UK theme parks from another point of view!

nemesismad

Re: 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm

This has to be top loading if everyones theory on " animatronic egg" is to be true, looking at the center concrete flooring between the four towers is to be the main loading area there is no chance an egg will fit there, it would be in the way of riders boarding. It will most deffinatley be top loading and this will be ground level with emergency/mechanical acsess.

filters
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Dobba wrote:
SECURITY PROTOCOLS INITIATED... Phalanx operatives stand by - further data transmission to follow once 150 followers obtained #sub_terra

Get retweeting  :P

And tell the Facebook masses  :)

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm 100x more interested in a quality dark ride than I am in Swarm, as great as it will be to ride a new type of coaster it looks slow, short and mildly uninteresting. On the other hand Sub-Terra looks great!

Ryan.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 pm

the photo seems to have been taken from around where the exit 'lifts' are, therefore riders will enter above the scaffold in the top left as suggested by Boz
Last edited by Ryan. on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adsyrah
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:06 pm

filters wrote:
And tell the Facebook masses  :)

Yep, I posted it on the AT Facebook wall :D

Dobba

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Plus, it makes sense from an storyline viewpoint to have riders look down on whatever the main object of theming is in that pit, especially if its something we're supposed to be afraid of.

Ryan.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:10 pm

I wonder if that will be the case and you will be able to see the bottom of the pit when you enter or if they will have it in darkness so you can't see the egg until you descend?

manual_operator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:11 pm

So has anyone seen the photo of the inside of the building yet? It's on the new twitter account for 'Phalanx Control' gotta be honest, that sure looks like there should be 4 towers, 1 on each wall!

Also, it does look quite a big space in there! And do we think that door is maintenance access of for loading/unloading as its on the lower floor??

lozzyhickers
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Ryan. wrote:
I wonder if that will be the case and you will be able to see the bottom of the pit when you enter or if they will have it in darkness so you can't see the egg until you descend?

I really hope it's the latter. Wth some good smoke effects and/or strobes, this will be very exciting!

Ryan.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:14 pm

manual_operator wrote:
So has anyone seen the photo of the inside of the building yet? It's on the new twitter account for 'Phalanx Control' gotta be honest, that sure looks like there should be 4 towers, 1 on each wall!

Also, it does look quite a big space in there! And do we think that door is maintenance access of for loading/unloading as its on the lower floor??

you should probably read the previous 2 or 3 pages  :P

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Only 111 followers. Anyone not at work get creating twitter accounts!

manual_operator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Ryan. wrote:
manual_operator wrote:

you should probably read the previous 2 or 3 pages  :P

Haha, that wasnt there when i was writing and thinking about it :p shows how quickly i type lol

demz_4
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:22 pm

can anybody make out what the long black steel piece is on the right hand pit if looking at the photo??

adsyrah
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

demz_4 wrote:
can anybody make out what the long black steel piece is on the right hand pit if looking at the photo??

In front of the ride parts is a shadow and behind is what looks like a painted black line.

Unless you mean something else  :?

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:30 pm

if i'm right its a bit of duct tape that they have used to mark stuff out
if you look closely there is one behind the furthest tower
8)

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:32 pm

If you look in the bottom right of the picture you can see a reflection up towards the sky in the (assuming water).  This gives a rough perspective o the size.
Also I'm hoping this photo was taken a while ago as there is clearly no roof as you can see the sky.

Ryan.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:33 pm

20 or so followers from the next 'data transmission'

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Hopefully some more of TT's 1,000 followers will follow the Phalanx account at some point :P

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Chris wrote:
Hopefully some more of TT's 1,000 followers will follow the Phalanx account at some point :P

Let's hope the next tweet isn't 'once we get to 1500 followers we will grant you all with VIP passes to a preview day next weekend' then!

Johno
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:44 pm

This is definitely top loading, and definitely maintenance/evac stairs.

The ride will obviously safely lower to the ground if powered down etc.

The ride 'well' (at the bottom, where the towers will sit) is slightly bigger than it will be eventually. Once the mechanism is placed in, I would expect them to be made slightly smaller, so that passengers can (if required) disembark from the ground floor.

My imagining of how this will happen is shown here. Red indicates footplates, the blue the theming elements, yellow the drop tower and turquoise some form of 4D effect. Green indicates the safe route should the site need to be evac-ed.