UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danzaw*nk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:26 pm

Submission for the reasons stated before or Spinball Whizzer.

It's low throughput, un-reliable, out of place and just isnt a good addition to the park. It has more negatives than positives. I like the ride but it's not the ideal buy Towers should have gone for.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:47 pm

I don't think we'll see Blade go yet, surely with Drayton Manor installing one as new this year proves the popularity is still there? It's just in the wrong part of the park at the moment, as Forbidden Valley doesn't really entertain the younger crowd. It either needs a co attraction there, on the same level i.e a junior flat or moved to a new area (the latter is most probable, and heavily rumoured). If it were to stay in FV, a ride along the lines of Cars at Disneyland Paris would be brilliant, as that is going to be one fun little ride they're building there!

Submission may go, but I think it will be something probably unexpected. Aquakarts? Beastie? Tractor Ride? Cred St theatre?

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Pirate ships are an all rounder and a classic. Plus blade gives families with younger children something to be getting on with in that area while older people can perhaps ride other rides without wanting to go too far. Its obviously not going to be the most popular ride there because its not a thrill seeking ride, and its position means not many families are there in the first place, but Blade is more likely to be relocated than removed as its theme is fairy flexiable. Perhaps to Merrie England, go with the larger than life thing and install another flat: The knife!

Fits in with the many eateries anyway...:P

I'm not sure where Alton stand with carosells anymore, but at one time there were two different ones going at different speeds. What's the point? If there's still two carusells then one of them will go. There's nothing in dire need to be removed in my oppinion, only rethemes or possible relocations for better development in its space. If it was a question of rides which you think of in greatest need of a retheme then I'd have our queen of speed near the top, but obviously, She Ain't Goin' Nowhere, cause she's brill!

As there's no other form of entertainment around the park, I'd really hate to see the Cred Street theatre go, even if it is for the benefit of greater redevelopment in other areas.

We can't really know which rides will go, some of the greatest have gone before, and we haven't known exactly why until the plans to demolish have been put in place (ie, Boneshaker, dynamo, Black hole, Swannies) so they could completely suprise us by getting rid of the mine train or something! (That would be a tragedy...)

Beastie, Submission are probably some of the more likelier candidates. Rant over.
[/b]
Formerly "Dagoo"

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Ripsaw wont go. It's too much of an Flatt Ride Icon at Alton Towers. Cost over £2.5million, it aint going no where. It's not a "un reliable" as people keep to make out it is. Coz they have to turn the jets off now and again coz of wate leaking in or coz of water drout or whatever. When the ride is working at full tilt, it's an awesome ride that everyone loves to watch and wont forget. Yet when something like Submishion is runing at full tilt, it's nothing mjaor special. You will lose Corkscrew or Submishion before Ripsaw.

Craig

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:51 pm

I agree with mrstu, we aren't going to see Ripsaw go anytime soon, It's a crowd puller, not just on ride but off ride as well. Yes it's had it's recent problems but for a ride of it's type it hasn't been that bad. I could probably see Submission being amongst the first for the chop. However, we're looking at something that's going to go through in years time, nothing in the forseeable future. Every ride is still pulling in a decent amount of people, and (touchwood) there's nothing particularly disastorous going on with any of them.

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:10 pm

Submission is a pretty new ride. I can't see Alton wanting to get rid of it!

Mankey
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:05 am

I can! like everyone else saying, its just not a good ride. Its the only ride i could actually imagine leaving, everything else seems right for AT... submission just blows...

Plus they removed Energizer (or moved it at the time) for submission, which was 10 times as better!

^^ Chris ^^
[b]Back from hibernation![b]

Lauzi
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:24 am

I'm not saying that pirate ships are bad rides, I'm just saying the Blade is a bad example of a pirate ship. I think it's location is pretty spot on actually, the theming fit around FV and it's something for the younger kids to go on while their siblings/parents ride Air/Nemesis/Ripsaw.

Ripsaw definitely wont go. It seems to have got over it's problems and is still a popular flat ride in comparison with Blade and Submission. After the main 4 coasters, it's my favourite ride and it would be a big shock to see it go.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:24 am

"Lauzi" wrote:
Ripsaw definitely wont go. It seems to have got over it's problems and is still a popular flat ride in comparison with Blade and Submission. After the main 4 coasters, it's my favourite ride and it would be a big shock to see it go.

