alton in the tangible Christmas winter season would just be amazing!

But it'll be interesting to see if they do little secondary attraction like this more often. It's a superb way to update the park and fast, and to chuck out the crappy rides while they aren't doing much, replacing them with nice, clean, but not necessarily expensive ones.

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:33 am

The traffic lights have now been installed. Apparently they're bigger than Ritas launch lights and look pretty impressive. No doubt photos will filter through soon!

Regards,
Mark

Nutty dreadz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:36 am

. A cartoon type zebra has also appeared. funnly enough, next to the zebra crossing! The car wash section is coming along a fair bit aswell (This is all from when I went Tuesday by the way!) Didn't spot the traffic lights then, but I didnt really have that much of a look.

Sorry guys. didnt manage 2 get any pics

madmanwill
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:02 pm

dont worry folks i will have a good look on monday. photos will be supplied though quality will be poor (mobile phone camera).

w

Locker
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:01 pm

7 fresh photos added to the Towers Nerd construction gallery. Click here to take a look :)

Regards,
Mark

Cobra_Roll
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:34 pm

Very nice Mark!

looks like this will be a nice welcome attraction to the park and it shows that AT are capable of making more rides for children!
<3-roll. Geddit?