UK theme parks from another point of view!

Anonymous

Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:21 am

maybe then it could be in coaster corner as an extension to cred st, maybe themed around wacky things to fit in

Maybe they could do the opposite of RMT and theme the woodie as a steel rollercoaster.

:D

barryzola

Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:04 am

I decided to make a quick sketch of what UgLand could possibly look like in 2008. It's obviously not to scale or 100% accurate and we don't even know what's going to happen yet, so i just did it for a bit of a laugh. I don't think i've drawn anything for years so it's a bit dodgy, nevermind. Yeah, my writing is scruffy as hell but there you go.

I wonder what's going to happen?

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:12 pm

That's pretty much what I'm thinking Barryzola, only with the Ug Swinger not moving and a new flat ride appearing up in coaster corner.
Edwardo..... move me!

Dyls
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:35 pm

If things do go ahaed, when should we begin to start seeing things happen?

Nick

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:43 pm

Probably during the 2007 season. But who knows, we might not see a thing if it goes in the Coaster Corner area!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:15 pm

I think you guys have are close. The shoot the chute is rumored for Katanga Canyon, making the old "Team Katanga" again with three rides. This will be joined by a flat ride.

Also the woddie is meant for behind corkie. I cant see Cred being used for anything more than a good 4D cinema or something?

TT
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:08 pm

Any new ride in Katanga would spoil one of the best areas in the park! and to plonk a ride on the coach park is just so Six Flags, there is not much height there, certainly no high trees and there are houses opposite in Wooton lane. I think Katanga was looked at for the location of a chute the chute but I cant see how it would fit.

A Ride like this, which requires a large splash pool needs to have its own large area.

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:17 pm

"TT" wrote:
Any new ride in Katanga would spoil one of the best areas in the park! and to plonk a ride on the coach park is just so Six Flags, there is not much height there, certainly no high trees and there are houses opposite in Wooton lane. I think Katanga was looked at for the location of a chute the chute but I cant see how it would fit.

A Ride like this, which requires a large splash pool needs to have its own large area.

Wouldn't ruin it if it was well thought out and themed dramatically like the rest of Katanga, also i think it can be made to suit the area, would need excessive planting & foliage but if done correct it could look great

Also i don't think ts all about height, ok it would be nice but i would prefer a less taller one for an amazingly good themed en

Thomas

jam&lob
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:22 pm

I can't see how a new ride in Katanga would ruin it. I struggle to see where it would go though.
Please visit The Online Games Directory
http://www.freewebs.com/togd/

Cobra_Roll
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:27 pm

Breaking news!

http://www.coasterforce.com/

This looks promising! The woody may have a second breath! hope it gets submitted fine!
<3-roll. Geddit?

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:29 pm

"Cobra_Roll" wrote:
Breaking news!

This looks promising! The woody may have a second breath! hope it gets submitted fine!

Thats not breaking news, there is already a topic on it.....

I think it will go behind Ug Land like everyone has said. So long as they theme it to have its own area then it should be fine.

Cobra_Roll
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:32 pm

"Dr Pop Rocket"&quot;][quote=&quot;"Cobra_Roll" wrote:
Breaking news!

Thats not breaking news, there is already a topic on it.....

I think it will go behind Ug Land like everyone has said. So long as they theme it to have its own area then it should be fine.[/quote]

Oh sorry. :oops:

I thought that the "Where will the woody go" thing was not serious. Can mod delete my post please?

Feeling so embarrased....

<3-roll. Geddit?

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:41 pm

Yay, come online today and this topic has gained 3/4 threads within one day :D. I forgot how buzzing speculation really is, and the ride was only mentioned yesturday. Certainly an exciting time :D.

As for the Woodies location - Ug-Land is starting to make sense. We all know how unfinished the back of the area looks, likes it 'ready' for a new ride, and like a new ride was planned. The only concern for that is if Ug-Land carries on it's same tack of a theme, which would just kill the potential ride experience of a woodie, being squashed in a corner, and using some cheap, fake "radio" and a theme tune. The woodie should have a vague idyllic sense I feel. Something whilst fun, a but more 'classic'. Personally I think a ride with very old type theming (inspired by the parks past rides), and ITHOTMK as a theme tune would make a grand ride. But we'll see. A Woody and an Ug-Land retheme to make it into a respectable area would be ideal.

As for the Chute the chute thing, I think it'd be amazing for it to occupy an extremely well-themed area, with just itself and a flat occupying it. I'm gonna take Alton getting a woody and a water ride with a pinch of salt though. Seems a bit - mahoosive.

Speculation rools :D!

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:00 pm

The only place I can see and want it to go is at the back of UG Land (UG Swinger is moved) and into the valley. Like barryzola showed. Either way, it is very exciting news and im sure none of us can wait to hear more about it :).

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:02 pm

No, he's got to make it up first. duh! :lol:

Anyhoo, the Shute is Chute is getting me excited. Finallly another water ride and in KC. That place needs some livening up for when one ride RMT or Rapids are down.

Oh and the Woodie. Lol, can't wait to see some sort of planning application for this. Wooh! :D

Matt :D

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm

This is really fantastic news for Alton, I don't know whether I want to see the plans before the ride itself as i've got a feeling it won't live up to my expectations :)

By the way, I should be going either on Saturday or Monday, so if any of you want piccys taken of potential woody/shoot spots feel free to ask! :)

Kaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:35 pm

I have a feeling car park G is going to be used for this next project. I can see the Shute is Chute on that spot next to Air. Would also go with Airs Oasis like theming, or even the woodie! Its a large amount of space and it's also the furthest away from the village, so no need for noise reduction. I have also seen a number of surveyors on that site throughout the year, and so have other people.

Am I right or am I right?

John
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:47 pm

"Kaz" wrote:
I can see the Shute is Chute on that spot next to Air

While I'm still not sure about the practicality of a shoot the chute at alton, that sounds like a great idea. It would allow for the creation of a new area completely seperate from FV (preferably a little more shut off than air is now) and of course if you have an oasis theme you need a lake, so a water ride would go well

The only trouble is that massive landcaping would probably be needed to create a large flat area of land for the lake, and that may make the area unsuitable for a shoot the chutes.

Crofty

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:51 pm

I think the Ideal place for a water chute would be good old Coaster Corner.
The land is flat, its an area on its own big enough to house the ride and lake, it can have a theme iof its own and any drop that could cause noise problems for alton Village could be aimed inwards towards the park.

:D :D

Thomas
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Sounds pretty good, air an area of its own with new rides

But i still prefer the idea of it in Katanga, dunno why but it has a great appeal to me as i would of thought they could theme it a lot better in Katanga than if it was near air, also that area is waaaay too busy as it is

Thomas