Totally agree, despite it's recent downtime issues, Ripsaw has remained Alton Tower's number one flat ride (Probably due to the lack of choice?) and I think in the near future their is more chance of it being replaced by another Topspin rather than a completely new attraction. Well, that's what I'd prefer to see anyways. A fully refurbished attraction, with all the original themeing intact.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:36 pm

Yeah.... I think if there was any real competition Ripsaw would pale in comparison... considering Submission is its only competition.

Stick it in Thorpe and it'd be a B-list attraction.

And as for it "getting over it's problems", it has " got over it's problems 3 times now... it never seems to last too long before it spends a couple of months surrounded in scaffolding mid-season again. I'm sure The Towers could come up with something slightly more impressive 10 years on.
Edwardo..... move me!

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:59 am

Yeah, I'd be shocked to see Ripsaw go as would we all, but it wouldn't be suprising. Unless they were making way for better flats, it'd be a pretty silly decision to make. Ripsaw is very popular however and can't see it going anywhere soon, as we do seem to be lacking somewhat flat wise...

Its pretty old, pretty unreliable, but I think in the closed season they may have amended everything they need to on it. There are rides that have an awful longer downtime on it than Ripsaw. Submission only has one arm, and that's still running. Although its popularity is somewhat waning, there's still the issue of very few flats in the park, and that it would only go if there was some major redevelopment in the area. Its still impressive to look at, even with one arm, and can pull the crowds of guests that haven't been before.

I think the next time an attraction will go, will be because something big comes. I.e, cred street theatre to reopen coaster corner or Submission to add new attractions for the reopening of the blackholetent. There's nothing sire in the park anyway.
Formerly "Dagoo"

Mikey
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:19 am

I wouldn't be sad to see the two flats in X-Sector leave, but I don't think they're going to be touched until the area itself receives some much needed TLC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ug Swinger went - its a hugely poor ride and seems very out of place sitting by the helices of Rita.
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:18 pm

NOT the Ug Swinger!!! I think that ride totally deserves it's place in Ug Land and i think its a great ride for younger kids while older can ride Rita. Corkscrew, Rita and Ug Swinger make up a great mixture for all the family.

joepetto
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:23 pm

love the flume hate the music. well i dont hate it its just very annoying having it in ur head for the next 2 hours walking round the park. and i totally agree with what kaycee said a while back... lose submission, none of my friends are fond, it hurts your legs!!! and energizer was by far a better ride

Rush
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Hello all, I think the next to go will be ripsaw or submission, because of Ripsaws poor reliability and Submissions poor popularity. However, of the two, I think Ripsaw will go next, however, I think it might be replaced by another Top Spin, or maybe a giant Top Spin. I think this might be because Alton seem to like Huss for their flats, but also, top spins really seem to be popular. Lets hope a screamin' swing for Submission! :D

Steve in labour
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:20 pm

Rip saw wont go a new gear box and its all good, however i think next may see blade go as its a poor ride and the move will cost too much. (as catanga looks like its not being changed)

eddyedwards
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:09 pm

I think Submission will go next. I would like Submission to be moved to the Black Hole Tent and see if that improves its experience but other then that got rid of...forever..

Jimbo!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Has to be submission that ride is just pointless now, no one ever goes on it rarey are both sides even working, hurts like a bitch, isn't even a fun ride... the list goes on...

Next to that, the beastie or Ug swingers. I love ug swingers but its in a really good position thats not dominated by rita and cud be used for a better flat. Remember Times be a changing! These old flat rides are starting to die out, people want next generation virtual thingy rides.

But yeah submission all the way. Either tht or enterprie. I know enterprise is still an awesome ride that I and many others love, but its really old now and it comes 4th next to ug swingers, beastie and submission.

Maybe squirrel nutty too. I can't see Ripsaw lasting much longer either.

I know for sure Submission bould be used for a nice indoor ride, the oblivion brake run possibly goes through... you know for a cool Sci-Fi affect. Probably a virtual or cinema type ride. Something of that sort, they really need a virtually themed space type ride there you know, somehting new and world class.

Then corkscrew, but i doubt they will EVER get rid of that pile of crap.
Toyland Tours was, and always will be; the sh*t.

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Erm, I couldn't see Squirrel Nutty going. It occupies very little space, and very little else could really replace it. Plus, I think it's still very popular with the kids and families so no real reason to removed it.

Hark

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:07 pm

I'd like to see the Blade go as it's not really a thrilling ride for me.. I hardly go on it at all anymore