UK theme parks from another point of view!

Blaze

Re: Interesting Wardley Sightings

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Whenever he wants, and whenever they ask him to on a consult or whatever.

It's not like he has a schedule or anything.

I never seen him; didn't even see him on Thirteen open day, and I was within 5 foot of him. :P

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

"Blaze" wrote:
Whenever he wants, and whenever they ask him to on a consult or whatever.

It's not like he has a schedule or anything.

I never seen him; didn't even see him on Thirteen open day, and I was within 5 foot of him. :P

I managed to get of glimpse of him walking around the TH13TEEN site on the second day of opening, but unfortunatley didn't get too talk to him, but hopefully this will all change soon [-o<

Does anyone know if he still checks his email and replies? I have emailed him a few times and he's yet to reply. I know he's a busy man, but he always used to be active on the account.

JamieDeath
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 pm

I was there today, and we noticed 2 groups of people wearing suits holding documents up and checking the area around Katanga Canyon. I managed to catch a glimpse of one of the documents and it did indeed look like a planning document (similar to the ones for thirteen), although I'm guessing this could be a planning document for anything. Also herd them talking about relocating a tree. After walking around a bit they stopped for a while and were looking in this direction here.
Saw them around other parts of the park as well, although can't really remember where. Feel like some kind of stalker now, but I guess we were just walking past at the right time, and they looked really out of place with their suits.
Last edited by JamieDeath on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshc807
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:23 pm

"JamieDeath" wrote:
I was there today, and we noticed 2 groups of people wearing suits holding documents up and checking the area around Katanga Canyon. I managed to catch a glimpse of one of the documents and it did indeed look like a planning document (similar to the ones for thirteen), although I'm guessing this could be a planning document for anything. Also herd them talking about relocating a tree. After walking around a bit they stopped for a while and were looking in this direction here.
Saw them around other parts of the park as well, although can't really remember where, I feel like some kind of stalker now, but I guess we were just walking past at the right time, and they looked really out of place with their suits.

So did I! But around the Flume area, they looked around the Flume, and then wrote some things down and headed towards the Alton Towers offices.

djtruefitt

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:29 pm

It seems that quite a few people have seen various people in suits around Katanga Canyon during the past few months, so it is looking more and more likely that a new ride will be appearing in Katanga Canyon or around the flume site in the next few years!

I hope if a new ride appears in Katanga Canyon they keep the whole theme and area as it is. I think it works really well and depite being one of the oldest areas in the park it still looks really good and I think over time the area has looked more real, compared to when it was new when it was very blank and empty. If we see a new ride we may see the area get a slight clean.

dmmosh1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Someone should of just joined the group discreetly and listened in and asked questions.

djtruefitt

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 pm

You might have stood out a little bit if you didnt have a suit on! But im sure you could have stood near them looking like a normal visitor pretending to look confused at your park map or something.

dmmosh1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:14 pm

"djtruefitt" wrote:
You might have stood out a little bit if you didnt have a suit on! But im sure you could have stood near them looking like a normal visitor pretending to look confused at your park map or something.

That is a solid idea nice one, you could just go over listening looking at the map inconspiculiously and if they see you just go. "Urm im a bit lost and im looking for a ride if im here on the map then SW7 goes/ is like ..."

crofty2009
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

i really like this, i saw a load of alton towers employees inspecting the castle in mutiny bay, they seamed very concerned about the cracks appearing, some of them are getting pretty big.

i agree though, the flume needs replacing and preferably with another water ride that gives either a good soaking or a medium soaking.

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:25 pm

"crofty2009" wrote:
i really like this, i saw a load of alton towers employees inspecting the castle in mutiny bay, they seamed very concerned about the cracks appearing, some of them are getting pretty big.

i agree though, the flume needs replacing and preferably with another water ride that gives either a good soaking or a medium soaking.

Can see this happening to Th13teen...typical cheap, ruhshed job Merlin.

Isnt it getting a bit late in the day for plans to be submitted for 2012? Thats if it is the medium investment we are expecting / deserve?

Getting rather concerned now...of course we could get nothing next year and then two major rides the year after?

It does concern me that a lot needs doing to the park...we have the beastie site and black hole site screaming out for investment, numerous rides need bringing back up to standard...wheres the magic gone? The next 5-7 years should be fun, so much potential construction for us geeks!

stretchy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:19 pm

"JB1985" wrote:
Isnt it getting a bit late in the day for plans to be submitted for 2012? Thats if it is the medium investment we are expecting / deserve?

Don't fret, plenty of time, remember some areas of the park are covered by GDO's which mean they don't need planning permission. I do have a feeling, though, that we will know much more in a month or so.

crofty2009
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm

sounds interesting and i can't wait to learn more. i really hope though that they consider our ideas as well.