UK theme parks from another point of view!

Oblivion, Floorless or Original

Poll runs till Thu Jun 20, 2047 1:04 pm

Floorless
106 (43%)
Original
142 (57%)

Total votes: 248

NemmieAddict
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Oblivion - The Future Ride...

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 am

Poll

*Edit-Should Oblivion stay with the floor or become floorless? I think it should stay as it is because it was the original. All hail the poll system!!*
Last edited by NemmieAddict on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corkscrewed

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:49 am

original, Floorless Oblivion would be pointless - much like a Topic with the only word being "Poll". Could you perhaps put a little more detail in, specially as it's a topic?

just a bit annoying really.

:)

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:38 am

I would like to see it happen, to bring back its popularity to X-Sector and give the ride a well needed refurb.

Bolton Warrior
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 am

I have voted original as I have found floorless coasters to be nothing more than a gimmick when I have been on them.

Big Dave

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:22 am

Do you realise how much it would cost to go floorless? New trains, new station area. There is absolutely no chance of it happening. End of topic!

Craig

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 pm

"Big Dave" wrote:
Do you realise how much it would cost to go floorless? New trains, new station area. There is absolutely no chance of it happening. End of topic!

Umm let's not be too dismissive here. Everyone's entitled to opinions, and yes it's unlikely, however speculation never hurt anyone!

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 pm

I don't think it would need a new station area. MedUSA is floorless and doesn't have much space - http://www.thrillride.com/medusa/loadtwo.gif

Craig

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

It would need major changes to the station, as you need the slide out platforms to create the off/on load floor to board the train. They're pretty damn big for dive machines too!

tumtum
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:23 pm

I was thinking last night what about if????
Oblivion was changed so when it is at the top it turns backwards and then and then you do the ride as normal but you would be backwards. I think if oblivion was changed to this BRILLIANT. But this would problebly not happen because the restraints would not hold you in safe enough unless they was made stronger.
That would be fun!!!!!!

Please do not forget to vist my website Merlin Mania 1&2 At
www.merlinmania.webs.com = Alton Towers Guide
www.merlinmania2.webs.com = Thorpe Park Guide

Thanks for that!!!
[/b]

DanB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:03 pm

"Craig" wrote:
It would need major changes to the station, as you need the slide out platforms to create the off/on load floor to board the train. They're pretty damn big for dive machines too!

What would need to be changed? Theres seems to be enough room under the station to house the floors.

notts nat

Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:27 pm

yes but we have to walk under the station as part of the q line

NemmieAddict
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Very sorry for the short start, I was in a hurry for school

Rowe

Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:53 pm

It does sound interesting but I don't believe the ride would be any better.

Sanbrooke Productions
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:50 pm

I like Oblivion as it is and besides it's never going to happen as the cost could be pretty high. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o\" target=\"_blank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTz9wTb8Q9o[/url]

stigzy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:50 pm

There’s a lot of gubbings and electrical stuff shoved under that station. I would imagine major changes would be needed to make it floorless provided there is room, which I don't think there would be without major alterations.

But putting all that stuff aside, I don't think it would make much of a difference anyway. The coaster is so short as it is, and the only time riders would benefit from it being floorless is anything other than the actual vertical drop. Which I don't think would justify the enormous cost.

DomB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Floorless coasters are gimmicks.
It wouldn't make the ride better, and I doubt it would get more people.
So the money spent on it would be pointless.

Rob L
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:48 pm

I don't see much point in making Oblivion floorless, it's fine as it is. It would cost too much and be hard to do, I'd rather see a new B&M floorless, however Alton don't need a floorless coaster.

Anonymous

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:50 pm

hey all,

1st post :D i think oblivion being a worlds 1st and the only ride of its kind in england attracts alot of guests every year, and that the amount of money that would need to be spent changing the station and cars could never be justified!

a new coaster or flat on the other hand would help towards better gate figers = more money!!

kris

Khanage
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:14 am

I would love to see Oblivion go floorless but as has been said it would never happen. Especially now as Picsolve have there on ride cameras on there too.

I however do think it would be a great boost for the ride and a nice little way to market it again.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

amylovesaltontowers
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:16 pm

I really can't see it becoming floorless, but i think it should do. Because it bring back popularity.
\'It is better for people to think you are stupid, than to speak out and remove all doubt in their mind.\'