UK theme parks from another point of view!

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2014-2019: Possible Developments?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 pm

I hope for 2014 or 2013 they tidy up the park a bit, I.E bit of paint on ride tracks, make sure all the electronics works etc..

Marcus
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Boz wrote:
Unlikely given that they already have a Mack powered coaster in Kantanga Canyon.
i personally think that area only needs a refurbishment, with some more kiddie rides added to the theme. the theme is perfect as it is, but never really got developed. I also think adventure land should be merged with storybook land to really develop it as an area.
That said, I'm not adverse to the idea of a retheme. I was hoping that the ice age development was going there, with squirrel nutty converted into Scrat chasing his acorn around the track. Would have been amazing IMO  :P

Haha that would be awesome.  :lol:

schmatt
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Boz wrote:
I also think adventure land should be merged with storybook land to really develop it as an area.

Already came up with this idea and posted it on the forum but it was ignored so it seams not many others think this'll be a good idea.
It can be found here if any one is interested:
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... ture/(idea)-storybook-land-revampexpansion/

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
The idea of a second park would only work if the entry price of let's say £50 included both parks. I bet 90% of visitors only go Alton Towers 1st a year and unless they open 9am to 9pm it's pointless having 2 parks. The only way it would work if u brought a 2 park pass and you had 12 months to visit the other park.

I would love them to add water fountains around the park so you could cool down on a rare warm day. I would also like them to add fans in the big queue line rides which maybe sprayed water out.

No chance 2 parks for £50 its £45 now just for alton - and to the few who say we will never see two themeparks on the site never say never - i dont no what merlin are up to and dont wanna however anything can happen
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:56 pm

DrReeve wrote:
ben.at08 wrote:
DannyNewbro wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
Well let's look at the options:

Air car park
Dark Forest
Coaster corner
Nick building
The Flume site
Dung Heap
Ice Arena
Beastie site

In one of the [email protected] videos it was said how they were working on two new attractions for 2014. Very interesting indeed.

:)

I know what these 2 attractions will be! But I won't be saying too much, don't want my friend to get into trouble. But I can say it's gonna put Towers back into your hearts and it's probably gonna be the biggest year Alton Towers have had for quite some time!

are they going to do something with the gardens?
There not allowed to some historical preservation which I think makes Alton towers different from other theme parks

there has been no planning plans put in yet and at this time i bet all hands are on SW7 we will have to watch this space.
And as for putting alton back on the map and in our hearts for some people like me that will take a lot to do.

EC!
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Re: 2014-2019: Possible Developments?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:47 pm

I don't if it's been said before but do any of you think they would put a drop tower like Detonator (in Thorpe park) in Alton Towers or does Sub Terra fit that billing also would they put something a Tidal Wave style ride as well or do yu think they wouldn't bother. :)

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Height restrictions, ie below tree line, make both impossible.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

EC!
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Re: 2014-2019: Possible Developments?

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Couldn't the ground be dug down like Neme so it can be fitted or would it still be Impossible

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 pm

A drop tower with substance, ie 100+ feet, no. The excavation to get it in would be immense. As for a tidal wave style ride, again too much excavation.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 am

The Moon wrote:
A drop tower with substance, ie 100+ feet, no. The excavation to get it in would be immense. As for a tidal wave style ride, again too much excavation.

I agree with the drop tower, it's just not practical for AT. You can't have a 50ft drop tower, whats the point?!

Tidal Wave style ride can be a possibility, but I wouldn't expect it on the same size/scale as Tidal Wave. Alton Towers have always been about theme, atmosphere. Think Splash Mountain, Journey To Atlantis. Amazing theming on both rides.

Plus we all know how AT like to be different, who's to say they won't come up with something none of us expected?!
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm

A Tidal Wave is a distinct possibility, Tatuki Splash at Port Aventura is an example of how Alton Towers could quite easily implement one below the tree line.

