UK theme parks from another point of view!

SIMR
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra...

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:19 pm

What a brilliant advert - absolutely love the quirky Seuss feel to it. The Sub-Terra section provides enough without giving too much away.

I also found this in the video description: 

"It takes guests into a restricted facility deep underground into a system of hidden caves. There is only one 'chicken exit' within the attraction - for people who can't cope with the rest of it."

Is this the door at the bottom of the pit? :?

RyanY
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:21 pm

lucky13 wrote:
Advert 10/10
Is their a chance at the end their could be a lift like Charlie, that would be a great effect just an idea

I wouldn't think so as charlie works because it looks cartoony while this is suppose to be more real to keep the tension in the ride experience. I would expect it to look like a lift that comes from a mine.

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:28 pm

lucky13 wrote:
Advert 10/10
Is their a chance at the end their could be a lift like Charlie, that would be a great effect just an idea

Rumour has it that it'll just be an extremely well themed lift with quite a few effects, and with a screen or two to give a little bit of backstory. From what I've heard, the Post-Show experience is supposed to be amazing! But that's all I know. ;)

oldgitBEN

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm

impressive stuff, I love the nice street scene to start with (also bubble van FTW!).

Not overly keen on the eye and a very similar voice to the 13 adverts - just a little too soon to be using them again. However they dont detract away from the whole advert, which is very well done.

Now if they can prevent over-using the phrase psychological, not say it is ultimate and ban any random things/people it would be a big step in the right direction for the marketing team. Good on them for having a refresh and not becoming a cliche of themselves this time, keep it up!

mrbrightside
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:53 pm

I am loving these cryptic, clever adverts (Swarm and now this) - it makes the viewer think about the ride as opposed to just feeding them with "OMG THIS RIDE IS AMAZING" imagery which usually fails to live up to the hype...
ImageImage

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:59 pm

That is by far the best advert since Air...

Brilliant, well done Alton Towers!  :D

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 pm

I love the advert !! I love the eye the egg and everything... must admit it sounds like the same girl who did thirteen but still a great advert. And the alton towers thememusic used!! Another good thing is it doesnt mention it being any sort of ride at all.. Just your worst nightmare!
Love it
Excited !

LordSputnik
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Amazing! Starts like just a normal day in Alton Towers, then It turns into a scary as hell scene!
Can't wait till it opens!
I'm Just a dancing seal
What ya gonna do about that?

jordanc44
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

SIMR wrote:

"It takes guests into a restricted facility deep underground into a system of hidden caves. There is only one 'chicken exit' within the attraction - for people who can't cope with the rest of it."

That suggests to me a horror maze for the post show... :|

edit -
The BBFC considered carefully the feedback and unique nature of the attraction (which is neither a ride, performance nor a maze) and agreed to lend their advice.

Hmmmm... :?
Last edited by jordanc44 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012- Alton Towers - 3 | Thorpe Park - 1 | Legoland - 1 | Chessington World of Adventures - 0 |

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdWosITX830

After watching it numerous of times i only just noticed it kind of shows you a hint of a'drop ride'  so maybe the general public wont really notice that either.. So they wont have a clue really what will happen! =] Its at 24th second of the advert! haha

Jiminy Cricket
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm

OMG could alton towers be bringing the magic back?!

absolutely love this advert

do you think the beginning part could be there new image for alton towers as its the same as ice age advert?

Voke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

jordanc44 wrote:
SIMR wrote:

That suggests to me a horror maze for the post show... :|

It has been confirmed to me that there isn't ANY live actors at all in the attraction, so the post show will not be a maze. Infact, we found out months ago that it's some type of lift simulation. :)

lucky13
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

ryanyoxall wrote:
lucky13 wrote:
Advert 10/10

I wouldn't think so as charlie works because it looks cartoony while this is suppose to be more real to keep the tension in the ride experience. I would expect it to look like a lift that comes from a mine.

