UK theme parks from another point of view!

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Ride Rumours

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:54 pm

I just thought I could create a topic for new ride rumours, so here it is! Please post any rumours you have heard/read here.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

Joe from the IOW
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:01 pm

i heard a rumor ages ago(not sure if true) but they were going to put another ride in the towers, don't know what though, anyone know?
For all the Latest News and Media on the Isle of Wight\'s favorite attraction visit . . .

www.behindthechine.i8.com

Dave

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:06 pm

was that the survey ont he offical site? asking what theme people woudl most liek to see for an atraction in the towers?

im nto sure that was ever going to happen if if it was just a what if sort of thing to fill up a poll on the site

Joe from the IOW
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:06 pm

no, but i know what your going on about!
For all the Latest News and Media on the Isle of Wight\'s favorite attraction visit . . .

www.behindthechine.i8.com

barryzola

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Oh yeah, just remembered, i know it's kind of off topic but i was talking to some workers from the John Hardman studios in Birmingham today in the Towers. They were working on a stained glass window in the music room. Apparantly they have had the glass in storage (John Hardman) for the last ten years and now they have restored it they are replacing it in its original place.
They had only fitted a few pieces when i spoke to them but it looked real nice. If you've got time you should take a look up there if your interested in that type of stuff. Nice people too. They seemed pretty interested to know if i thought they had done a good job too. I told them it was looking good to me.

Mattia
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:11 pm

i heard duel was meant to be getting a re-theme and that there was to be an entrance to the park near AIR :?

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:19 pm

i heard duel was meant to be getting a re-theme

Where did you hear this? Duel only just got a retheme and I'm not sure they would be too keen on replacing it only 3 years after being rethemed.

Matt :D

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:32 pm

This isn't really a rumour, but I read that "with the 1.1 Million restoration going on in the Towers, new rides or tours of the castle are both possibilities."

I like the sounds of the tours, possibly telling people what it used to be like and finish off with a trip to the top of the towers to see the views.

Not overly sure about the ride though.

Mugz x

:D

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:22 pm

I would love it if they did tours of the Towers. I went in on Sunday and absolutely loved them and was eagar to see them properly refurbished to their glory days! I would love to find out more thingd about the towers, and have a poper look at all the rooms and there history. I think tours would be very profitable, but i don't think they need another ride.

AstroDan

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:23 pm

You don't think they need another ride? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kelly
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:32 pm

I meant not in the towers lol - sorry if i didnt make it clear. I think the towers shuld be left as towers now, with tours, maybe they could do activities in there, but i don't think they need another ride in the towers.

luke_1012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:35 pm

i heard a rumour in 2008 there extending cariba creek ( the waterpark if anyone doesn't no) and putting in some new rides any one else heard anything on this. :? :?

AstroDan

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:36 pm

Oh Phew! I don't think they would put another ride in the Towers, they may obviously use it for the Halloween event, but thats it.

8)

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:36 pm

I like the idea of the tours as it would attract a much wider appeal to alton towers.

Dogbert
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:37 pm

I'd say tours in the Towers would rock.

Possibly more rides in Katanga? Or possibly Haunted Woods? Both are strong in theme, yet are currently lacking in rides (also, put the old red boats back in the Rapids. The yellow ones bite).
What, you were expecting something witty?

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:38 pm

"luke_1012" wrote:
i heard a rumour in 2008 there extending cariba creek ( the waterpark if anyone doesn't no) and putting in some new rides any one else heard anything on this. :? :?

They are planning to install a water bowel in the water park some time soon. They have been saying about it for years but im not sure if they are any further as to getting it done!

Mugz x

:D

luke_1012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:43 pm

tnks Muggins. i wish they would put a new ride in because the only really good one is Master Blaster. :arrow: :)

Nemesis 4 eva
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:57 am

"Dogbert" wrote:
I'd say tours in the Towers would rock.

Possibly more rides in Katanga? Or possibly Haunted Woods? Both are strong in theme, yet are currently lacking in rides (also, put the old red boats back in the Rapids. The yellow ones bite).

I agree, there are still some of the red boats on the rapids but the yellow ones are cheap and unneaded. I think the red ones were more comfortable, held more people and created a bigger splash. The yellow ones however are hard yellow plastic, the seats have no headrests and the yellow sticks out like a sore thumb.

Plus i think some body mentioned something about this in KC

http://www.hussrides.com/34GiantDelirium.htm

I wonder if it would ever be considered, centinally looks doable and already themed to fit the area.
Last edited by Nemesis 4 eva on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:01 am

The Red boats are no longer operating on the rapids i beleive, they are now only seen behind glommy wood with no rubber ring round the bottom of them. Yep they were much better but they only held 6 people compared to the yellow ones which hold 8 and are more open, so will make you more wet i should think.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed May 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Does anyone know any more on the water bowel? Last year there was something about it on towerstimes but i havnt heard any thing else about it.