UK theme parks from another point of view!

mezza
TT Member
TT Member

Re: What is next to go?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:12 am

I actually think Spinball will be the next of the big coasters to go. Although it's relatively new, it's installation was widely regarded as a bad move for the park.

As it's very 'standalone', it would be very easy for the park to dismantle and sell on, and it would clear a lot of space for a major development in Adventureland.
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER

Oblivion_
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:18 pm

"mezza" wrote:
I actually think Spinball will be the next of the big coasters to go. Although it's relatively new, it's installation was widely regarded as a bad move for the park.

As it's very 'standalone', it would be very easy for the park to dismantle and sell on, and it would clear a lot of space for a major development in Adventureland.

I guess that would work.

Though personally, though I keep thinking it's boring in the few months before I go, it's a fairly enjoyable ride.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA

Hark

Sun May 03, 2009 11:16 am

"mezza" wrote:

I disagree, yes Spinball has issues with throughput and reduced capacity and some members say it's an eye sore - but looking at Adventure Land the ride fits very well with where it is placed and the themeing is average.... (in my opinion better than Rita). It's very popular with children and 2 rides are never the same.

I think getting rid of some flats like Ripsaw, Submission and Enterprise would be beneficial in many respects - but what exactly could replace them apart from another Flat? There really isn't a lot of space to enable a major attraction to be built.

Personally I think it's time for the Flume to move on to the graveyard and providing planning permission can be obtained something replacing it. The drop on the flume is nothing these days (compared to storm force/tidal wave etc) and its theming is mediocre (Valhalla superior to the Flume). It was good back in its day but it's very rough and generally just needs to die now.

andy_sj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 20, 2009 4:39 pm

Spinball's not a bad little coaster, its pretty enjoyable although it does tend to jar your neck a bit sometimes! On the whole though I think it suits its little spot there and would be a shame to see it go as its good fun usually as long as the queue isn't too massive :roll:

Weebl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 20, 2009 5:36 pm

I don't think removing any flats is a good idea barring Submission, one or two more flats are needed on top what they already have in my opinion

Stu
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 21, 2009 10:46 am

The flume has to go. but can't see it being next to go as they have just invested in new evac on it etc... but they really need to ditch it and bring in a new up to date, modern, flume ride, bit of a coaster feel to it maybe? longer in the woods? I dunno. It's hard to build a new ride in placeof a ride that already goes into woodland area. Need's a new modern flume/water ride there.

Spinball i really enjoy and gutted it's always got a huge queue. I attualy laugh all the way round it, i love to be fair. Submission should go and put in a better flat ride.. but submission looks intimidating to new people.. i always hear people going "oh my god" and "wow" and "awwww god" when they watch it. Yes we know it's painful and most don't go on it and boring now, but to general public who visit once a year or less than that, find it looks amazing and hmm yeah... i say bring back the Energizer! Was a class ride!

I would say get rid of the corkscrew it's boring now and rough - but hey my wish came true. So next wish to come true , submission and flume please. lol.

Air Time
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:52 pm

I can see Enterprise or Submission being the next ride to go as Enterprise is getting old and Submission is just not very popular. however if this was to happen it would make X-sector very empty :(
If you like Air, you\'ll love Air Time.

Blaze

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Hopefully Submision will go, but I hope Enterprise stays for a while. I can see Blade moving to Mutiny Bay or going completely, but Beastie will probably go first, it's an old ride and there are much better alternatives out there now.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:37 am

On that note I think Blade should be moved to MB and put another small coaster like the original thunder looper. That area of the park seems like a good place for one and they have reasonable height to work with. A design thats slim, out and back, would work great in that space or perhaps even something as compact as the S&S El Loco that flamingo have just installed.

As a for what should die, Submission, Enterprise and The Flume.

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Surely Submission should be next to go, only one side is working and it's not very popular. Also it apparently hurts a lot! Alton should replace it with a modern good ride!
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

jomo1993
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:33 pm

"PeteB" wrote:
As a for what should die, Submission, Enterprise and The Flume.

Submission is an average ride but would be so much more enticing if both sides worked together (although i can never see this happening i think AT should do this just as a kinda test thing - as in, if the ride gets more popular by doing this, then leave it, if not remove it.)

Although enterprize is popular i think it should go as it just doesnt get through enough people. I think it needs at least two operators/host to make everything faster.

Flume - I cant see this leaving soon, it is incredibly popular (i have visited 4 times in the past week or so and each day (two of whitch were rubbish weather wise) it has had an hour+ queue on all 4 days). The reliability seems to have slightly improved aswell and i would be very sad to see it go.

In my opinion I say get rid of ripsaw and blade.
Ripsaw because i think its a boring ride which breaks down loads and needs to be put on a new sequence.
Blade - Words cant describe how ill this ride makes me feel. :lol:
MIND THE DOORS PLEASE

MIND THE DOORS

optimusjamie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Clear out X-Sector, leaving only Oblivion, then convert what remains into a desert-type area and then build a Dune ride. That's my insane idea.

jack030894
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Enterprise is next to go definatly that ride has pain written all over it along with it needs to go its been there for like 17 years !

NF2
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 pm

^^Try 25 years :lol:

jack030894
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:59 am

i agree with the person about clearing out x sector yeh good idea but i would seriously put a drop tower or a new indoor rollercoaster in the dark like black hole but smething like the rock n roller coaster at disney that would be amazing ! :lol:

taker316
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:03 pm

I think someone has already said this but whats the point of having a drop tower when you already have Oblivion. It's supposed to have the same experience as a drop tower. The feeling of freefalling. I do agree with you about the rock n rollercoaster thing in the BH tent. It would bring back the attention X-Sector once had.
R.I.P CORKSCREW R.I.P
1980-2008

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:32 pm

+ Only 1/2 the guests like drop towers but 3/4 of the guests like Oblivion.
I know, I’m part of that 1/4.

Did you know 80% of statistics are made up on the spot and 90% of people know it.

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:16 pm

lets hope the flume goes next blah!

whoever said blivy is going is silly! its got at least another 20 years left!

XIIIDom
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm

Oblivion used to be awesome...change needs to happen, but whenever I think of it I always see 'blivvy painted pink with loads of flowers, and called something awful like "flower power tower"...*shudders* 8-[

Not a re-theme, but one hell of an update, call it something like...

OBLIVION: VENGEANCE

or something sounding less like a rubbishy action film...

FallingStar
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:56 pm

I still think Oblivion deserves a hint at its original intentions, so therefore why not give it a MASSIVE update :

Oblivion : The Edge