UK theme parks from another point of view!

When will Enterprise Leave Alton Towers?

Poll runs till Thu Dec 05, 2052 4:31 pm

Closed Season 2011-2012
3 (4%)
11 (15%)
20 (27%)
12 (16%)
2015-2019
22 (30%)
Later
6 (8%)

Total votes: 74

oldgitBEN

Re: A Realistic Enterprise Leaving Date!

Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:54 pm

"D4n""][quote=""oldgitBEN" wrote:
with the current management it'll stay until the thing falls apart, then they will just put a wall around it, and not replace it.

Might even get an additional p2p on said wall if they really push the boat out.

Can you please criticise the park when they actually do something wrong, rather than bashing Merlin for the sake of bashing?

Personally I don't really want Enterprise to leave, Submission should be far higher on my Alton's list of rides to replace, then again, when a new ride is built in the Black Hole tent, I hope that the whole of X-Sector is spruced up.

2015-19, I'd say. :)[/quote]

using the beastie as an example, I so no reason to suggest they will do anything but this.

And lets not forget when black hole closed it was replaced by p2ps, and also the fact this season we've had new slush stands and water walkers thrown in to make some extra cash.

I fully expect the park to follow suit at present. I certainly dont think Im bashing for the sake of bashing, its all proved by merlin already.

Blaze

Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 pm

The Beastie is hardly the same kind of thing, and if the story was true and it was due to stay if the 4D cinema happened, the decision to close it happened quite recently, and removing mid-season would have been awkward and looked bad on their part if guests could see a ride being taken down.

The Black Hole wasn't replaced by P2Ps, they opened next to it, yes, but it's hardly a direct replacement, and that a) wasn't Merlin and b) are just a couple of the many P2Ps all over the park, hardly brought in to replace a ride.

The water walkers were also brought in because they are fun, and the stands because guests, strangely enough, need to eat and drink things on park. But because we don't like Merlin right now, they weren't done to give guests more refreshment options and a fun new side attraction, it was done to steal from us again.

They hid a little ride in the corner of nowhere behind a wall until they get someone in to remove it/replace it. I'm pretty sure when they remove a large and famous ride in clear view they will do something a bit classier than that and remove it over the winter and get something new in.

oldgitBEN

Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:27 pm

i shant get into a flame war over who is right,

but the new side attractions whether water walkers, new p2p, lockers, slush have all come this year as alton have been directed to get as much money from each guest as possible. Hence towers street in a morning being like a battle not to be sold fast track, photos, drink refills, etc etc - have you not noticed the increase this year? Everyone else has, and staff have even mentioned the situation.

And alton knew long before the start of the season that dreamworks pulled out of the shrek ride because alton werent good enough for their branding. So they then randomly remove their only family coaster, and slap a wall over it "there is nothing to see here".
Surely it looks worse to have a ride SBNO than removed? I think SBNO reflects on a lazy park, removal at least suggests growth.

And Enterprise isnt much of a bigger attraction than Beastie was, 0.9 height, family based, ageing, back-up ride to the main one in the area. Id count them to be very very close right now.

I respect the points you are making, and fair play perhaps I am being harsh, but this is the brutal honesty of how the park is at present.

crofty2009
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:14 pm

i know the enterprise is getting old now, however the fact remains it suits the current theme for the X Sector and since they still manufacture this ride it might not be removed but replaced with it's younger counterpart. in effect an identical ride replacing it.

i confess though if the black hole is redeveloped and the X Sector theme changes the Enterprise might leave the park

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Enterprse seemed more intense and painful yesterday. Maybe 2 people could be right!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

Chris1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 pm

If Enterprise does go I don't think they'll replace it with anything, simply fill the hole in and put a seating area and an ice cream stand on it or something...

The park doesn't seem to have time for flat rides anymore..

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:56 pm

"Chrïs" wrote:
an ice cream stand on it or something...

