UK theme parks from another point of view!

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

What could be going next...

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:15 pm

This is a question to YOU personally!!

What ride at the Towers will be going next?

Me personally, i would say either The Beastie or The Blade.
I think this because these areas could be used for better things and release space needed for development. Firstly there is space behind The Beastie which would be useful and the Blade there is space for a better ride.

What do YOU think will be off the Ride Guide Soon?

Shent
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Blade wont go, hardly any problems, whats the point is getting rid of a fine working flat?

I dont really want them to get rid of anything, as they dont need getting rid of :D
......The one and only... :sus:

caffeine_demon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:35 pm

submission...

Will
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:39 pm

If rumors are true, wont blade be relocated to make way for something else? :? I think Submission will go soon, followed by Corkscrew, but that won't be for a while. I have not been at the Towers and seen both sides of submission working.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm

I would say that it's probably only a matter of time till the Cred Street Playground goes.

Other then that, depending on reliability, probably Ripsaw.
Edwardo..... move me!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:18 pm

Submission was like brand new in 2002 though wasn't it?

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:24 pm

"Johno" wrote:

A ride doesn't have to be old to mean it should go. If it doesn't please the audience then they start to wonder. Submission is liked by many but I feel a better flat could be situated there and be a more popular ride.

Matt :D

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 pm

"Johno" wrote:

2001was the year.

I don't think the park will actually get rid of anything for a long while. The park has plenty of space to add new additions, so they might as well utilize what they have got until they are really desperate for space.

Saying this, I can see something in Cred St being removed soon with the new area coming into place soon.

I also think The Flume may well be removed? Merry England is a very 'odd' place in terms of theming, if the contract with Imperial Leather was to end, I could see the park removing The Flume and re-theming Merry England.

I'm not sure what could replace The Flume though? Its still very much a crowd puller and a great ride still.

:D

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:36 pm

Hmm.. in any case I'd suspect we could see some vast modifications in Merrie England in the near future. Arbitrary guess but I'd say they are soon to develop the area.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:12 pm

I'd agree, Merry England is definately somewhere the park should be considering and many of those "leaked" artist impressions for rumoured developments we saw a few months back concentrated on Merry England.

I think it should remain a traditional area though, perhaps some kind of old fashion seaside resort? Or then, if they were to go a bit whacky, everything should be overside to fit in with the Flume.

Hello!!
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:56 pm

I think Merry England should adopt a more oriental theme, the flume could then be themed like the log flume at chessington which looks pretty darn cool..
Tune Of The Week - Midfield General - Go Off
http://www.brassicbeats.com/_flashPlaye ... 6&title=Go

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:26 pm

I would actually love a theme of everything being larger than life. A continuation from the larger-than-life ducks and such of The Flume. In any case the area is really dated and needs some modernising.

I can't see the Flume moving anywhere anytime soon though. It is very popular and I'd guess the area it is in would nowadays be much harder to develop.

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:26 am

Well, there are strong rumours that the Cred Street Theatre will be demolished when the new area opens up - in which case, that would be the next ride to go.

I think Submission and Enterprise will stay until Alton Towers come up with a proper plan for X Sector - when they've worked out a replacement for Black Hole, and thw Ropers case is settled. At that point, I think we'll see a lot of work in X-Sector which may well mean that Submission and Enterprise will go. The thing about those rides is that while they're not much fun to ride, they're great to look at.

I think the Flume will be around for a bit longer - AT wouldn't have bothered to retheme it if they thought it only had a few years left.
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

Kaycee

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:57 am

Mmm obviously I have no idea what's going next, so I'll just say what I'd like to go next and that's Submission.

It's not really an enjoyable ride experience, it's not as visually impressive as it could be with just the one arm operating and I think the throughput is pretty poor?

Bring back the Energizer. :( lol

LiamC
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:01 pm

I have to agree with Kaycee, i think and hope Submision will go next. I always seems to have low guest numbers whenever im there, and with only one gondala being used the majority of time. Its also an awful ride experience imo.

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:45 pm

I can't see the Flume going anywhere. It has livened that area of Merry England up and to be honest, the music is funkay.

Even if Imperial were to not renew their contract it doesn't mean that Alton can't continue the bath theme and ducks, yes this may not fit right in with Merry England but it's still quite british.

Submission is what I would like to see go but will it? I can't imagine them thinking they must get rid of it so soon.

Matt :D

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:17 pm

Thing is, I just don't think they'll get rid of Submission yet. Yes, alot of people don't like it but because it's only been around for 6 years, they would be more likely to take away something like Blade which is also quite a bad ride and isn't liked by many but has been around for years. So, I'd say Blade.

MostMagicalCat
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:26 pm

whats wrong with blade?

next to go i think will be ripsaw, just because of its troubles, saying that i think the tractors in old mc`s might go, in order of a new kiddies ride.

just guessing of course :wink:
[

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:30 pm

I just think it's quite a boring ride, compared to Ripsaw and even Submission, just a bland pirate ship and I think they could put something a lot better into that space.

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:22 pm

It depends how much of maintanence nightmare rides are. If submission is costing more money than it is worth than there is no poin of keeping it. Another thing is the is if the ride is popular. I think submission won't go. The rides footprint is tiny aswell so not much could replace it.

I think Mery England will be the next area to recieve a retheme.