Very popular family ride, gets through a large number of people.

Better yet would be something like The Flying Dutchman in Efteling. Doesn't need to be too tall and they're able to tweak the size of the splash in cold weather.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:56 pm

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
I don't think they will ever build a budget hotel.

If they did, everybody would stay there and not at the other hotels.

Planning was updated last week for a 3rd hotel

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

DannyNewbro wrote:
Stelios7 wrote:
DannyNewbro wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
Well let's look at the options:

Air car park
Dark Forest
Coaster corner
Nick building
The Flume site
Dung Heap
Ice Arena
Beastie site

In one of the [email protected] videos it was said how they were working on two new attractions for 2014. Very interesting indeed.

:)

I know what these 2 attractions will be! But I won't be saying too much, don't want my friend to get into trouble. But I can say it's gonna put Towers back into your hearts and it's probably gonna be the biggest year Alton Towers have had for quite some time!

I'm sure that'll involve some sort of magic entertainment. I'd it won't be Alton's biggest year unless there is two coasters in CC. I couldn't really see that happening unless it is it's own area away from CCL to solve the clashing CCL themes. As by 2014, I'm sure Ice Age will still have another year in it.

I'm thinking that in this time period that The Flume will be replaced by a greater water ride if Merlin really want to buff up Alton's world class status. A world class water ride is what Alton is severly lacking, so I think that is a obvious route to go down. I'm going for around 2015 as a medium investment. When the Mutiny Bay theme needs something new.

Nothing to do with CCL nor coasters ;-) I love teasing! An area is being re-themed is number 1, not gonna say number 2. I'm not saying too much lol  ;)

really funny this i was in dout that they would go back to the parks roots and bring back the magic but and no names here a staff member who was suited and booted said on sunday stopped me and said give me your name phone number and email and you get a free ticket for anytime to come back in 2012 or 2013 - he was outside the cable car towers street end - i asked why he was doing this and he said i need to take this info and ask 3 questions i said ok - he showed his pass etc and said three key things to me that will come into effect in 2014 - thing one was and i was quite shocked - Did i perf merlin OR tussauds way of running the park - my answer was of course tussauds - then he asked why - (note he is typing on a i pad here) my reply was easy the magic has gone and merlin keep making daft choices like cutbacks and putting people off and its all shops and food now. The next question really got me going and i spent 10mins taking to this guy - If merlin run the park and built the park like tussauds did and go back to the roots would i visit more - i said i did not follow - he said well if the magic came back in 2014 and we bought back the good old days - my reply was yes i would visit more. and the last thing he asked was in 2014 if i could bring two things back from the tussauds days what would they be - (again he is typing) i said the daily Parade at 1pm and reuse the ice tent for a big park show. he gave me a bit of paper and sent me to the box office and i got my free ticket open till end of 2013. Really makes me think just with a few things he said the park and merlin no they have gone wrong (his words) and the want to bring back the magic asap (again his words) when i said to him i miss them old days he asked if i like the park as it is - i said yes its the best its like our disney and im so pleased the fireworks are back but the magic is not here anymore - His reply was it will be from 2014 onwards we are going back to the roots and are doing it right this time.
He also confirmed a new entrance will be added by the golf but you can still get the monorail to towers street as that will still be here. And when i look back at the posts above i was like never there is no way it will go back to the roots however it looks like its going to and i for one can not wait.

