UK theme parks from another point of view!

Meat Pie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Flume

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:13 pm

"seanyboyuk" wrote:
Alton could make its first world class water thrill ride there!

If the Flume is to replaced then it shouldn't be replaced by a thrill based ride. If it was to be replaced I think it should be replaced by another family friendly ride like the current Flume.
AKA the vocal minority.

Jordan Owens
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 pm

I think The Flume should be rethemed to match mutiny bay, this could easilly done and it would be good to have something like the Pirates Of The Carribean ride in Disney. Further drops would also be good!
*+Jordan+*

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:32 pm

A new Flume style ride is needed for sure. I think it will be based on a pirate theme and have more and bigger boats for an even better throughput. Theres so much land to play with, I could talk all day about what could go there.
Last edited by seanyboyuk on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:25 pm

I really love the flume and think it is a very fun family ride for all ages. I think that a re-theme would be a good idea, but i dont think the bath tubs are too bad and are quirky and funny. I also dont think the clash of themes is too bad, as The Flume is kind of off the side of mutiny bay and the attractions and facilities around it like the mexican cantina and courtyard arent that Piratey anyway.

I really cannot see the Flume being removed for years to come, its an incredibly popular family ride and it almost always has at least an half hour queue minimum. It gets riders "just wet enough", as in it get you wet, but doesnt get you soo wet that it ruins your day (unlike that appauling ride known as battle galleons).

All Alton need to do is to update the systems (as they seem to have a lot of problems with the lift hills breaking down) and repair/ revamp some parts of it, to make the ride look well looked after and fresh, like giving the boats a good clean and repairing some of the floors in them, although pirate themed boats also wouldnt look bad!

Long live the Flume !
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

SecretWeapon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 am

I went on the Flume for the first time on Wednesday 29th and was suprised at how good it actually is. I was never bothered by the retheme because "Log Flume" isn't exactly a theme persay, it was nothing special anymore by that point.

I was suprised at the speed between the drops, loved the drop in the dark and I knew that the duck struck at some point, but it still made me laugh. The sound of crazy ducks ruining any whiff of a spooky atmosphere in the Haunted Hollow amused me also. It's a very good ride and I will hopefully be re-riding it on future visits. I don't think there is a whole lot you can do with it as it isn't world class. The bathtime theme and ducks just makes it a little more fun. With the likes of Hydro, Stormforce 10 and that one at Thorpe Park, it will never be an amazing attraction and the theme doesn't really matter.

I dislike the whole of Mutiny Bay and would rather see am entire bathtime themed area than the flume become another Pirate themed flume ride...

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:37 pm

"SecretWeapon" wrote:
I dislike the whole of Mutiny Bay and would rather see am entire bathtime themed area than the flume become another Pirate themed flume ride...

YAAY for originality! :D

twinstarzeon
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:35 am

It would be quite interesting if they replaced the whole ride with the same system they have for Stormforce 10 at DM. They could keep the same layout as the original flume but with a backwards drop included. They could keep it in theme with pirate boats. I'm no planning expert but if they stick to the original path of the exisiting ride, surely that would make planning permission easier?

Agree that it's a tired old ride with some of the worst theming i have ever seen and having travelled around china and visited some of their parks, thats saying something! :lol:

iloveshauni
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:51 am

I can remember going on the flume like ten years or so ago and it was a really smooth ride between the drops... Although i've been on it quite a few times this year and every time the boat seems to drag along the bottom of the water wether the boat is full or not. This just makes the ride seem really rough and uncomfortable and is not normal to me...

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and is this whats meant to happen on this ride?!

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Yup i had the same complaint about the ride on my last visit!

Its terrible the roughness! The track did seem to look low on water so maybe/probably thats the case.

But please alton remove this ride in the next year or two PLEASE!

There is so much land here that can be used to extend mutiny bay!

twinstarzeon
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:20 am

"seanyboyuk" wrote:
Yup i had the same complaint about the ride on my last visit!

Its terrible the roughness! The track did seem to look low on water so maybe/probably thats the case.

But please alton remove this ride in the next year or two PLEASE!

There is so much land here that can be used to extend mutiny bay!

That would be cool but they are not allowed to take any trees down in that area. A new improved water ride along the existing path would be easy (in a manner of speaking)

Mr P

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:27 pm

I thought that just putting eye patches on the ducks, and perhaps soap-sud cannons, would have kept i quirky, and also piratey
8)

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Already mentioned they should have a real water coaster put in there. Not a rollercoaster with water, but a log flume with ups and downs, getting fired along by water pressure.

Leighton123
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:17 pm

"Evostance" wrote:
Already mentioned they should have a real water coaster put in there. Not a rollercoaster with water, but a log flume with ups and downs, getting fired along by water pressure.

So like Master Blaster? But with boats instead of dingys?
I would LOVE that, but it doesn't seem likley to be honest.
Enjoy today, look forward to tomorrow, remember yesterday.

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Not to sound big headed or anything, but I prefer the alternative I sugested on the other topic. Strap a whopping great magnet to each tub, and launch them up the hills using LIMs. To use water would need a hell of a lot of preasure. Think how much one tub weighs, now add the weight of four average people. Thats how much would need to be shifted. Whereas Master Blaster needs to move one person, plus a near weightless dingy :P

jack030894
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 am

good point ! i think the flume needs to stay where it is and turned into like pirate ships and get ride of the duck and instead of the duck popping out you can here the ticking of the crocodile from peter pan and then the crocodile uumps out and squirts you with water that would be awesome! DON'T GET RID OF THE FLUME altogether because it won't be the same without one ! a theme park needs at least one water ride.

nickn5
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

"jack030894" wrote:
DON'T GET RID OF THE FLUME altogether because it won't be the same without one ! a theme park needs at least one water ride.

Erm, River Rapids and Battle Galleons... ? :P

But I agree that AT do need some kind of flumey-ride or water coaster if the Flume went, I'd personally quite like to see something like 'De Vliegende Hollander':

But that's BIG budget stuff and probably unlikely in reality. Drool at the theming though :)

GeorgeM
TT Member
TT Member

Re:

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:46 pm

"NF2" wrote:
This came up in the MB thread quite alot actually. We aren't able to see the flume change from bathtubs until the Imperial Leather sponsorship ends, which I think is next year. Once that is finished Alton have 3 options:

1) Leave it the way it is and we'll have to put up with the clash of themes.
2) Update it with a Pirate theme similar to Pirate Falls at Legoland.
3) Rip it out, the rides old now (29 at the end of the season) and it breaks down alot. It occupies such a large amount of space that could be used for anything such as a coaster, dark ride, or even another water ride.

I would be sad to see it go, but like Corky, Alton cannot hold onto rides forever for the sake of sentimental value. Once a ride has had it's time and stops being reliable and fun to ride, unfortunately it's time to part ways :(

In my opinion I think they should remove it and put a new water ride, the flume is good and I love the music and the theming it is also an enjoyable ride I just think it could be better.
What Ever Age, What Ever Race, What Ever Gender, What Ever Ability, Everyone Experiences magic x \":)\"

Ollytowers
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:16 am

^^, Wow, that sort of ride would fit in perfectly with the Mutiny Bay theme - It would look really great if there was some kind of fort around the station area - a bit like Battle Galleons. Maybe in the covered section of the ride there could be hidden treasure etc...
Caution: Don't read this.