UK theme parks from another point of view!

Geoffa
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:07 pm

I can't see a ride like the one in Dan's NL mock-up costing £7m. Storm Runner and Xcelerator cost about the same, and they do a little more than a few helixes.

It's not as if there's a lot of excavation involved, judging by what we've seen so far.

selb
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:10 pm

"Ade""][quote=""JamesBailey" wrote:
im pretty certain that theres a loop and 1, maybe 2 inlines! :wink:

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/history/co ... /24105.jpg

Well that Square foundation thingy is for something :?

Me not been an expert at such things then I guess it could be for anything but it's strange it's right in the path of the footers for the launch...[/quote]

Unless its a building proposed that the train will run through i would have thought a loop of some type of inversion or new element maybe. Certainly not just foundations for the track

Satch

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:15 pm

if it based around 80s style etc, maybe its a new cafe to be built, and the track happens to go through the cafe? not likely, but it would be good to see

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:20 pm

well im confuddled, by looking at the "plain jane" layout and the no limits re-make,
if that simple figure of 8 is costing 7 million, then im expecting high quality theming!
or else there has to be a least one inversion...if it has neither of these, then its nothing more than a glammed up runaway mine train...which would be kinda..pointless

Im liking this cadillac, diner theme tho, but isnt that more 1950's (like grease)

darrenhosker
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:52 pm

I would say that the square concrete base is for the Station, why does everyone keep assuming that it will launch away from the Corkscrew. I recon that is the foundations for the station and it will launch towards the Corkscrew and up to a top-hat just behind the Cableway station and then back down and over the corner of the Corkscrew brake-run. This would explain the concrete foundations, the bendy footers near the brake run and the launch direction.

Have a look at my rough sketch based on Dan's original plan.

http://www.discofeveruk.com/rita.gif

Regards,

Darren Hosker
A.K.A Richard Butter[/url]

adamflack
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:23 pm

Because it was confirmed at the recent RCCGB trip to AT by Andy Hine that the ride would launch from the break run of Corkscrew across to the other side of Ug-land.

Geoffa
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:51 pm

How long before Air opened, for example, was it before we knew actual details of the ride... Cause surely all this speculating (or going round in circles) can't go on until March 2005.

Dan K
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:03 pm

"Ade" wrote:
what the hell does it have to do with an Ug Land theme!? :?

Who the hell said that Project Rita's theme would match Ug Land's theme? I've been saying for ages that they will clash a la Air/Forbidden Valley but it's evidently been falling on deaf ears. :P

Bailey
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:13 pm

darrenhosker wrote:
I would say that the square concrete base is for the Station, why does everyone keep assuming that it will launch away from the Corkscrew. I recon that is the foundations for the station and it will launch towards the Corkscrew and up to a top-hat just behind the Cableway station and then back down and over the corner of the Corkscrew brake-run. This would explain the concrete foundations, the bendy footers near the brake run and the launch direction.

Regards,

Darren Hosker

Thats exactly what i have been saying all along, from my talk with the builders they said that it wouldnt lanch towards the valley as most people said but towards the corkscrew! i dont know what to believe though as the builders prob wouldnt know much
Last edited by Bailey on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:19 pm

"darrenhosker" wrote:

Regards,

Darren Hosker

Hmmm... you are talking sense....

Who the hell said that Project Rita's theme would match Ug Land's theme? I've been saying for ages that they will clash a la Air/Forbidden Valley but it's evidently been falling on deaf ears.

Well, AT can be ready for very bad reviews regarding theming, again, if that is the case.

And what has happened to the 'once accepted' racing theme?!

Emphasis on speed of the rita? Didn't that idea come from you?

My scope on all of this:

-final name is rita.
-it will have no theming (or will be themed around ugly-land)

Uncle_Adolph
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:28 pm

"darrenhosker" wrote:

Regards,

Darren Hosker

Now that is just pure sense, i'll try a nolimits mock up of that, once i've got changed out of my school clothes.