To be fair if they have paid a studio to use CGI with real live action it would be like the monster is chasing us.The CGI for the monsters eye is of great quality and if they can create fortage on a wider scale it would work superbly.
Thats how we roll SLIDERS

CogWork

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I love the way the advert seems to present Alton Towers as a weird, wonderful but somewhat grotesque place, almost as if its an alternate dimension! Given that many of Alton Towers areas have a dark theme presented in an often humorous and cartoony manor, I find this advert really suits the place.

Not much footage of the ride, but Im not complaining! The idea of an underground ride should be presented as mysterious and compelling, similar to Oblivion.
Last edited by CogWork on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThemeParkObsessive
TT Member
TT Member
Location: Probably on TH13TEEN, but if not, watching The Inbetweeners

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I've got a feeling something like this:

You get started and you sit in the seats, waits for everyone to get seated, the light bulb in the trailer will flash on and off, and then just go out, and then the egg will be in the middle of all four rows of seats and it will glow, and then it will go off, and then you will drop and it will show you what lies beneath.

What do you think? XD

TPO
http://www.facebook.com/UKThemeParkNews
http://www.youtube.com/ThemeParkObsessive

WARNING - I get angry if people say 'THE NEMESIS', 'THE AIR', 'THE OBLIVION', or 'THE RITA'. :@

krug
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't think it will be as simple as that, I think the drop will have significance.  If it simply dropped to show us what lies beneath, there's no point of the drop.  The drop has to be caused by a major malfunction of an attack from nemesis in my opinion.  The 'simulated lift' element sounds very intriguing to me.  It will be fantastic if there is additional wow factor after the main show. 
Btw i hate skins so will somebody be posting the advert they broadcast tonight, if its a post watershed uncut version or something?
Last edited by krug on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jb19852
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

The adverts are fantastic, very tim burton esque.......if this is the new image AT are starting to portray then I am very very pleased

ThemeParkObsessive
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

krug wrote:
I don't think it will be as simple as that, I think the drop will have significance.  If it simply dropped to show us what lies beneath, there's no point of the drop.  The drop has to be caused by a major malfunction of an attack from nemesis in my opinion.  The 'simulated lift' element sounds very intriguing to me.  It will be fantastic if there is additional wow factor after the main show.

Could be projected onto a screen and it comes closer and each time it drops on every level, and goes to the bottom and gets blasted up as something at the bottom? That'd be AWESOME! :D

TPO

WARNING - I get angry if people say 'THE NEMESIS', 'THE AIR', 'THE OBLIVION', or 'THE RITA'. :@

MikeJ
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:17 pm

This is how I see events unfolding going by what little we know and the concept art in the sun today:

We are taken down a fake lift while being told we're privileged enough to see a mysterious egg recently unearthed on the site. We're strapped in to the seats for ours and the eggs protection. Suddenly the egg hatches and it goes dark. Effects occur as if a baby Nemesis is on the loose, then suddenly we drop to the level below where there is a huge monster attacking us. The ride lifts us back up but the monster pulls us down again for a second drop. Then the phalanx somehow save the day by using smoke and lighting effects and we're raised back up to safety.

We then get off the ride and in to the lift to be returned to the surface, only for the monster to return and attack the lift using shaking and video screens and the like. Phalanx save us once more and we get out of the lifts and out to safety.

That's how I'm imagining it in my head anyways!

ThemeParkObsessive
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 pm

MikeJ wrote:
This is how I see events unfolding going by what little we know and the concept art in the sun today:

We are taken down a fake lift while being told we're privileged enough to see a mysterious egg recently unearthed on the site. We're strapped in to the seats for ours and the eggs protection. Suddenly the egg hatches and it goes dark. Effects occur as if a baby Nemesis is on the loose, then suddenly we drop to the level below where there is a huge monster attacking us. The ride lifts us back up but the monster pulls us down again for a second drop. Then the phalanx somehow save the day by using smoke and lighting effects and we're raised back up to safety.

We then get off the ride and in to the lift to be returned to the surface, only for the monster to return and attack the lift using shaking and video screens and the like. Phalanx save us once more and we get out of the lifts and out to safety.

That's how I'm imagining it in my head anyways!

Very good, what he said!

Lol, bit of Hot Fuzz there, anyway, do you reckon they'll be fog included?