A new attraction in the Black Hole tent would just be a matter of waterproofing the tent, fixing any parts of the structure that may have been damaged over the years and then just simply putting the attraction in there. The infrastructure is all there, and Alton could have very little work to do compared to building a whole new structure.
I hope the tent gets a new ride of some sort, although for some reason I can see Adventure Land/Storybook Land/Old MacDonald's Farmyard having something "new" for 2012. Perhaps Adventure Land/Storybook Land will be getting merged together?
Overall then there seems to be a number of possibilities for next year.
- New ride in the Black Hole tent
- Replacement flat rides for Submission and Enterprise along with a possible Oblivion spruce up
- New kids area/merge of areas at the lower parts of the park (around where Adventure Land, Storybook Land and Old MacDonald's Farmyard is), this could include a new attraction/show in the ice tent and a new kids coaster replacing the Beastie.
- New flat ride in the Dark Forest (seems most unlikely - but still a possibility)
- The Flume rethemed to fit in with Mutiny Bay, or a new replacement ride for the Flume (which I think is unlikely, but again we can't really rule anything out right now).
Needless to say there are a lot of areas at Alton that could do with some attention and I think Alton do really have a vast number of options available to them. Who knows what the expect next year - I do hope they impress us though given the lack of new attractions this year.