UK theme parks from another point of view!

SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2014-2019: Possible Developments?

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:01 pm

roary01 wrote:
Going back to 2014 developments and more about a family area, a lot of parks nowadays have turned to IP's especially for family areas and they have worked extremely well if pulled off correctley. Examples include..
Nickelodeon Land - BPB
Wallace & Gromit Dark Ride - BPB
Ben 10 - Drayton Manor
Thomas Land - Drayton Manor

The problem we seem to have now is although i see this been the right direction for AT for a family area, what IP (especially British/well known) could they possibly choose that would work in todays market.

Now this got me thinking, now it may not work for a kids area, however if it was more FAMILY focussed how about a SEGA/NINTENDO Land?? Lately Sega/Nintendo have brought there most popular characters together in games, so would it be an opportunity for AT to try an incorporate a land Involving Sonic & Mario?? i could see this work really well, and so many younger kids love Sonic and they already have worked with Sega in the past...

thoughts??

As a whovian, I would say you could have a variety of rides based around doctor who, but that's my dreams talking  :x
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

I could see marioland working well. They could use sonic spinball as them spinning turtle shells  :D

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 pm

I'd like to see adventure land be re teamed to a ice world something which will be so well teamed you won't feel like your at AT a bit like the dark forest just 3x better

I'd also like AT to invest in more land to make a "music icon" teamed land which will have a permanent enclosed arena thing at the back for the annual music concerts and there would be large columns made up of blocks at different angles which light up in Separate colours. The latest music could be playing through the land and all the columns could flash to the beat of the song playing at the exact same time. It would also include 2 coasters
1-spin the base-sonic spinball moved and re themed
2-SW9-light scream-worlds first "loop holder-holds riders at top of loop and rocks them back and forth until letting them carry on with the rest of the 3minute ride"

Just my thoughts  :D

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Benji wrote:
I could see marioland working well. They could use sonic spinball as them spinning turtle shells  :D

That's brilliant! :shock:

The 'cartoony' theme is very easy to pull off, and would suit the area and it's existing structures well.

A modern, top quality kiddie coaster on the Beastie site (Gerstlauer double investment?), possibly extending over the existing area... some generic Mario theming (toadstools/characters etc.), and the said Spinball retheme. It's not like the shell shape hasn't been attempted by Maurer Sohne berfore!

Photoshop of that pic anyone? ;)

aboveandbeyond
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 pm

I'd like to see someone attempt a ride based upon phantom of the opera. Enduring music , it lends itself to a dark ride, their are lighter moments and potential for more intense scenes . It's an IP as such and there would be potential for shops , entertainment. It could be on a French themed area, lots of potential

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 pm

thillmad wrote:
I'd like to see adventure land be re teamed to a ice world something which will be so well teamed you won't feel like your at AT a bit like the dark forest just 3x better

I'd also like AT to invest in more land to make a "music icon" teamed land which will have a permanent enclosed arena thing at the back for the annual music concerts and there would be large columns made up of blocks at different angles which light up in Separate colours. The latest music could be playing through the land and all the columns could flash to the beat of the song playing at the exact same time. It would also include 2 coasters
2-SW9-light scream-worlds first "loop holder-holds riders at top of loop and rocks them back and forth until letting them carry on with the rest of the 3minute ride"

Also 2014 fright nights could introduce a new type of horror maze where victims could take a walk into:
TH13TEEN-THE NIGHT SHIFT-you will be lead by the remaining work men from the first un earthing of the crypt but not all is what it seems as one of the workmen were supposed to have died in the year of 2010... Do you want to venture into the forest in the NIGHT SHIFT?

Or even a partenership from paranormal activity in THE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY EXPERIENCE were special effects scare you to death...

I would also like TH13TEEN to have a large amount of theming added to it like trees over hanging the track to create a near miss and maybe in the forest itself i would find it good if they added some moving trees or on Rita add some near misses like on the air time hills 
Last edited by Owen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Instead of just having red turtles, theme it to different ones like blue&green.
Also have a 'Peach's Palace' and build a real life version of her castle

Guessing the area would look cool with these dotted around it..

