UK theme parks from another point of view!

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Alton's Upgrades

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 pm

What would you like to see upgraded next? wether it be a re-theme or just a replacement version of an existing model.

I would like to see rippy replaced with the newer style Huss Top Spins ala Talocan
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Dunny#1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm

What and let thorpe have it? No way :lol:

Somethign that does annoy me, but absolutely nothign can be done about it, is the time ti takes to walk from the hotel (Via the woodland walk) to Forbiden valley, i know you could get the train, but we walk so to gte in earlier when staing in the hotel, and it just seems to go on and on and on!

Spike
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:28 pm

"Dunny#1" wrote:
What and let thorpe have it? No way :lol:

Somethign that does annoy me, but absolutely nothign can be done about it, is the time ti takes to walk from the hotel (Via the woodland walk) to Forbiden valley, i know you could get the train, but we walk so to gte in earlier when staing in the hotel, and it just seems to go on and on and on!

If it meant getting a next gen Top Spin then fine let THORPE PARK! have it I say, they like cast offs anyway.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*

Ryan Kingdaka
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:34 pm

I would love to see Oblivion go floorless! Ok, it would take a hell of alot of work, but wouldn't it be worth it in the end.

I mean, Busch Gardens had everything planned out in the first place, whereas AT didn't, so it will be harder for AT, as they will have to rebuild/make the station area of Oblivion larger.

Oblivion could do with this sort of upgrade really, and at the same time AT could have the track re-painted to add that brand new,fresh feel to the ride! :)

LiamSAFC

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 pm

I like to see Spinball Whizzer re-themed as something else, the theme currently is uninspired and boring. Theme it like something out of Indiana Jones or Egyptian (Perhaps a boulder theme) or something, make it really intense with what already is the compact layout.

Re-theme the cars as boulders, and paint the structure's yellow, with the main track as green/blue. Bring some good old life and a definite theme into that area.

EDIT: http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=20643&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Just found a similar topic in AT General, just to let you all know.
:D

Kaycee

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:33 pm

The Spinball theme could have been done so much better, I think it's incredibly poorly themed - a few silver pinballs dotted here and there does not constitute quality theming for the UK's biggest theme park. The station looks like a tin shed.

It could have had small tunnels all pinball themed with pinball sounds and flashing neon lights - even if not tunnels, then the station could have been! There could have just been the odd wall that resembled a pinball machine - places where the track suddenly changes direction so you have the car looking like it's close to 'bouncing' off it and some pinball machine sound made.
I know it's down to budget at the end of the day, but what actually materialised was an awful-looking ride with a garish colour scheme that sticks out like a sore thumb when you look from Towers Street across the lake and minimal theming.

As much as I love the ride itself. :D

I'd like to see it repainted mostly! I really have an issue with the colours of it, it clashes and looks awful - similar to Speed at Oakwood. If that means giving it a different theme then cool - it's hard thinking of a theme, but if you consider that the Winjas at Phantasialand (sorry) are in a building themed as a world run by women, the possibilities really are endless.

Quickey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:52 pm

Id like to see the small improvements continuing.

This would include putting the KC music or some other suitable music in the rapids and RMT queue lines so there is something to listen too, as well as updating the rapids station announcement. I would also like them to sort the tunnel that RMT and rapids run through with some more themeing, and for them to ad some small water falls/jets on the rapids so you get a bit more wet.

Also, an obvious suggestion is to put more themeing in to Air.

I just really hope we get a nice new trilling flat next year.

Crofty

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Two obvious upgrades I'd like to see happen would be the concrete tunnels of Air and RMT/Rapids.
Investments into these areas show that pride is taken over the themes even long after the rides have made the park big money in the opening years.
Air should receive the tranquil water feature or blue lighting many of us have hoped for over the years while RMT/Rapids could see some sort of animatronic display to fit in with the congo theme. At worst they could paint it green and put some monkey sounds in there! :P

:D :D

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:01 pm

I think Alton need to carry on with the small upgrades that they have been making this season, and they need to keep paying attention to detail. The Air tunnel has to be done soon, and hopefully it will be done over the closed season.

I think AT need a new thrill ride soon, there has not been once since Rita back in 2005 and one is due. This would attract more people back to the park, and if it was themed well then it could be a very good addition. Whatever they do in the future needs to be themed well, we don't want anymore Spinballs.

oldgitBEN

Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 pm

dear lord i agree with kaycee,

Spinball drives me mad, the theming is so poor. Id have a tunnel around the lift hill, with lights flashing quicker and quicker to the top, to make it like a pinball machine launch. Possibly enclose http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/attractions/adventureland/spin0006.jpg this bit and have a glass front, like a real pinball machine!

Then the rebound sounds as you go round corners, or the odd shout of "bonus points" "skill shot" and flashing lights would make the ride so much more fun!

I realise im asking alot but when the ride was themed they asked nothing of it and got in return a poor looking ride.

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:37 am

I don't think any vast projects should be undertaken - just keep adding and touching up existing rides and attractions to catch up on the neglect we've seen for the last few years.I've been amazed by the little touches so far this year and it's taking the park in the correct direction.

bigblade40
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:46 pm

"Dunny#1" wrote:

Its a woodland walk! - the clue is in the name, its a fantastic 10 min walk to get you in to the park and it really does show the contrast of Alton towers with the rides and the history - if you don't like walking Alton are really clever and have come up with a fantastic new attraction for 1987 called the monorail which visitors can ride to take them stright to the entrance - amazing!!! :D
bigblade40

Corkscrewed

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:19 pm

*cough* Air Tunnel *cough*

I know it's been said a billion and one times, but it would add so much to the experience! theres is absolutely no reason why it couldn't be done! I mean, I know alot of you will say "ooh it's too late, they're not gonna improve the theming on air now! it's too late! they would of done it before now if they were going to!" but to that I say :P hello? Merlin just took over! think of the possibilities, there is so much they could do with it!

Merlin like they're little touches by the looks of it, So I say, Air tunnel next please :D

Sir John Talbot
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Rapids and Sky Ride overhaul.

Rapids:
I think it'd be great for the entire length of the ride to be shrouded in tropical shrubbery, including the tunnel, with the addition of rocks, boulders, small waterfalls, and a few animatronic parrots perhaps, with Cariba-esque small tipping buckets with leaking pipes lining the roof of the Rapid-side of the tunnel.

Sky Ride:
London Eye replica pods, and lovely rethemed, clean stations. Towers Street, themed as an old airship base (like the current logo), all old and magical - Forbidden Valley with a theme radiating that of Airs, with cloud swirls and like the like (it could perhaps radiate the feeling of the Gardens also), and the Cred Street station with a magical, slightly sinister but 90's old school "Towers" theme to compliment the... Towers.

tumtum
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 pm

I think that x-sector needs a new lik of paint and the sound on obilivion also bundje extream to be theamed to the towers.
[/b]