UK theme parks from another point of view!

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Re: AT Waterpark Improvements

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:25 pm

"DiogoJ42" wrote:
I soooo wish Alton would build something like that

Agreed, and to be fair Splashdown has proved that you can cram so much stuff into a tiny place. The unit is tiny, yet they managed to squeeze 9 indoor slides in and the lazy river, so there's not much excuse why others can't do the same.

Take heed Alton

---- Post Info Added ----

"DiogoJ42" wrote:
I soooo wish Alton would build something like that

Agreed, and to be fair Splashdown has proved that you can cram so much stuff into a tiny place. The unit is tiny, yet they managed to squeeze 9 indoor slides in and the lazy river, so there's not much excuse why others can't do the same.

Take heed Alton

jack030894
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:40 pm

i think alton towers waterpark needs a new water slide! In germany somewhere at this water park they have an upside down water slide. You stand in the tube and then the door closes and the floor moves away from under your feet and the person shoots down vertically then up upside down really fast of course then back down then they come flying out the end.
This would be the Uk's First Upside Down Water Slide!
Heres the video on You Tube!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44JieSKX464&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44JieSKX464&NR=1[/url]

washdisher
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:22 am

I would like to see
Name: Cariba Creek waterpark
Pools: build a new pool with a big wave machine (waves coul be up to 2 meters)
Slides: 3 new slides
A tall steep slide starts from an outdoor tower slide finishes inside
A Racing slide with 4 or 6 lanes
A family raft slide

matt1208
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm

"washdisher" wrote:
I would like to see
A family raft slide

agreed!
maybe a few more slides
and a bowl

towers should use this as an example:http://www.duinrell.com/tikibad/tikibad/glijbanen/

2 raft rides
2 family slides
2 extreme drop slides
2 bowls (one enclosed like disco h2o)
a short fast slide
a vertical plunge slide
a wave pool
lazy river
and outdoor pools

---- Post Info Added ----

"washdisher" wrote:
I would like to see
A family raft slide

agreed!
maybe a few more slides
and a bowl

towers should use this as an example:http://www.duinrell.com/tikibad/tikibad/glijbanen/

2 raft rides
2 family slides
2 extreme drop slides
2 bowls (one enclosed like disco h2o)
a short fast slide
a vertical plunge slide
a wave pool
lazy river
and outdoor pools

Maddie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:05 pm

how about raising the temperature in all the pools by a few degrees? i find its just on that threshold of being too cold :( and therefore either spend most of my time in the bubbly wubbly pool or the jacuzzi's

also more rings for the lazy river, half ruins the effect if you cant float about!

washdisher
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:43 am

It would be good if they extended flash flood and supplied rings for it (like the misisipi river/grand canyon at splashdown)

DiogoJ42

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:57 am

Here's a thought: They have a snack bar poolside, right? But no one carries their wallet into the pool with them!
Now, as most hotel guest will set up a room tab, why not link the barcodes on your wristband to your room bill? That way, you can grab a drink without having to go back to your locker twice! :yes:

They should also have a bar next to the lazy river, so you can float about with a cocktail. :mrgreen:

Oh, and if you find the water too cold, Maddie, just pop out to the Flash Floods for a bit. That'll show you what cold is! :P When you return, the water will seem tropical! :D

Maddie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:20 pm

:shock:

cmpunk771
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:55 pm

^^ Lol you showed her

I believe that there is not much to do with the water-park other than expansion, i say this because i do think they have got a good water-park there but they need more attractions to pull in more guests other than hotel guests, they need to make me want to go to the waterpark just as much as the theme park which is no easy feat but in a few years with a few more attractions maybe one day.

jack030894
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:20 am

i think alton towers waterpark needs a new water slide! In germany somewhere at this water park they have an upside down water slide. You stand in the tube and then the door closes and the floor moves away from under your feet and the person shoots down vertically then up upside down really fast of course then back down then they come flying out the end.
This would be the Uk's First Upside Down Water Slide!
Heres the video on You Tube!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44JieSKX464&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44JieSKX464&NR=1[/url]

James6
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:24 pm

In my opinion, going upside down should be left to the theme park. :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P

Big Dave

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Isnt that the one they had loads of problems with? Wouldnt like the idea of going upside down in a waterslide tbh

stretchy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm

I rode the vertical looping water slide at 'action park' in New Jersey in the mid 80's. It was extremely painful. I don't recommend any park having one.

crofty2009
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 am

At Centre Parcs many years ago they had a spa side pool, which you could actually swim in and it had an outside section if you wanted to talk without disrupting the spa atmosphere. If they introduced the bar feature coupled with the new pool section I think it would really work. One of the major problems is that once your out of the water even inside the complex you can quickly catch a chill from all the breeze generator vents they have. In my opinion they could do without them.
Last edited by crofty2009 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bote
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:51 pm

"crofty2009" wrote:
One of the major problems is that once your out of the water even inside the complex you can quickly catch a chill from all the breeze generator vents they have. In my opinion they could do without them.

Most large indoor pool complex's have them. They are very uncomfortable if you are standing near them when wet (On my NPLQ course I had to stand infront of one for an hour when doing throwbag practice :P ) The problem is though, if you take them out the building becomes very stuffy becasue of all the heat and chemicals rising from the pool.

It just makes it more pleasant for guest when actually in the water (Asthmatics especially, as the chemicals can really set them off) Although I agree that they aren't nice when you're out of the water, they are pretty much neccessary. Some new pools use UV to clean the water though as oppose to chemicals, so they don't have to have anywhere near the amount of air outlets, because there is only really the bit of heat which escapes into the air. They can still get stuffy though.

UltraRobbie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:30 pm

"stretchy" wrote:
I rode the vertical looping water slide at 'action park' in New Jersey in the mid 80's. It was extremely painful. I don't recommend any park having one.

Oh it isn't like that at all. This one is at a much lower angle, so you basically only go up about 90 degrees? Much safer :P

Blizzard
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:20 pm

Something to stop it getting so humid while going through the water park to AT hotel. Aircon or fans of something. As long as it stops my mum complaning about her hair going frizzy (I dont mind), im all for it!

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.

lucky13
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 pm

I went to the water park for the first time on sunday and we all loved it I think if they added slides inside the park it would spoil the atmosphere and the look of the place in its current well themed state. I do think it would be nice to extend the water park and add a multi slide, wave pool and a high speed ride just to take a little presure of the master blaster. Ido think what they do have is fantastic especialy that tree house :D
Thats how we roll SLIDERS

venny911
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Got to say that after visiting for the Caribbean Weekend at the end of January, the newly repainted treehouse was a disappointment.

Whereas before the supports were painted with a wood effect, they are now all covered in garish red, yellows and blues. In a way this detracts from the themeing and makes the waterpark look a bit cheaper. In fact it reminds me more a Butlins/Haven-type installation, rather than a higher-end waterpark which Alton both market and charge for.

Kendalgal
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:11 pm

The water is much colder this season too. Put a massive downer on our recent visit, so much so we didn't go in for our 2nd day visit :x
Mum to Hollie (9) & Madison (5)