Image Image

Think we are on to something here sam! :P

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 pm

thillmad wrote:
thillmad wrote:
thillmad wrote:

Also 2014 fright nights could introduce a new type of horror maze where victims could take a walk into:
TH13TEEN-THE NIGHT SHIFT-you will be lead by the remaining work men from the first un earthing of the crypt but not all is what it seems as one of the workmen were supposed to have died in the year of 2010... Do you want to venture into the forest in the NIGHT SHIFT?

Or even a portion from paranormal activity in THE PARANORMAL ACTIVITY EXPERIENCE were special effects scare you to death...

I would also like TH13TEEN to have a large amount of theming added to it like trees over hanging the track to create a near miss and maybe in the forest itself i would find it good if they added some moving trees or on Rita add some near misses like on the air time hills

What do you think?

I would love that scaremaze, one problem is where would they put it? Im guessing they could find space in the towers or something but Dark Forest is quite crowded. Actually, it could use the same route that Zombie ScareZone used last year!

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Mario (kart) World
After mentioning about the idea of a Game/Nintendo park based around Mario/Sonic, i've decided to make a quick Park Area based around Mario/Mario Kart.
Iv'e only had a limited amount of Mario Theming but it gives you an idea of how well a mario area could work...
the area includes...
- Mario Kart themed Go-Karts
- Super Mario Rollercoaster
- Yoshi Twist flat ride...
I know some of you may not agree with the ride choices, however this would be more aimed around families, and they could have a large amount of cars on track, fo go-Karts.
Area Overview..
Entrance
inside entrance
Plaza with Yoshi Twister, Mario Kart entance in background
Super mario Coaster
Bowser Castle
Mario Kart with Chocolate Mountain theming

I do believe it could make for a good refurb of Adventure Land and breathe new life into one of the forgotten areas of the park....

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:11 am

For adventure land they should theme it to a fairy odd parents land because one its a well known kids show and 2 it stays in the theme of MAGIC which alton towers love too keep to

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am

As I'm aware there is already a fairy odd parents ride at Blackpool pleasure beach but that's not to stop alton from getting the IP.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:05 am

Benji wrote:
As I'm aware there is already a fairy odd parents ride at Blackpool pleasure beach but that's not to stop alton from getting the IP.

Yes I agree but a whole area themed to that

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:19 am

thillmad wrote:
For adventure land they should theme it to a fairy odd parents land because one its a well known kids show and 2 it stays in the theme of MAGIC which alton towers love too keep to

I do agree it would make for a good area, but is it really that well known anymore i remember watching it when was younger, but haven't seen it on tv for ages. Feel for an single IP to theme a whole area it has to be quite universally known, especially with variety of guests that visit AT. So things like Mario Kart/Ice Age are a lot more well known...

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:08 pm

roary01 wrote:
thillmad wrote:

I do agree it would make for a good area, but is it really that well known anymore i remember watching it when was younger, but haven't seen it on tv for ages. Feel for an single IP to theme a whole area it has to be quite universally known, especially with variety of guests that visit AT. So things like Mario Kart/Ice Age are a lot more well known...

It is on constantly on nickelodeon and it doesn't have to be that just something magical

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

I think the forbidden valley should be spilt into two half's but still be classed as one area for example
Nemesis end have a sign saying "you are now entering the forbidden valley-a phanx facility" and air end there should be a sign saying "welcome to the forbidden oasis"  so people really understand why 4 harsh thrill rides (blade,ripsaw,nemesis,nemesis sub-terra) are in the same area as a gentle thrill (air) so this means that it can remain the forbidden valley while having its own NOTICEABLE mini areas within so the story of the area is really easily understood.

submission2001
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 pm

In the few year time are duel going to be remove and are there going to be new ride and new horror maze in few year time :?
CALLUM

submission2001
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

I got a idea how about there going to be Pokemon rollercoaster in 2014
CALLUM

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

submission2001 wrote:
I got a idea how about there going to be Pokemon rollercoaster in 2014

Na as much as I like Pokemon I don't feel it would appeal to a big enough market  ;)

What do you think?

Liam-AltonTowers
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Alton Towers doesn't suit major rides been themed around films, television shows and books. There original and come up with there own ideas such as the storyline of Nemesis and all that and that's what makes Alton Towers unique in the way that they put so much effort and detail into the theme/storyline of there rides.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 pm

thillmad wrote:

What  great idea!  :D