UK theme parks from another point of view!

AdamPanic
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Coaster Corner's Future

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Coaster Corner is really close to Alton Village. Noise was one the reasons it closed.

Is the Snake & Ladders game board still there?

pluk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 pm

I've wondered where that snakes and ladders board was for ages! Remember the game on the tv and saw it once on an early visit to towers, for some reason in my head it was near either the lake, flume or some body of water or another. Obviously I was wrong, would love to see any pics of from back then or now if it's still about. Although as I think it was just some scaffolding I highly doubt it has lasted.

To try and stay a little bit on topic, that area has got to be a dark ride really if noise is a problem. But isn't it quite heavily wooded making a big building out of the question? So it's kind of useless ground and will probably remain largely undeveloped.
Total Unique Ridecount

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:10 pm

im not all clued up on the size of the area, but even if they just built on the ground that the old coasters were, it should be sizeable for a warehouse for a dark ride?

Air Guy 138
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Mad idea, but if not a proper attraction for Coaster Corner, then why not just a Hedge Maze, like Alice's Curious Labyrinth at DLP? It would be great for the area; quiet (concerning the noise restriction), themed to CCL and unique. Would there be enough space for this?
[b]Alton Towers Top 31. Air 2. Oblivion 3. Nemesis

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 pm

"Air Guy 138" wrote:
Mad idea, but if not a proper attraction for Coaster Corner, then why not just a Hedge Maze, like Alice's Curious Labyrinth at DLP? It would be great for the area; quiet (concerning the noise restriction), themed to CCL and unique. Would there be enough space for this?

I've always thought a highly themed maze attraction would be good for Alton Towers, but I had always imagined it being located where Spinball is themed around Storybook Land.

But one in CC would be great, with the Tower being the middle. Personally I don't think it would make best use of the space though.

:)

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm

well its highlight on the developement plan so they must have some idea for that site. Its actually a big area.

I would say 5-6 years we will see something there. The next few developements will take place in:-
1)Flume site
2) Air Car park
3) BH tent
4) Coaster Corner
5) Valley

Not sure in which order, it just seems the only places where they can build big rides.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:43 am

I think we may see some of that area used for the new Ice Age 4D experience next year but that's just me taking a wild guess.

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 pm

is the space big enough to fit an enhanced motion based vehicle type attraction there similar to disney's indiana jones ride???

it sure its something of a big investment, but the park really needs to start looking at developing new types of attractions and not just rollercoasters and "flat rides"

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:03 pm

"JB1985" wrote:
well its highlight on the developement plan so they must have some idea for that site. Its actually a big area.

I would say 5-6 years we will see something there. The next few developements will take place in:-
1)Flume site
2) Air Car park
3) BH tent
4) Coaster Corner
5) Valley

Not sure in which order, it just seems the only places where they can build big rides.

What do you mean by 'Valley', Forbidden? Churnet?
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

JB1985
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Churnet

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:53 pm

It's just ridiculous this land isn't used for much other than a junkyard...

AdamPanic
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 am

What if the Old MacDonald's Farmyard was move into Coaster Corner?

Get some stables in with War-Horses.

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:22 am

That would be more hassle than it'd be worth really. Incorporating some, if not all of Coaster Corner into Cloud Cukoo Land would be much more simple and cost effective, as well as being a whole lot quicker too. :)

TowersJake
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Moving the whole of Old Macdonalds farmyard would be a NO GO ! , i think it sits where it is really nice, it would be good if its extended and get rid of Dungheap (hate it)
I dont think Old Macdonalds farmyard should be extended right into Adventure Land, it means Storybook land going (Squirrel Nutty and the famous book worm) What if Storybook Land is extended into Adventure Land then move sonic to another location (gosh i love the magic original theme of Storybook Land)

ATJakee Youtube Channel !

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:57 pm

I think extending Storybook Land would be a great move too. It's one of the best themed parts of the park and the theme can be developed much further. :)

Oh, and as for Sonic Spinball, they could either move it or sell it and replace it with a well themed kiddie coaster (i.e. Mack YoungSTAR or Vekoma Junior)?

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 pm

"BigAl" wrote:
Oh, and as for Sonic Spinball, they could either move it or sell it and replace it with a well themed kiddie coaster (i.e. Mack YoungSTAR or Vekoma Junior)?

Not gonna happen.

The ride and associated IP are very popular with the general public.

:)

BigAl
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:41 pm

I know that, that's just my ideal situation. :)

I think they could expand Storybook Land though. The ice show tent is valuable space that's wasted in my opinion and if they aren't going to bring back any form of entertainment in there then they could take it down and make better use of the space. Even if it is just for a small, quiet kiddie ride so as not to disturb the locals.

Stelios7
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 am

Although I wouldn't want the farmyard to move, it would be a quiet little area, but making the tower work would be interesting.

A Sir Algenon small knights themed area with the tower as his tower could be cool. But it could seem a bit too similar to Merrie England, but that's the past now.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.

deeve
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 am

I would imagine that this area can only be used when the Ropers die. A Journey to Atlanis style water ride is my dream for this part of the park. Re theme or upgrade to Cloud Cuckoo would enhance the back of the park. This area has been Talbot Street,Land of Make believe and know Cloud Cuckoo and neither one of them have been that inspiring. A top notch simulator would be another good use of the area as well. Any coaster would have to be indoors despite by hatred of indoor coasters. There is a myth about indoor coasters and you see fans wanting them. The top 10 coasters in the world and there is not one indoor coaster insight. The Mummy Rides, The Dark Knight at Six Flags and Aerosmith Rocking Coaster are all rubbish.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 16, 2013 6:03 pm

There is no excuse, and I mean literally ZERO excuse for this land not to be used for future rides.  The locals complain about noise and spoiling the landscape.  Well that's easy to get around, they just build indoor rides and make sure the buildings don't go above the treetops.

When you look at parks like Universal Studios, nearly ALL of their attractions are indoor dark rides. So why can't Alton do that?