UK theme parks from another point of view!

DomB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Next retheme/refurb

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 pm

ok, i was wondering the other day when i was at the towers, which area after next year should be rethemed.

Personally i think X sector needs to be given the sinister edge it had in the late 90's with possibly a new attraction aswell.

So.. Which area do you think should be rethemed/refurbed next? :P

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Towers Street. I think X-sector is still passable as a well themed area, maybe a touch up is needed but I think Towers Street is long overdue a retheme as has been discussed quite a lot recently on TTF.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

DomB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 pm

possibly, i still think x-sector could be awesome, especially with merlin on board. just look at mutiny bay.

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:31 pm

"AIRrider" wrote:
possibly, i still think x-sector could be awesome, especially with merlin on board. just look at mutiny bay.

I thought I heard somewhere that Mutiny Bay was from the DIC/Tussauds budget and little to do with Merlin. I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm.
I may be wrong.

DomB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 pm

i thought it was a plan from tussauds a few years ago, but merlin decided to do it. project penzance was the name if i recall. :P

Ollie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Next retheme/refurb

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:03 pm

"AIRrider" wrote:
ok, i was wondering the other day when i was at the towers

So you finally went? :P

In my opinion, it has to be Ug Land. I can't stand the clash of themes, it's such an eyesore.

But apart from that I would like to see X-Sector recieve some attention. It's all looking a little tired, but a lick of paint and some additional theming the area could have that atmospheric feel to it, as it did when it was created...

DomB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:26 pm

It was 2 weeks ago lol.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:53 pm

"Disco Ball""][quote=""AIRrider" wrote:

I thought I heard somewhere that Mutiny Bay was from the DIC/Tussauds budget and little to do with Merlin. I'm sure someone else will be able to confirm.
I may be wrong.[/quote]

Yes, I've heard from an official source that MB was DIC/Tussauds.

AstroDan

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:55 pm

The final decision for Mutiny Bay was not made until Summer 2007. As a result, it surely must fully be with Merlin that approval for the attraction(s) were given.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:56 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
The final decision for Mutiny Bay was not made until Summer 2007. As a result, it surely must fully be with Merlin that approval for the attraction(s) were given.

They may have approved it but not planned it?

AstroDan

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 pm

"PeteB""][quote=""AstroDan" wrote:

They may have approved it but not planned it?[/quote]

Well, Tussauds/DIC wouldn't have "planned" it either. The planning is very much down to what the management at Alton Towers want to install - Merlin may give them an overview of the style of rides they want to see at the park, but it is the management that discuss and decide on the final things.

Merlin/Tussads etc. merely stump up and approve the financing.

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Ug Land/TRR really needs sorting out. The clash of dinosaurs and drag racing really doesen't fit at all. But if "Dark Forest" was to happen it would certainly sort this out. :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

AstroDan

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Whilst I agree that the Ug Land clash isn't great, they really need to focus on getting rides/attractions that look old and past their best sorted out. Ug Land may be clashy, but it's at least clean and fresh.

Rides/areas which look past it include:

- Cred Street
- X Sector
- The Blade
- Corkscrew

:)

DomB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:27 pm

"AstroDan" wrote:
Whilst I agree that the Ug Land clash isn't great, they really need to focus on getting rides/attractions that look old and past their best sorted out. Ug Land may be clashy, but it's at least clean and fresh.

Rides/areas which look past it include:

- Cred Street
- X Sector
- The Blade
- Corkscrew

:)

I agree rides like rita have made the area fresh, yes people hate it for ruining Ug land but atleast the area itself doesn't look too bad.

however with X-sector and Cred Street, they just look out of date in my opinion and need someting too add some magic too them. Also Air is a good ride, but it needs more/some theming to make it the Oasis it was meant too be.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:47 pm

X-Sector needs something to make the area enticing again.

I've never been on Oblivion, and don't intend to. It freaks me out, and I just enjoy watching other people get scared on it tbh.

DomB
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:48 pm

i haven't been on it, but that is soon too change. :cry:

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 pm

X-Sector 100%. It's a real shame they've let Oblivion fall into a bit of a state. The theme of the ride and the whole area is designed to be sharp, and is not suppost to look run down like FV which looks better over time.
When I visited last week the state of the q line was poor, the undercover area just before you reach the station looks really shabby, some idiots have scrawled their names onto the walls and it generally looks a bit dirty and tired anyway. This could so easily be fixed though, it's not as if Merlin can't spare the cash... :roll:

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:37 pm

has anything been done with the black hole tent yet??

maybe that should go make room for something??? seems silly it jus sitting there not in use, that would free up loads of space!

That would deffo make a difference to x-sector then surely???

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:58 pm

Yeah this is what i've been wanting to know to with the former Black Hole, what are they waiting for??? :?

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:01 pm

Why was the tent just left there in the 1st place?? how long has it not been in use 4 now??

perhaps they've left it there so that when they do finally do summit with it it will be just a huge suprise for every1...however im findin tht hard 2 follow!!