UK theme parks from another point of view!

Weebl
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Next retheme/refurb

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:49 pm

Zylos, i think its certain that Ug Land will get a retheme before SW6 arrives. It might even be for next season as there will be no "Ug themed" rides there. Whether they will rename it for next season remains to be seen. The theme that SW6 is going to get will depend on if its in Ug Land or if its in a new area.

Retheming Cred Strret and Adventure Land is not going to be easy, as many of the rides in the area's theme clash. I actaully really like the theming of Storybook Land and I think it would be good if Storybook Land was extended into Adventure Land. Of course that would mean Spinball would have to be rethemed.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:55 pm

"Weebl" wrote:
Zylos, i think its certain that Ug Land will get a retheme before SW6 arrives. It might even be for next season as there will be no "Ug themed" rides there. Whether they will rename it for next season remains to be seen. The theme that SW6 is going to get will depend on if its in Ug Land or if its in a new area.

Retheming Cred Strret and Adventure Land is not going to be easy, as many of the rides in the area's theme clash. I actaully really like the theming of Storybook Land and I think it would be good if Storybook Land was extended into Adventure Land. Of course that would mean Spinball would have to be rethemed.

Like Rita, no chance for Spinball retheme for at least another 5 years.

scottw92
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:15 pm

"CoasterCrazyChris" wrote:
It was still called Adventure Land, but with only a carousel and Beastie coaster. Before that (like back in 80s, early 90s, up until 1996) it was all called "Kiddies Kingdom" including Storybook Land, with a few novely kids attractions. (Area was split in '96 and Storybook was created).
Well, that's according to TowersTimes anyway. :D

Ohh right ok, cheers :lol: Didn't even know Adventure Land was there before that lol.

I also really like the Storybook Land theme. It's original, Disney-esque and great for the kiddies :D. They just need to give Squirell Nutty a bit more theming and TLC as its quite old isn't it?? :?

I think they should also remove The Beastie soon and expand Storybook Land into The Beasties current area, add a new darkride like Toyland Tours and theme it as visiting different books with quirky themes like Alice & Wonderland etc.

Have Spinball in it's own distict area and get rid of the Adventure Land title. Give it a new paint job and call it something different. Maybes a space theme or tombraider/idianna jones style theme. Add a small flat or something also.

Thats my take anyways. This would certainly improve both of them areas of the park. :)
Do Look Down..

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:21 pm

"scottw92" wrote:
I also really like the Storybook Land theme. It's original, Disney-esque and great for the kiddies :D. They just need to give Squirell Nutty a bit more theming and TLC as its quite old isn't it?? :? [/color][/b]

Yeah, fairly old. It was introduced with Storybook Land in 1996, as a minor extra investment by the park as this was the year the AT Hotel opened too. :)

Weebl
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 pm

I take your point on a Spinball retheme being unlikely Chris, Its not going to happen for a long while at least, if at all. However I think when they planned the ride they should have taken into account that a pinball theme is too specific and now it has created basically a complete mish mash of theming. I mean there's a roller coaster based on pinball, a space themed play area and a dragon. :?

I feel that rushed planning on behalf of the old managment has led to this mess, similar to how Ug Land has gone

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Yes, indeed. A few people have commented how kids like "tacky, bright colours" in areas where rides suitable for them are situated, but in a park like AT we expect things done tastefully whatever age rides are aimed at.
I think having either Cred Street or Adventure Land on park would be ok, but both areas are too much. They both have roughly the same themes (if you can call them themes) and it would be more beneficial relocating all rides from CS they do not want after the retheme down to AL where the old ice rink tent was, as it looks as if they will never retheme that tack hole anyway.

Flume is the same really, but not much is gonna happen there for at least 2 years now.