UK theme parks from another point of view!

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Blade to Mutiny Bay, but what to replace it?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:06 am

I, like many others believe The Blade should move to Mutiny Bay.

The theming would fit in perfectly and if suspended over the water with some jets, it could bring the old ride back to life. Mutiny Bay is in need of a mild thrill like the Blade as I'm sure kids would love it.

But with the Blade in MB, what would replace it in Forbidden Valley?

Suggestions?

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Blade to Mutiny Bay, but what to replace it?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 am

its been suggested quite a few times now, and I think yes that is a good idea. It just has more order.

At first I thought the next ride in Forbidden Valley could continue the Nemesis story but then I thought that creatively that's quite rigid and not very free like themepark themes are. Of course it should have FV type colours and stuff but I dunno about the Nemesis Daddy coming to defend its family or something :)
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.

Queenmaya99
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 am

If they did it right, it would be amazing, like you said, suspended over the water, jets, theming  etc, but if done wrong, it would look really bad. There's nothing wrong with it in FV in my opinion (Except from the queue-line, that's more or less impossible to find!) It strangely fits in nicely.
______  ___                     
___   |/  /_____ _____  _______ _
__  /|_/ /_  __ `/_  / / /  __ `/
_  /  / / / /_/ /_  /_/ // /_/ /
/_/  /_/  \__,_/ _\__, / \__,_/ 
                 /____/

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:52 am

I like the idea of continuing the Nemesis story however if it were to represent the Nemesis daddy it would have to be something huge! And with the size of the area that The Blade currently sits in, that's not likely to happen :cry:

But is there any Flat you think would fit nicely size and theme wise into FV?

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:46 am

where blade is, its quite a long bit of land. I think thats the old thunderlooper site? You could fit a few Ripsaws on there. Then again if you put a big flat ride on there you compromise a nice bit of greenery.

Lol I guess the Nemi-Daddy should be bigger. I dont know all the different flat rides cause I'm more interested in original concepts but what about a Nemesis space craft such as one that bought the awful creature here in the first place? The Nemi-chunezzer. It could be horrid and covered in tenticles. People "are tricked" into boarding then it throws them around but it has illusions and effects aswell.

I feel like I'm falling short of the mark but maybe that will help people think of something better!

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Future of the Blade

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Topics merged
Another reminder guys and gals, can we please remember to check for older topics before creating new ones. Thanks

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Blade i dont ride much now but as a kid its one of the only rides in that area that i could ride and basically i loved it. Its a great family ride to give the biggest thrill sector at the park more publicity for familys
Image credit to Lewis97

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:02 pm

To reply to the locked thread!

I feel like blade is the rocking chair of the park - its very pleasurable and no other ride offers as many smooth & gentle butterflies as Blade. :D

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 pm

It's a classic ride, however as mentioned in future plans it's very likely it will leave Forbidden Valley along with Ripsaw.

Dependent on on how well Merlin want to look after Mutiny Bay I still think it would have a place waiting for it in that area. A retheme would cost peanuts, it would be ideal to market as a new ride (maybe in the years between SW7 and SW8) and it would give the ride a well deserved new lease of life, while getting another 6-8 years in the park?
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

KJ91
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

The future plans say it is coming to the end of its planned life in the park and will be removed. I bet 100 dabloons that it will not go to mutiny bay as there is physically no space for it go in there. The only reason it works in forbidden valley is because it is set into the old thunder looper ditch. Mutiny bay is purely a family themed area for young children.

so to round up, The Blade will either be sold to a different park or it will be scrapped and made into washing machines.

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:35 pm

I wouldn't be so sure, I think AT are missing a golden opportunity to spruce up an old ride in a new area and remarket the hell out of it.

It's a very cheap alternative to a new ride, it will save a lot of money and let's be honest, space can be found in Mutiny Bay. Part of the lawn in front of the towers, the lake next to Battle Galleons, area where the remote controlled boats is placed. This is just from memory, I'm pretty sure other areas could be used.

Yes Mutiny Bay is a family area, so why not add a swinging boat ride? Doesn't get more thrilling for families than that.
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

samham
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:01 pm

danwhit709 wrote:

An Intamin ZacSpin could fit in there very well I think. I have heard they are great rides too!

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:19 pm

samham wrote:
danwhit709 wrote:

An Intamin ZacSpin could fit in there very well I think. I have heard they are great rides too!

In principle that's a very good idea! It would be nice to see a new layout/arrangement from Intamin, one that utilises length as opposed to height... as would be necessary in that location, even with the pit to sit in.

Here's an image of the smallest installation I could think of (the AT one would be much more interesting :P ):

...And here's what they can do (albeit on a much larger scale):

Liam-AltonTowers
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:07 pm

I don't think a ZacSpin would suit Alton Towers.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

KJ91 wrote:
The future plans say it is coming to the end of its planned life in the park and will be removed. I bet 100 dabloons that it will not go to mutiny bay as there is physically no space for it go in there. The only reason it works in forbidden valley is because it is set into the old thunder looper ditch. Mutiny bay is purely a family themed area for young children.

so to round up, The Blade will either be sold to a different park or it will be scrapped and made into washing machines.

I would love to buy  a blade washing machine. And plus with the parks height limit it would not work in mutiny bay without a large pit constructed
Image credit to Lewis97

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

That's kind of true about the pit of The Blade! I hadn't even thought about that.
It's very nice to look at/be in that grassy channel.

KJ91
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am

Every one complains about walking down to the towers and seeing a giant tacky pinball machine ride plonked in a very scenic area of the park. A giant pirate ship plonked into that as well would look horrible. I honestly think there is no future for the blade. That ride is on its final countdown to demolition.

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:30 pm

If it still works, it won't be going anywhere.

Several massive reasons as to why, the most realistic are...

The pit it lies in is a tricky bugger, it's really not much use for anything else and would take a hell of a lot to fill or level out for something new to fit in.

That area isn't a. Kid friendly zone other than this ride. Lets say your typical family of four are walking round mum dad 15 yr old Tommy and 8 yr Lucy, whatever, they won't want to split, I've seen I loads of times. The Blade is the best filer ride for kids of young ages to go n so the family don't have to split up whilst older kids and parents are queuing for Air, Nemesis or Ripsaw.

:yohoho: :yohoho:
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

KJ91
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:55 pm

It has all ready been outlined in the long term plan that the blade, ripsaw and te flume are all coming to the end of there life cycles and will be replaced. So it is now only a year or two before it is removed and probably sold to a park abroad. It's been there for many a century now so it is time to see a new predecessor

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Nearly every park I have been to has a swing boat ride, who knows we may be getting a brand new replacement as the Blade is like 30 years old and doesn't really give much of a thrilling ride compared to Chessington's boat.

KJ91 wrote:
A giant pirate ship plonked into that as well would look horrible. I honestly think there is no future for the blade. That ride is on its final countdown to demolition.

If they situated it into the water, a boat in the water would look ok IMO, there may even be space in Katanga Canyon for it.
If you go down to the woods today