Unthemed, naturally. :wink:

themealgang
TT Member
TT Member

A Realistic Enterprise Leaving Date!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 am

I don't think it will be going just yet. The main consensus at the moment it appears is 2013 as the marketing has already started... And as revealed today, it very much looks like The Flumes last year in operation will be 2012.

If something happens in 2012 in X Sector, I very much think it will be in the Black Hole tent. From the information that us as fans have previously been given, I very much doubt we will be waving goodbye to it soon; that's just my opinion.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

addy2503
TT Member
TT Member

A Realistic Enterprise Leaving Date!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 am

Perhaps they could remove enterprise & submission and replace them with a disko coaster?

TowersJake
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm

i wouldn't mind it being replaced by a mondial top scan (samurai) but you have to put into account the area with oblivion's stall turn.

ATJakee Youtube Channel !

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:36 am

"addy2503" wrote:
Perhaps they could remove enterprise & submission and replace them with a disko coaster?

Oh you mean one of these: Image

I would prefer that somewhere else in the park.

I might change my estimate for Enterprise leaving later on.

AT TeeJay
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:57 pm

I hate Enterprise useless piece of junk plonked in the X Sector that makes you sick no thrill or enjoyment what so ever please go as soon as!
---- You\'d Better Not Go Alone ---

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 pm

I honestly can't see Enterprise going anywhere any time soon. The queue speaks for itself, as it's always been busy when I've visited this year.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:25 pm

To be honest I hope that Submision leaves before Enterprise. But I hope they both leave sooner rather than later because Oblivion needs some decent flat rides to back it up. I think a disko would work well in the X-Sector and it would have a decent throughput. But the lack hole needs to be filled before they start to take away any rides from the X-Sector.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Oh dear.... :|

And a disk-o would fit where in X-Sector exactly?

What would be the relevance of such a ride in the area?

If Enterprise does become too old to run, I hope it's replaced with a newer model. They are theme park staples. I don't think anything else would ever compliment Oblivion's final turn so well. I just wish they would paint it properly, it's horribly rusty looking these days!

As for Submission, it is nothing to write home about, but for a ride which takes up such a small footprint it isn't bad. It's a tad painful, but heck it's fun seing X-Sector upside down. If the second arm worked and the gondolas were refurbished to include new restraints, an exterior paintjob and working lights, the ride would actually be both visually interesting and fun to ride as well.

:)

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:34 pm

"CoasterCrazyChris" wrote:
And a disk-o would fit where in X-Sector exactly?

....not to mention looking very out of place. A disk-o ride really wouldn't suit the X-Sector theme anyway. Rides like this are better suited to Chessington. That's why Kobra works so well.

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

DDF14
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 pm

I would just replace Enterprise with the Huss replacement ride FLY AWAY
http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=57

A nice modern update with the same visuals but unique restraints compared to Thorpe Zodiac.

I would then either replace or preferably move submission and put in a park KMG Tango (Buried slightly) or Mondial Heartbreaker and theme it as a X-sector wind turbine / power source or something like that.
http://www.kmg.nl/kmg/factory/tango_en.html#
http://www.mondialrides.com/products/He ... mages.html

Or why not just buy a brand new Mondial supernova and bring back the Energizer run on a more thrilling setting of which it would still be family friendly.

Personally im not a fan of the disk-o coaster and plus i would keep it unique to the chessington brand..

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:49 pm

They have one of those fly away rides at Pleasure Island and my little brother threw up 7 times after riding.

They are alright but I can't see them fitting the X-Sector theme and why replace something with something that looks the same.

Like I said in my earlier post the black hole needs something before enterprise need replacing.

Don't_Look_Down
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:53 pm

"ryanyoxall" wrote:
Like I said in my earlier post the black hole needs something before enterprise need replacing.

Install a Topscan and be done with it :P

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Don't_Look_Down wrote:
ryanyoxall wrote:

Install a Topscan and be done with it  <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

What's your view on that now, with SW7 and all that?