UK theme parks from another point of view!

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2012: New Attractions

Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Robo arms and projectors?!!! Come one people, lets think about this. Surely if there were to be a high quality projector there would need to be a projector room?! And Robo arms for gods sake! Not only are they expensive, but the through put is dreadful. Why the lifts and the need to take riders down deep simply for a drop tower? Simple, so that the end of your ride comes immediately after you have been subjected to a drop, as opposed to having to sit whilst the ride travels back to the surface, which would be a dull end to the ride. Those are my thoughts at lease. :-)

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:03 pm

I would love to see a good dark ride...

With tentacles!!!

Lotte
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 am

"damos1""][quote=""homfecep" wrote:
Here're the ride chamber measures.

That looks like it could easily house that spinny ride thingy...

you go down in the lift to a lower level, Board the ride, Which needs heght to be kept indoors, Then depart ride and exit via other lifts...

8)[/quote]

I love all your wild n crazy imaginative what it could be ideas,what would this site be without your thoughts to make me and others smile:D .

fredward

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:46 pm

"dominoes" wrote:
I would love to see a good dark ride...

With tentacles!!!

Wow...um... That can really be taken the wrong way.

*insert hentai joke*

:P

Ryan.
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi all, been following this thread for a while and as far as i'm aware no one seems to have touched on this; I was just wondering why there is 2 seperate pre-batch areas, 2 seperate entry lifts and 2 seperate exit lifts, my first thought was that maybe the ride chamber could be split in two, with each half being ran independently to the other. Obviously this would point towards the ride being like extremis, as there wouldn't really be room for 2 sets of anything else.

There could possibly have been a wall diagonally through the ride chamber (from the first set of doors to the second set) with two extremis style drop towers in each half facing the diagonal wall, which could possibly have some sort of effects/show on it and create a focal point; abit like the fallen branch in the middle of the hex vault.

This would obviously be good for throughput, but I imagine they would have had to show on the plans if they were intending to build a wall or some kind of seperation through the middle of the room. I just don't otherwise see the benefits of having 2 of everything else and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on it?

Coaster_Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:59 pm

"Ryan." wrote:
Hi all, been following this thread for a while and as far as i'm aware no one seems to have touched on this; I was just wondering why there is 2 seperate pre-batch areas, 2 seperate entry lifts and 2 seperate exit lifts, my first thought was that maybe the ride chamber could be split in two, with each half being ran independently to the other. Obviously this would point towards the ride being like extremis, as there wouldn't really be room for 2 sets of anything else.

There could possibly have been a wall diagonally through the ride chamber (from the first set of doors to the second set) with two extremis style drop towers in each half facing the diagonal wall, which could possibly have some sort of effects/show on it and create a focal point; abit like the fallen branch in the middle of the hex vault.

This would obviously be good for throughput, but I imagine they would have had to show on the plans if they were intending to build a wall or some kind of seperation through the middle of the room. I just don't otherwise see the benefits of having 2 of everything else and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on it?

I think some others made that suggestion and, although possible, the positioning of the operator booth makes that seem unlikely as there would be one half of the ride completely obscured from their view.

Javs
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Most likely due to throughput. I would imagine that one lift would not hold the capacity required for one cycle of the main ride, so they installed 2. I would also imagine that this lift ride down has some significance as well as a few surprises, as a simple set of stairs would have done the trick!! Quite why there are lifts to go back up I have no idea, although I would imagine there will be some sort of surprise in store with these too!!

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:47 pm

There are two lifts up as well to make the attraction realistic - it wouldn't look right travelling down in a lift 100ft to go on a ride which is meant to look like it's underground to then walk out a fire exit - there could also be two lifts because of one breaking down, at least the attraction could stay open then! :D

torps2351
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 am

I emailed a friend of mine at Merlin Studios, and he said the ride is called Vertigo, and attached this ride restrictions notice.

Do you think we could work out what the ride is from the restrictions?

http://i55.tinypic.com/28sndjt.gif

LordOfDarkness
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 am

Amazing find there! Still cant tell what it's going to be though, Keep us updated please! :)

SamRyan ~ @SamRyanSport

Satch

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

Nice PhotoShop

AstroDan

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:24 am

Most interesting, presuming of course this is genuine. Suggests the fear of height will be focussed on heavily within the attraction.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

torps2351
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 am

nope, don't think anyones able to re-create exactly alton towers signage, and this looks the same to me

Benzin
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 am

That doesn't look like ANY of the Lost City ride boards at all...

Honest...

Dormiens-Dave

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:35 am

Looks photo-shopped to me, mainly because towers don't use "opening" and "closing" dials on their restrictions boards as other than the water rides all rides open with the park and close with the park. If you don't have staggered opening why bother with the dials.

Prepared to be wrong though

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:00 am

"AstroDan" wrote:
Most interesting, presuming of course this is genuine. Suggests the fear of height will be focussed on heavily within the attraction.

Heights? according to Wikipedia, Vertigo means : /ˈvɜrtɨɡoʊ/ (from the Latin vertō "a whirling or spinning movement"[1]) is a type of dizziness, where there is a feeling of motion when one is stationary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertigo

So from this I pressume the ride will spin.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:10 am

This has to be fake. That box on the right is for technical drawings containing dimensions, not for artwork such as this.

Good effort though. I love all this trolling, it keeps speculation alive and humorous. :lol:

And yeah, I'm, definitely thinking Thorpe Park's Lost City here...

herewegoagain
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:13 pm

This may be me being rather naive but the planning application for this ride is still pending consideration so surely they won't start mocking up graphics until they actually get the go ahead to build it? Just a thought
The board looks a bit too similar to the one on Saw: The Ride - http://prntscr.com/35ftb rather than the ones at Alton Towers
Last edited by herewegoagain on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really?

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Well you're only partly right there Jen... They already have mocked up graphics and the like - with the other planning documents, such as the outside building plans. These things are always done by Merlin Studios way before an application is put in, so that pending its success, it makes implementing the ride much quicker and easier.

However, yeah, it does look a lot like the Saw Live Maze board, and like someone else said, AT don't use Ride Open/Close dials on their rides apart from the water ones. The reason why that Saw one has them is because it's for the horror maze.
ImageImage

AstroDan

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:55 pm

I too believe this as fake now.

Client: He who must not be named.

I just don't think his name would appear.