UK theme parks from another point of view!

SIMR
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm

This is brilliant - really clever marketing that costs nothing and is working a treat. I'm a little concerned that it's only enthusiasts following the account though, seeing as many members of the GP will not know what this is and will be reluctant to follow if suggested by an enthusiast friend.

I wonder if now that TowersTimes is being 'monitored', they are also reading this thread....

PHALANX, WE KNOW YOUR SECRET AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO RELEASE THE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.

:P
Last edited by SIMR on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sazzle

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm

It's not illegal when the person updating the Twitter account has access to many of our Facebook accounts... ;)

Longy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:45 pm

SIMR wrote:
This is brilliant - really clever marketing that costs nothing and is working a treat. I'm a little concerned that it's only enthusiasts following the account though, seeing as any members of the GP will not know what this is and will be reluctant to follow if suggested by an enthusiast friend.

I wonder if now that TowersTimes is being 'monitored', they are also reading this thread....

PHALANX, WE KNOW YOUR SECRET AND WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO RELEASE THE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.

:P

My friend followed because I told them to do so.
Oh and yer, Phalanx, we are on to you!

Dormiens-Dave

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm

When i saw that TowersTimes was being monitored my first thought was.... "well whats new" :D

However this is A1 marketing.

CJH
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Lol Sazzle too true.
Great piece of Marketing, I am actually impressed by the way this whole Sub-Terra thing is turning out. It actually is screaming, dare I say it, MAGIC.

I just can't wait to see what happens in the near future with SW7 and future marketing.
Chris 21 Manchester

Magrathea
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:50 pm

This is utterly wonderful and brilliant and SUCH an awesome touch to have them identifying when TTF will be on park etc. and identifying with other enthusiasts who ask things, including using the classic Oblivion "that information is classified" response.

Right now, I don't care if the ride turns out AWFUL, the marketing is AWESOME :D

Will04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Epic marketing - they do know what we like, don't they! I think that the focus on the Nemesis theme rather than the drop tower itself shows that Towers know their stuff. They realise that, like with Hex, a pretty average piece of kit can be made great with a good theme. And there's nothing like a personal touch  ;)

I'm just hoping for an epic Nemesis related TV advert now...

Longy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:57 pm

You know this is good marketing when you start to believe that it is an actual company that is doing this, and not Alton Towers.

This is possibly the best marketing I've saw for a ride, and it's much better the the Swarm's!

If this is medium investment, I can't wait to see what a large investment brings in terms of marketing. (It should be amazing!)

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm

^ I doubt very much that, as you call it, an 'actual company' is doing this - fairly certain it's Towers (which, incidentally, is an 'actual company' as well).

Longy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04 pm

Islander wrote:
^ I doubt very much that, as you call it, an 'actual company' is doing this - fairly certain it's Towers (which, incidentally, is an 'actual company' as well).

You know what I mean...
If you don't :P then I mean a company outside of the Towers. I know it's AT doing it, but 'an outside company' was a figure of speech for how good the marketing is.

ATJoseph
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04 pm

I think Longy is reffering to the times when Alton got a external company to do adverts and such as Oblivion's adverts!  :D
Last edited by ATJoseph on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sazzle

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh and as a follow on from SIMR regarding whether or not ATR read the forum...

Every. Single. Day

You'd be surprised. Be careful ;)

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Longy wrote:
Islander wrote:

You know what I mean...
If you don't :P then I mean a company outside of the Towers. I know it's AT doing it, but 'an outside company' was a figure of speech for how good the marketing is.

I think once ATR tweeted something that was obviously mean for the phalanx account, it proved that it's more than likely the same bloke. Not that that's a bad thing, but what a great job, half the time answering questions on AT, the other winding up enthusiasts. I think the guy on guest services is 'Andy'. Maybe it's him doing the lot?

If it is, Andy, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 pm

smudge. wrote:
Longy wrote:
Islander wrote:

You know what I mean...

I think once ATR tweeted something that was obviously mean for the phalanx account, it proved that it's more than likely the same bloke. Not that that's a bad thing, but what a great job, half the time answering questions on AT, the other winding up enthusiasts. I think the guy on guest services is 'Andy'. Maybe it's him doing the lot?

If it is, Andy, well done!

My name's Andy. Could I keep dosing off and posting without me knowing?
If it is, then he's doing a great job! He deserves a good pay for all of this!

MPDarby
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Well done AT. Us enthusiasts have being crying out for something like this for years. I am getting more & more excited by the day for this. I always swore I wouldn't use Twitter but I have now joined just for this! Keep it up & roll on opening day!
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!

Chris W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 pm

'Andy' will be part of Guest Services and probably won't work on the Phalanx Twitter account.

The PhalanxControl account is being run by someone from marketing :)

This is very good marketing, Alton Towers have needed to increase their social networking presence like this for a while now. :D

Dormiens-Dave

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Yup this is definately a step in the right direction, creating intrigue in the ride without overhyping! And indeed this wont by "Andy". this Will Be a marketing bod
Last edited by Dormiens-Dave on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Longy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Dormiens-Dave wrote:
Yup this is definately a step in the right direction, creating intrigue in the ride without overhyping! And indeed this wont by "Andy". this Will Be a marketing bod

WB? Initials I'm guessing.

smudge.
TT Member
TT Member

2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Chris wrote:
'Andy' will be part of Guest Services and probably won't work on the Phalanx Twitter account.

The PhalanxControl account is being run by someone from marketing :)

This is very good marketing, Alton Towers have needed to increase their social networking presence like this for a while now. :D

Does this mean marketing control the general ATR twitter account because there was a post made by ATR clearly meant for the phalanx account?

You wouldn't need to be particularly a whizz at marketing to post a few similar sentences on twitter. Don't get me wrong, its very clever still.

Dormiens-Dave

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Alton Towers have an electronic media coordinator, i imagine they can use most of Alton Towers social media accounts as well as people from any relevant departments. The likes of FB and twitter allow more than one user to post.

Hence why Craig has a heart-attack if i go near the TowersTimes FB account :D