SO has the magic gone for me yes it sure has but merlin prove to me you can do it and im moving in try and stop me please dont let us die hard alton fans down give us the magic back once again.
Last edited by stu1980 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Did i perf merlin OR tussauds way of running the park - my answer was of course tussauds - then he asked why - (note he is typing on a i pad here) my reply was easy the magic has gone and merlin keep making daft choices like cutbacks and putting people off and its all shops and food now. The next question really got me going and i spent 10mins taking to this guy - If merlin run the park and built the park like tussauds did and go back to the roots would i visit more - i said i did not follow - he said well if the magic came back in 2014 and we bought back the good old days - my reply was yes i would visit more. and the last thing he asked was in 2014 if i could bring two things back from the tussauds days what would they be - (again he is typing) i said the daily Parade at 1pm and reuse the ice tent for a big park show. he gave me a bit of paper and sent me to the box office and i got my free ticket open till end of 2013. Really makes me think just with a few things he said the park and merlin no they have gone wrong (his words) and the want to bring back the magic asap (again his words) when i said to him i miss them old days he asked if i like the park as it is - i said yes its the best its like our disney and im so pleased the fireworks are back but the magic is not here anymore - His reply was it will be from 2014 onwards we are going back to the roots and are doing it right this time.
He also confirmed a new entrance will be added by the golf but you can still get the monorail to towers street as that will still be here. And when i look back at the posts above i was like never there is no way it will go back to the roots however it looks like its going to and i for one can not wait.

SO has the magic gone for me yes it sure has but merlin prove to me you can do it and im moving in try and stop me please dont let us die hard alton fans down give us the magic back once again.

This is quite interesting as in one of my older posts about bringing back the ice show, there was a post that Towers had asked one of the members on here for copies of his videos of the ice show recordings, and they told him they wanted to use them as reference as they were thinking of a return for the ice show in 2012/13, but they had no copies of any of the old ice shows. To me is does sound as though we many see a return of entertainments on park FINALLY arriving...
ill try to find the topic.
My Old Topic: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... tition/15/
Cyberman39 posted:
"I recently had to send in old footage of all the old ice shows as alton don,t have copys of them.They said it was for inspiration to hopefully bring the ice show back for next christmas."
Last edited by roary01 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

roary01 wrote:
Did i perf merlin OR tussauds way of running the park - my answer was of course tussauds - then he asked why - (note he is typing on a i pad here) my reply was easy the magic has gone and merlin keep making daft choices like cutbacks and putting people off and its all shops and food now. The next question really got me going and i spent 10mins taking to this guy - If merlin run the park and built the park like tussauds did and go back to the roots would i visit more - i said i did not follow - he said well if the magic came back in 2014 and we bought back the good old days - my reply was yes i would visit more. and the last thing he asked was in 2014 if i could bring two things back from the tussauds days what would they be - (again he is typing) i said the daily Parade at 1pm and reuse the ice tent for a big park show. he gave me a bit of paper and sent me to the box office and i got my free ticket open till end of 2013. Really makes me think just with a few things he said the park and merlin no they have gone wrong (his words) and the want to bring back the magic asap (again his words) when i said to him i miss them old days he asked if i like the park as it is - i said yes its the best its like our disney and im so pleased the fireworks are back but the magic is not here anymore - His reply was it will be from 2014 onwards we are going back to the roots and are doing it right this time.

This is quite interesting as in one of my older posts about bringing back the ice show, there was a post that Towers had asked one of the members on here for copies of his videos of the ice show recordings, and they told him they wanted to use them as reference as they were thinking of a return for the ice show in 2012/13, but they had no copies of any of the old ice shows. To me is does sound as though we many see a return of entertainments on park FINALLY arriving...
ill try to find the topic.
My Old Topic: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... tition/15/
Cyberman39 posted:
"I recently had to send in old footage of all the old ice shows as alton don,t have copys of them.They said it was for inspiration to hopefully bring the ice show back for next christmas."

Im saying there was one guy and a lady but they was suited and booted and they are for one sure the good old days are back in 2014 and that was as i got set to leave the park. It was really off putting at first because they was just standing there shouting free park tickets till 2013 - and me being me walked over and asked what was going on and sure to be it they was staff. i,ll keep a eye out again as im back on the 13th Oct but they seem sure die hard fans will love the park from 2014 onwards and we are going back to the good old days. :O

LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Going back to the 10 year development plan.

