UK theme parks from another point of view!

Benjy Alton Towers Kid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:21 pm

The egg looks great! I do agree, Towers hasn't got me interested since the epic elevator trick! Love it
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)

Blaze

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Thing is, if this is supposed to be some new base, why is it rusty?

*Awaits usual comments about tight-fistedness etc*

JoshC
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Blaze wrote:
Thing is, if this is supposed to be some new base, why is it rusty?

*Awaits usual comments about tight-fistedness etc*

Haha good point, why indeed? :P

Poison Tom 96

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Only slightly rusty and wouldn't they use any metal to hand if the base was in a way 'Thrown together?'

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Maybe the attraction will follow the story that this base has been re-opened since the original nemesis attack 18 years ago..? Maybe it's not supposed to be brand new...? Just a thought...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Bubbaride
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 pm

OR maybe it could just be the metal they had lying around... or rebuilt the base from the one from 18 years ago?

Ryan.
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:36 pm

.Adam wrote:
Maybe the attraction will follow the story that this base has been re-opened since the original nemesis attack 18 years ago..? Maybe it's not supposed to be brand new...? Just a thought...

routine restoration work springs to mind.  :P

Dormiens-Dave

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:37 pm

..... or maybe its just some really nice general theming to match Forbidden Valley

:)

Nice to see they have done what we where told would happen on the plans and themed the building, considering the comments about the "green" during half-term where quite negative maybe this goes to prove that things should not be taken on face-value until they are complete

*cough* SW7 *cough*

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Dormiens-Dave wrote:
Nice to see they have done what we where told would happen on the plans and themed the building, considering the comments about the "green" during half-term where quite negative maybe this goes to prove that things should not be taken on face-value until they are complete

*cough* SW7 *cough*

Did you see me complaining at half-term?  8)

The difference between this and SW7 is that at half term some people were panicking unnecessarily. The plans showed that it wouldn't end up being bright green but there was this weird assumption that how the building looked then would be the finale product. With SW7 I just don't think the station looks very good on the plans. No matter how close the finale ride matches up with the plans I’ve never known a ride to come out looking better.

That’s why I think stating that you don’t like a design is fair enough. It’s complaining that something looks awful while it’s still under construction that baffles me. I won’t be making my Judgement on the real thing until I’ve ridden it, and that goes for SW7 as well.
ImageImage

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:52 pm

I don't think it looks 'rusty', it's just been made to look less 'brand new' as at Half Term it was a shinny green colour. I think the touches of themeing and bits of added dirt etc. will just make the building fit into the surroundings a little more instead of looking like a Tesco Express has opened in the valley... :)

bohoboy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:47 pm

siralgenon wrote:
I don't think it looks 'rusty', it's just been made to look less 'brand new' as at Half Term it was a shinny green colour. I think the touches of themeing and bits of added dirt etc. will just make the building fit into the surroundings a little more instead of looking like a Tesco Express has opened in the valley... :)

I'd love to know which Tesco Express you shop at.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Have we thought for a second that the 'rusting up' is a simple matter of showing that the base has been there for a while? As in, that's how it has aged over the past few months during the Phalanx's work on the site? That's what I would expect from a 'slightly rusty' building.

The plans seem to reflect this anyway. A building that has not been there for 18 years, yet a building that has not just been built. It's meant to be in the middle - and look like it's been there for a while.

ReZourceman
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 am

I think the rust is there to show that the iron has been oxidised.

nemesismad

Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

" a darkened maze of tunnels awaits those brave enough to enter nemesis sub-terra"

This is taken from todays copy of the sun newspape :Dr, it certainly sounds very intresting

OvenChips
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

Very interesting, maybe some kind of horror maze before entering the ride. Not long now till the opening :D

nemesismad

Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 am

Iam preying its not a horror maze

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am

There won't be much room for that sort of thing, it will just be an elaborate way of describing the ride within.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I assume that is the impression the queue line and theming will suggest to make the experience seem to be on a much grander scale...
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

siralgenon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:54 pm

nemesismad wrote:
" a darkened maze of tunnels awaits those brave enough to enter nemesis sub-terra"

This is taken from todays copy of the sun newspape :Dr, it certainly sounds very intresting

Although i'd like to think there is more to the attraction than we already know, the building is so small I can't see anything else fitting in, so if there is a 'darkened maze of tunnels' I presume they will just be optical illusions.

An idea iv'e just had however, the attraction does seem to have quite a long 'exit path' could the story be that something goes wrong coming back up in the elevators so you have to exit before reaching ground level and the exit looks like a cave and then you exit to the outside? Just a thought  :D

pluk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm

I think it is amazing and outstanding that we do not know what this is all about so close to opening. Plowing through detailed plans is fun, but this is better.
Total Unique Ridecount