UK theme parks from another point of view!

Oblivion, Floorless or Original

Poll runs till Thu Jun 20, 2047 1:04 pm

Floorless
106 (43%)
Original
142 (57%)

Total votes: 248

.Will

Re: Oblivion - The Future Ride...

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 pm

"AshleeK" wrote:
Give it two or three years and Alton will probably spruce it up, along with a new attraction. I hope they would do it next year, but I can't shake the feeling that they are gonna build a flat ride in Mutiny Bay :shock:

Personally I think that Alton will leave Mutiny bay, its a nicely themed area which appeals to families and suits the park, if though they were to build a flat ride I can't see where they would put it the main area is jammed full of rides and game areas, apart from this there is no room near flume, Alton simply havn't got the room for that area. I believe X-Secotor will be the next development area, and I think the proof is alll around that area looking closly at buildings and rides the area shamefully is a mess.

:D

Doom and son
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 pm

I don't think it will make much difference to the the ride experience cause for all the times i've been on it i've never found myself looking at my feet lol.

---- Post Info Added ----

Nemmynut, i miss black hole too!, bring back a world class dark rollercoaster in it's place!,
Ripsaw and submission feel too travel fairground type rides for the class that is alton towers!.
Links 2 3 4....
The Bird Is The Word!

Farquaad
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 pm

They should move Sonic Spinball into the black hole tent (somehow), add laser guns to the cars and make it into a alien apocalypse or top secret military base infultration themed ride. Then they can do a Haunted House remake without laser guns and with atmosphere.

Oh and they should leave the Oblivion cars alone. Just tidy up the queue line and surrounding buildings.

Doom and son
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 am

No way,
I'm sorry dude but that would be a total cheap skate solution to it. If they were to put an existing ride in it, it should be knightmare at camelot cause i heard camelot may be closing after this year unfortunatly and it's a really great ride. However i'd rather them dig the ground level down and erect a bigger tent and give us something new and unheard of (still a rollercoaster though).
Links 2 3 4....
The Bird Is The Word!

Farquaad
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:09 am

Well there planning on moving Spinball anyway so thats probably the best outcome if it happens. Could be a worlds first as well, worlds first laser...shooting...rollercoaster...or something. Then you'd have space to develop adventureland and do a remake of the haunted house with John Wardly which would be cool. :o

Doom and son
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:19 am

I dunno pal, i went on a ride called crushes coaster at disneyland paris which was like sonic spinball in the dark and was fun, but did you ever go on the black hole orignal ride dude?, it had it's own personality, if spinball whizzer gets moved in there everyone who's been on it will know it's just sonic rush in the dark, and if i want to shoot stuff with a light gun i can play house of the dead or ghost squad on wii in my living room pal.
Links 2 3 4....
The Bird Is The Word!

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 am

"Doom and son" wrote:
If they were to put an existing ride in it, it should be knightmare at camelot cause i heard camelot may be closing after this year unfortunatly and it's a really great ride.

I don't think Camelot's gonna be closing next year, it was bought last year and would seem a bit bizzare to close it after one-and-a-half seasons.

Haven't been to Camelot in years though. How different is Knightmare to The Gauntlet?

Doom and son
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:27 am

Dear Ashleek,
Knightmare is a wicked cool as f**k rollercoaster, you gotta try it out lol. Did you ever go on the beast there?
Links 2 3 4....
The Bird Is The Word!

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:29 am

"Doom and son" wrote:
Dear Ashleek,
Knightmare is a wicked cool as f**k rollercoaster, you gotta try it out lol. Did you ever go on the beast there?

No, I was too young for that. By the time I was old enough it turned into Venom, which is apparently the same thing. It was one of my first proper rollercoasters.

Doom and son
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 am

One of those that if you ever see it moving it becomes a thousand times better when you're on it!

---- Post Info Added ----

Yeah i remember it changing to venom, sure it seemed more slower or maybe i got older lol, 27 now!
Links 2 3 4....
The Bird Is The Word!

Farquaad
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 am

but did you ever go on the black hole orignal ride dude?

Yeah I went on the original Black Hole. It was a long time ago though so I can just barely remember it. It was good. I mean if there gunna move spinball then if they put it in the tent with laser guns then its a totally different ride really. Rather than just moving it. And if they do another black hole kinda ride in there then it's kinda outdated and just the same as Black Hole which they got rid of. Whats gunna be the attraction. You can't really do anything extravagant and I doubt spinball will fit in there either, plus the whole laser device and display will be pretty arkward attatching to the restraint infront or whatever and is pretty unrealistic. I just hope they do something with it sooner or later.

DiogoJ42

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 am

:lol:

OK, this is all getting a bit off topic, but
"Doom and son" wrote:
If they were to put an existing ride in it, it should be knightmare at camelot
Knightmare's footprint is almost as big as Oblivion's!

:chuckel:

Blaze

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Spinball won't fit in the tent.

Knightmare is far too big and too old for the countries flagship park.

Europes first B&M Invert, third ever
World first Dive Machine
First B&M Flying coaster
Europes first Intamin Rocket coaster
World first freefall track and 'psychoaster'
Ageing and standard sit down coaster.

Doesn't sit well does it?
Knightmare is a great ride, but not for Alton. When Camelot closes I can see it going to a smaller park, or at best Flamingo Land or PBB.

Doom and son
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Fair point there pal,
Is a great coaster though, wish camelot had more good rides cause it's only 30 min drive from me, remember tower of terror and the beast?
Links 2 3 4....
The Bird Is The Word!

Mick
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:37 am

Tower of Terror was the first looping coaster I ever went on, sir! I remember it well :wink:

I agree, Alton would never buy Knightmare (what's the point). Neither would PBB.

Nevertheless, Knightmare, Spinball... all far too big for the black hole tent. If someone can come up with something really special, and possible for that space - then I'm all ears :P
There\'s plenty of room at the bottom!

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:32 pm

I just had a thought - could Alton Towers replace the oblivion restraints so they were made from phosphorescent materials? This way the restraints would glow in the tunnel and would really add to the ride experience.

mats
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:34 pm

They've just refurbed them (1 shuttle remaing) but yeah, that'd look OK - tohugh don't think Joe Public would notice when dipping out at 70mph? :?
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk

Titters
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Surely they'd notice a luminous glow coming from their restraint? I think it'd be a really nice touch and would add to the mystery of the ride.

[Archive]

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Well, I don't think it would make any difference really. It would be easier to use lighting effects in the tunnel rather than ask B&M to redesign the restraints so that they are made of florescent material.

TheOneWho

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Surely making different restraints would be a lot of trouble for little reward? Yes, people would notice it, but it wouldn't add anything to the ride. There is nothing inherently wrong with Oblivion (in my opinion), it's just that the location and support rides aren't the best.