Forbidden Valley:
The area highlighted where a possible coaster site is highlighted is where Air currently stands and beyond into "Air Car park" aka Car park G. For me, there are two lines of thought for me.
A ) An extension of Air (unlikely)
B ) Removal of Air for a longer, more intense coaster

This possible development site would encase a new "Entertainment" area. Dedicated concert arena? On the plan, it is roughly the same size as the lawn area in front of the towers/TFR

The new entrance would be along side Nemesis area both Nemesis and Sub Terra. For me, this is still the strongest USP. It is extremely well themed and if the park would be as well themed as this area, I could understand the hike in prices year upon year.

Dark Forest:
The proposed coaster area is now Thirteen. I think we can rule out this area for any further coaster development.

Towers/CCL:
Again, new possible coaster area in the old Coaster Corner; a substantial coaster at that. Has this moved to SW7 site? I will explain this shortly. The area which this is in coincides with substantial footers due to possible ground disturbance and vibrations to the house structure of the towers plus the flag tower. English Heritage would have a field day if installation of a coaster which started to decay the towers even more if ground disturbance had a detrimental effect of the structure of the buildings. However, could more flat rides be coming? Relocation of Sonic?

X-Sector:
I said I would return to this point. If the possible location of a new coaster was initially planned for the old Coaster Corner had been turned down for a substantial new coaster, could the area now be where SW7 is? On the plan, no coaster possibilities have been earmarked for BH Tent area/X-Sector. We know that SW7 is a substantial coaster for the park on the length and scale of the project. We have to remember that plans are not fixed in stone until it happens.

Possible Retheming areas:

Towers street.
If and when the new entrance happens in the FV area, this area will need to be 'redesigned' to incorporate the new entrance; local paths widened, information kiosks for new visitors, service areas changed etc what and how would Towers street differ and try and get its own USP? Could it be turned into a 'Public transport' entrance? This includes drop off visitors and public transport entrance. But it wouldn't end there I don't think. I think it would mean a new staff area (infrastructure). Could it be that two new areas could appear to bring people to this area? The merging of Adventure Land (which I personally feel is now an outdated name) with Old Mac Donald's farm and a whole new theme of Towers Street.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 pm

just thought I would put a quick idea forward.
Red - New Entrance
Green - Shops, restraunts etc..
Yellow- some possible indoor rollercoaster
Pink- New flat?
Blue- used as an entrance for people who are in the hotel and the area could be closed off from the rest of the park at night time so there is something to do for people who are staying in the hotel or newly planned cabins.
Black- use the monorail as transport for people from this area to towers street

I did this really quick so would like peoples suggestions or what they think could possibly happen to the area :D

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:45 pm

They need to open up some sort of late night entertainment area as a top priority in my opinion. If in 2015 Thorpe have their real bricks and concrete hotel up and running, I don't see what advantage AT will hold as a "resort" to those looking for an all around short break experience. There's only so much you can use AT's scenic woodland setting as a leverage point with the two parks when they both become resorts.

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 am

Jammydodger wrote:
They need to open up some sort of late night entertainment area as a top priority in my opinion. If in 2015 Thorpe have their real bricks and concrete hotel up and running, I don't see what advantage AT will hold as a "resort" to those looking for an all around short break experience. There's only so much you can use AT's scenic woodland setting as a leverage point with the two parks when they both become resorts.

Its in the plans alton want a few shops and bars and places to eat away from the thempark sorta like disney do
http://www.altontowersheritage.com/public/attachments/Boards%207%20and%209%20final.pdf

Tom.B

Re: The years following SW7

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:20 am

2016: Completion and Opening of the new coaster, hopefully a unique or world-first thrill!!!
[/quote]
Looking at the gap between SW6 and SW7 (3 years) and the gap between SW5 and SW6 (8 years) I doubt that we'll have another WFRC (SW8) within 3 years of SW7!