UK theme parks from another point of view!

DiogoJ42

Re: New flats for Dark Forest?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:26 pm

"Dormiens-Dave" wrote:
What you fail to realise is that most flat ride manufacturers make two versions of each ride, look at the mondial top scans that travel and samurai, they are the same ride but look completely different from the point of view of aesthetics.

Well... to be picky, Samurai is a traveling model. But this just proves that any traveling ride can be made to suite it's surroundings with a bit of TLC. :)

adsyrah
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:35 pm

"NF2" wrote:
It went back to Mondial who refurbed the ride and converted it to a travelling model. This believe it or not is how it looks now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd7NhZv3QU&feature=related

I used to LOVE dynamo! It was the only ride in the park that actually made me giggle all the way through and feel dizzy when I came off.

pjb012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:25 am

I'm going to be controversial here, and say that I'm not sure I want to see any new flats in the Dark Forest. :)

The reason I say this is because I really don't think there are any flats out there at the moment that are original or innovative enough to make an impact to the area or for AT as a whole - and what's the point if they are not going to be a feature in their own right?

I would much prefer to see a more unique 'Dark Forest themed' dark ride in the area to complement the two rollercoasters - maybe a 4D ride featuring a thrill experience based on the creeping vines, the wraiths or that creepy girl from the Th13teen blipverts? :twisted:

One drawback I see to this idea is that the Dark Forest could then be too focused on 'thrill' rides whereas AT may want a more balanced mix of attractions in the area?

Paul

EDIT: Wasn't there rumours going around quite a few months back that the Duel ride would be re-located to Dark Forest? Aside from the obvious problem of where to stick such a large building (my guess would be down the bottom of Dark Forest by the arcade), imagine if that got turned back into a haunted house ride based on the vines and wraiths - it would be awesome! :D :D :D

dale160688
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:43 pm

in regard to the '4-D' experience, how far is the dark forest theme going to extended to? i have always viewed hex to have a very similar theme and content of 'th13teen' (so far 2 be very underwellemed at the annoucement of th13teens theme, but i get of topic) and also it clearly would link into the forest very well.
so i would see the dark forest as;

th13teen
rita
hex

if this is the case, then i see no need for a flat until 2012, if at all. going of the assumption that hex is incorporated, due to theme. you have three very large rides here.
i would much prefer 3 huge ride with fantastic theming which continues to develop than 3 huge rides 2 flats with a couple of branches lieing around :lol:

1st time posting on here, have hung around and read the content for a few year on and off, but finally decided to join. :D

seanyboyuk
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:21 pm

A 4d cinema would be a bad move for the area as we now have 2 show/cinematic rides in the area with one being hex and all its pre show and the 2nd the indoor section on 13. It definetly needs to be a flat for sure but having said that a decent water ride going into the woods could work?

Blaze

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Just getting permision. Would not happen. A decent flat or two should do, maybe a 4D cinema, just because Thirteen may have some kind of cinema effects and because Hex, a completely seperate attraction in a different part of the park has a pre show, does not mean it would not work in Dark Forest. They were planning one for Black Hole in 2008-2009, maybe still are.

MartynRitaRider
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:46 am

on the video i supplied (page 3) it does look like a tacky fair ground ride, but surely if towers wanted it could have any flat customed on layout and appearance. Could easily take the lighting effects off the ride give it a dark paint colour and it would fit in very well if not there then how about BH tent :D

deeve
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:22 am

The concept drawings that came out a couple of years or so ago captured what Thirteen was going to do well enough. They featured the Robo arms as well so watch this space. It maybe that Alton Towers customises them from a bog standard flat to something else like a 3d or 4d experience who knows. Flats at Alton Towers need reviewing as they are crap. The Dark forrest will i think have a new flat instaled by next year and then that will be it for that area for about 4 years.

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:34 pm

How about thy build a haunted walk through similar to Doom and Sons but obviously with better technology and more scarier, i think it would be great.

nemesisfan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:49 pm

They need to do something like saw at the thorpe park the new maze thing they have where theres live acotrs in theres, this would fit amazingly with th13eens story and the whole dark forest theme and if it had them wraiths in there with the voice changer and holograms of that girl well wow that would be something :D

AshleeK
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 pm

"nemesisfan" wrote:
They need to do something like saw at the thorpe park the new maze thing they have where theres live acotrs in theres, this would fit amazingly with th13eens story and the whole dark forest theme and if it had them wraiths in there with the voice changer and holograms of that girl well wow that would be something :D

That's the best idea I've heard for the Dark Forest, would be perfect.

Still, TH13TEEN should have been built in Gloomy Wood...

stewart306
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 am

"AshleeK""][quote=""nemesisfan" wrote:

That's the best idea I've heard for the Dark Forest, would be perfect.

Still, TH13TEEN should have been built in Gloomy Wood...[/quote]

I believe that thi3teen should've been in the gloomy wood aswell, it would have brought alot to a quite empty area, i like the gloomy wood but it lacks something. Thi3teen in the gloomy wood would also have left the development oppurtunities in place for Ug Land, if it even needed changing that is, i thought Ug Land was great and i'm sad to see it go. :|

As far as a flat in the Dark Forest goes; if its a fully themed flat that fits into the area such as ripsaw then im all for it, but if its a fairground ride that we've all seen before with a lick of paint and slapped into an empty area for a few seasons then i think the dark forest should be left as it is and the money be spent elsewhere!
Peugeot Sport 908 HDi Fap

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Actually there is a lot less room left in the Dark forest then was originally predicted. The only way they could fit a decent flat ride seems to be if they reduced Rita's cattle pen queue. But they are still limited by height because of Rita. A tracked ride on the other hand might have a bit more room.

jack030894
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Dynamo should come back for defo! They could call it the witches spell or something like that it good be really good! they could even call it the wraith's table that sounds awesome? :clap: :D

Coaster Crazy Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 pm

"Nightfall" wrote:
Actually there is a lot less room left in the Dark forest then was originally predicted. The only way they could fit a decent flat ride seems to be if they reduced Rita's cattle pen queue. But they are still limited by height because of Rita. A tracked ride on the other hand might have a bit more room.

There is still room for say a maelstrom or something biggish, look at the space waveswinger/ug swinger left! There was plenty there! There will be a flat for the dark forest in 2011 in the ug swinger space i think or were the van is in the 13 queue (or just to the left of that). Trust me if you want to, because i know!
Massive thanks to adzy for the signature and avatar!
Xbox Live - Blanddak1ller LFD2,FIFA10 and MW2 expert; feel free to add me!

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:54 pm

hmm.. flats? I'd be happy with just a twister, it would fit in well, theme the arms to look like vines, wouldn't take much, and it would be a great excuse to fill that large gap between TH13TEEN and Rita's launch building, mind you there are the beastly supports.. so it would be a tight fit, and not much space for the queue. :(
Last edited by SheikhSam on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Man
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:57 pm

yeah the arms could be themed like vines as if they are pulling you into the forest or trying to get you or something :?: I just hope they use space well and that they make a good themed ride which hasn't been done before. :lol:
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:55 pm

how about a ride like pandemonium at drayton manor? that was a good ride :)

SheikhSam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:04 pm

Love the idea, but Alton's limited to tree height only. :herrrm:

DiogoJ42

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 pm

There's no point getting an identical ride to one that's only down the road. Alton need unique rides. Move It 32, anyone?