UK theme parks from another point of view!

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:12 pm

"Altonator" wrote:
Below is a pic of the festival park aka ug land - area of the 1988 park map (used this map because it's clearer to see than newer ones). Now a couple of years ago (during the woodie plan days) coasterforce did a video and some how managed to get out of the park and in again. somewhere along where I've drawn the red line on the map because it was the other side of the trees and on the video you could see/hear corkscrew.
Now I'm not saying to enter the park/RITA Site because thats not allowed but could someone with a camera or better a video camera try and get to this area?
With there being no leaves on the trees I think this is the best place to get pics/videos during the closed season if anyone could find there way down there?
http://tinypic.com/l9rgl
What do think?

I can pick out EXACTLY where you mean. That path starts at this point:

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/construction/rita/ritarl/20094.jpg

And it leads all the way around to the older ug-land entrance accesible from the gardens. That path is fenced off there, but it is accesible from the gardens at numerous points. If you can get on that path then your sorted!

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:24 pm

"Philman" wrote:
Im sure they have a gate there! wouldnt they??? :?
Yes, there is a gate in the Corner Gatehouse opposite Alton Railway Station.

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:46 pm

I know this is off topic too, but don't you think its time this topic was started again, 56 pages long, and full of crap, most of it isn't worth reading!!

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:04 pm

God people have got a lot on there cheasts that they wish to let people no. Like spinballwhizzer said i think we need to start this topic yet again as its to hard to find any info from past post now.

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:06 pm

Sorry spinwhizzer not spinballwhizzer ^^^^^^^^

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:18 pm

Finaly ive just rembered what i was going to ask. Seeing as Rita is taking up more room and UG-LAND has been made a bit bigger dose that mean Alton Towers will be alowd more people in the park as there is now a bit more space :?: :?:

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:22 pm

What do you mean??? Since when did they have a limit, and how is a small extra bit of space gonna help??

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:38 pm

Well every park has a limit to how many people they can have depending on the amout of space they have so i though if UG-LAND had been made bigger maybe the amount of people would go up abit.

spinwhizzer
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:41 pm

Well even if they did have a problem with space, 10m isn't gonna make any difference.

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:43 pm

Ow ok i wasent shure on how much bigger UG-LAND had been made all i had herd was something about it being made larger. :oops:

Crofty

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:55 pm

It was said that this was a storage shed for UG "big cat." For the fire engine and things like that.

Tis a lovely shed. Johnny Vaughn would be proud

:D :D

Anonymous

Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:07 pm

Its a shame that due to the local residents that rit coulnt be taller. A top hat would have been nice in the ride. But still they've done well all the same. 8) 8) 8)

Williscroft

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:21 pm

Tombola, Theres been a few new topics about Rita since this one stopped so you can post in there if you like but all i will say is that if Rita had a tophat,yes it would be cool and very fun but then it would be like any other launch coaster thats being built now. What Alton Towers have is great as its different which is what i love about it. Stick a tophat on it and it becomes just another launched coaster realy.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:20 pm

Ahhh... It's nice to look back and see how WRONG everyone was about Rita being called Rita! :P :P

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:21 am

dont know if there already is an onride video, but i found one! (havent read the last couple of pages)

http://www.lifthill.de/html/rita.html

scroll down and at the bottom of the page there is a link to the video!
Image <---->Image

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:39 am

Only open for two days and already some crazy German has smuggled on a video camera !. It is a good quality video though.
Last edited by Rita 2005 on Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diddi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:47 am

by the way, the song in this movie is the song that they use in the station at top thrill dragster. ;)
Image <---->Image

Anonymous

Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:19 am

Well do me in bogner! An onride vid of rita ALREADY! oh and im sure i saw them waiting to go on rita on saturday. Dean can back me up if he remebers along with Ade Cooper.

Anonymous

Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:21 pm

Just recived a report from stoky whos gone today..... something that will please bigdave :wink:

Thoes 20 drag queens that were going to promote Rita... THEY THERE NOW!!!!!!!! lucky so and so! Apparently they are funny as hell and have been chatting stoky up :wink: (joke)

bond231
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:52 pm

cool video. opps i better rush! i am late for my big drag queen number.