-Ben

Anonymous

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:56 pm

Launch towards Skyride! Has anyone been taking any notice of how tight that curve is between corky and skyride or has the evidence sofar been compleatly mocked up by alton, the builders etc :? :? :?

there seems to me and others are finally clicking into place that there is a lot of deception concerning which direction will rita go first and what the track will look like etc. Im almost not shocked that people have changed minds, infact it was almost non shocking. That curve between corky and skyride doesnt even have aneougth space for a normal family sided car to turn in and people think this is where a top hat will be! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Come one people, start to look at the evidence building up. I know that some people think the coaster community stinks but really, having a go at each other over a subject which has evidence in the building shows diffrent to what is happening, now thats just embarasing :oops: :oops:

What evidence i hear you cry, try this....

First bit
Second bit
Third bit
Forth bit
Fith bit
Sixth Bit

Now can we all now see that it will not only be going towards the valley but the launch and top hat cant go next to skyride and corky. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

selb
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:10 pm

i seriously doubt it will launch toward corkscrew as all the evidence so far points away from it. Alton has no scope for a top hat, it would more than likely break tree level and so not be allowed. i think it is safe to say IT WILL launch towards the valley.

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:26 pm

ive just realised the only things we know for definite about rita are:

its launched
its intamin
it opens next year

Thats IT!

Unconfirmed Things

it may go underground
it may go through a tunnel
it might have inversions
it might not have inversions
it might be launched towards the valley
it might have a racing theme
we might have seen the final layout (thanks to dan)

Im just getting dizzy what with all this going round in circles :lol:

andysj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:36 pm

Im just getting dizzy what with all this going round in circles

Yeah your right geo, if only we could have another little bit of confirmed info on the coaster, would clear up a lot of specualtion and give us all a better idea of what to expect next season.

Uncle_Adolph
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:36 pm

Here is my version of Rita, excuse my poor NoLimits skills.....

http://www.rct2center.com/Rita-Uncle_Adolph.zip

-Ben

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:06 pm

"kylies_kitty" wrote:
Launch towards Skyride! Has anyone been taking any notice of how tight that curve is between corky and skyride or has the evidence sofar been compleatly mocked up by alton, the builders etc :? :? :?

there seems to me and others are finally clicking into place that there is a lot of deception concerning which direction will rita go first and what the track will look like etc. Im almost not shocked that people have changed minds, infact it was almost non shocking. That curve between corky and skyride doesnt even have aneougth space for a normal family sided car to turn in and people think this is where a top hat will be! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Come one people, start to look at the evidence building up. I know that some people think the coaster community stinks but really, having a go at each other over a subject which has evidence in the building shows diffrent to what is happening, now thats just embarasing :oops: :oops:

What evidence i hear you cry, try this....

First bit
Second bit
Third bit
Forth bit
Fith bit
Sixth Bit

Now can we all now see that it will not only be going towards the valley but the launch and top hat cant go next to skyride and corky. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Exploring all options. At the moment, kitty, that huge concrete area is looking more like station foundations than anything else we have seen. I think we should have seen some sort of station foundations go in by now, afterall, it's no secret that on nearly all (i know there are some exceptions) coaster installations, the station track is the first to go in. And with most of the footers already in awaiting steelwork, i wouldn't be surpirsed if that area was the station.

That corner could easily fit a helix, it's wider than it looks... Something like an immelman loop could go in that corner, and whip the train back towards the main site.

Look at it this way. If you came to AT, and were an enthusiast, and you knew NOTHING about the ride but went over the site on the sky-ride and saw the large concrete area you would say that is the station.

This is just my view. There's no point ruling out things until we know the facts kitty. I know we have very little facts, but that is what is making this topic interesting!
Last edited by Phil on Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:09 pm

Unconfirmed Things

it may go underground
it may go through a tunnel

Someone on ATA who works at AT and has been given us little bits of info confirmed that a tunnel/underground section would appear along the rides path.

duncs
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:14 pm

Video of Uncle Adolphs track uploaded to

http://www.bluehoops.co.uk/rita/

Once again - sorry for the quality of the capture

Just a couple of comments. The hight is far to big. I think we are looking at about 80ft tops. Other than that, I would certainly prefer this coaster over the first plan. But who knows.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:59 pm

http://www.coasterforce.info/download.php?id=7090

Thanks to Dan Farrel, we have an offical plan! Well, most of it. The bit where we are all specuating about is annoyingly not included.

You can see the Q lines, and the Q entrances of 'corkscrew' and 'launch' Q.

The skull is clearly labelled, and looks like that large concrete isn't the station.