UK theme parks from another point of view!

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Alton Towers Parade

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:18 am

Why doesn't Alton have a parade?

They could bring back old mascots as well as use mascots they have now

New mascot examples: Sonic the hedgehog, Fin the shark,  The Pirates of Mutiny Bay And Squirrel Nutty and more

Old mascot examples: Henry Hound, Bunbury, The Count, Splodge.

P.S: it would be sweet if elecopter was in the parade to remind the park about the magical toyland tours.

Dormiens-Dave

Re: Alton Towers Parade

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:23 am

Rightly or wrongly Towers have tried to move away from anything too closely resembling Disney. So i doubt we will ever see a parade again.

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:12 pm

i think some live shows and walk around entertainment yes, a parade no. i dont think the park is the right place for one.

AstroDan

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Since the number of personnel within entertainments has been massively reduced in the last 15 years, I doubt Alton would have anywhere near the number of people required for 3 floats - let alone an entire parade.

The budget is simply not there compared to theme parks who do have a parade.

cybermen39
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:48 pm

A parade would be great but i don,t think it happen when the parades went out every day it took not only entertaiment staff but lots of other staff just to walk along with every float to make sure no public got hurt. It was a shame when it stopped because it brought members of staff together that they never knew. A great way of getting to know one another.

djtruefitt

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:27 pm

I could have seen the parade as a child but I dont have any memory of it, but I think if the parade was to come back now it just wouldnt be a massive crowd puller. Yes it works at places like Disney but their target audience is familys and children, but Alton have a wide variety of guests, and I think most of them wouldnt be interested in watching it.

Plus the fact it must cost a large amount of money to put on a parade. There are the costs of making the floats and costumes, then you have to pay all the actors on the floats and then the staff who guide the floats around and help control the crowd. I think Alton would rather spend the money elsewhere.

Dagan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 pm

djtruefitt wrote:
I could have seen the parade as a child but I dont have any memory of it

Clicky for retro goodness