UK theme parks from another point of view!

Equinox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:22 pm

"Ron_Mc_Don""][quote=""Equinox" wrote:
And another thing that should be taken off the speculation list is what the trains will look like. Thats not speculation.

Untill pictures of the trains are shown then they will stay on the speculation section.[/quote]

Ok dont believe me then!

Equinox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:23 pm

Ron_Mc_Don,

Youll have to trust me on the rita trains thing.

i can 100% guarantee they are the trains!

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:32 pm

Its nothing personal but untill we as a comunity see the trains then they will be speculation. I do beleave that they are like xcelerator.

Equinox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:36 pm

But speculation is when you just take a guess, or have a good IDEA on what they will look like. Not when you know for sure?

But ok fair enough i can see why your sceptical.

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:38 pm

round and round we go :lol:

selb
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:39 pm

okay the cars are like that... and they will look cheap and tacky, lets stop this loop re-ocurring again

Equinox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:40 pm

Ok im sorry. But i dont think they look tacky either :P lol

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:38 pm

"Equinox" wrote:

Your not B+M 2003 off ATA are you?

And as a side note. The pictures of the big green tent and ugland themeing shown earlier in this topic were taken from restricted areas. The pathways leading to the rear of UgLand where those shots were taken are blocked by makeshift fencing or wooden gates. If they were open by chance, you have to climb through hedges and wooded areas (off the public footpaths) to get the shots. Its obvious that the photographer has something to hide, by the fact that some shots have been obscured by easily removable foliage, telling us that the photogapher was in some way hiding or trying to make himself less obvious.

Thanks for reading.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Anonymous

Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:40 pm

"J""][quote=""Equinox" wrote:

Your not B+M 2003 off ATA are you?

And as a side note. The pictures of the big green tent and ugland themeing shown earlier in this topic were taken from restricted areas. The pathways leading to the rear of UgLand where those shots were taken are blocked by makeshift fencing or wooden gates. If they were open by chance, you have to climb through hedges and wooded areas (off the public footpaths) to get the shots. Its obvious that the photographer has something to hide, by the fact that some shots have been obscured by easily removable foliage, telling us that the photogapher was in some way hiding or trying to make himself less obvious.

Thanks for reading.[/quote]

Now personally, i dont think there is any harm in that as long as H&S didnt get broken, who knows, maybe even one of teh staff covering their backs. However they got them, well done.

Williscroft

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:42 pm

Thanx for them pics and the fact that the UG-LAND themeing is still in the area makes me happy as if a new theme was to come i think they would of got the old themeing out of the way by now ( which i dont want to happen as i love the themeing thats there) Now i have some new pics to have a look at untill the next lot. :D :D :D

Williscroft

Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:27 pm

Just saw a pic of the towers times mag and theres a bit about rita. It says something about her being a demon. Maybe this could be part of the themeing. Shes a demon in the UG-Land area and Red hot and angery. Wait a min that sound a bit like Nemesis. Owell just a thought. :D

Anonymous

Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:38 pm

"williscroft" wrote:
Just saw a pic of the towers times mag and theres a bit about rita. It says something about her being a demon. Maybe this could be part of the themeing. Shes a demon in the UG-Land area and Red hot and angery. Wait a min that sound a bit like Nemesis. Owell just a thought. :D

maybe the fire talk of a theme could be true then........ :?

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:43 pm

i noticed the opening date on the rcdb it says its opening 4/4/04......this seems a little mad because this is after a major holiday alton towers will miss out on theextra money more people will come if the launch coaster is open as they want to ride it !

Anonymous

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:44 pm

Not sure but a few years ago they stored the fireworks in a big green tent just like that 1. Maybe it has nothing to do with rita or maybe Im wrong and should shut up!

Anonymous

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:19 pm

"Dan" wrote:
If I may clear up 2 of the "speculation" points:
AFAIK it will be 1 station, which will load and unload both trains.
And last I heard on the "Official" opening date was that the park would try and run the ride from opening day (March 12th), and then have the "Official" launch on March 30th. During the period between these two dates the ride would be open (possibly only during limited hours each day), but because the general public largely wouldn't know of the ride's existence, it would limit the amount of complaints about breakdowns. And it will give the park time to iron out any bugs before the "Official" launch.

I'll quote this again about THE OPENING DATE ](*,) :tongue: :tongue:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altonator
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:36 pm

Below is a pic of the festival park aka ug land - area of the 1988 park map (used this map because it's clearer to see than newer ones). Now a couple of years ago (during the woodie plan days) coasterforce did a video and some how managed to get out of the park and in again. somewhere along where I've drawn the red line on the map because it was the other side of the trees and on the video you could see/hear corkscrew.
Now I'm not saying to enter the park/RITA Site because thats not allowed but could someone with a camera or better a video camera try and get to this area?
With there being no leaves on the trees I think this is the best place to get pics/videos during the closed season if anyone could find there way down there?
http://tinypic.com/l9rgl
What do think?
Whatever the weather outside it\'s always tropical at Cariba Creek

Ron_Mc_Don
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:10 pm

"martinrules62" wrote:
i noticed the opening date on the rcdb it says its opening 4/4/04......this seems a little mad because this is after a major holiday alton towers will miss out on theextra money more people will come if the launch coaster is open as they want to ride it !

That cannot happen as we cannot travel back in time.
Would be fun to do so tho

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:16 pm

Yes, there is a path that runs behind UgLand. This can be found next to the kiosk on the right as you exit hex into the main walkway going to X-Sector.

But this is closed at the moment due to construction.
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

big cat
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:41 pm

"J" wrote:

Thanks for reading.

OK J, so your saying that I've broken into the site then?.
What part of the explanation do you not understand when I said I DID NOT BREACH ANY SECURITY!!!.
If you really must know, you can get to that area very easily, through the park and up some PUBLIC steps which lead onto the path that runs round the back of Ug land (and there's no temp fences there either).
Yes there is a gate on the footpath and it was UNLOCKED AND OPEN, so any member of the public could of walked through it.
If AT have a problem with this then, I would suggest they contact me via PM and I will clarify to them which route I took and what I was doing round there.
I have nothing to hide, as I only wanted to share some pics with users on this site, and to be honest with you if i was hiding then why:
1) The photo with the branches near the theming indicated that I wanted to get a long distant shot so that all of the theming was in view.
and 2) if you look at the green marque shot theres a bit of a slope, hence me standing on the only part of the hill I could get the best shot from. (that's why I did not get down as the slope was steep and slippy and the branches where in the way).
Ow one other thing, the site workers did see me all of the time (of which I was chatting to one of them in between the ug land theming) and if I was hiding then why the b loody hell would I wear a light blue jacket when I was there (not the best camouflarge is it :-k ).

Kitty and Williscroft thanks for your appreciation for the photo's, at least someone liked them :lol:

In future I would suggest you keep your opinions to yourself and not try and s hit stir on the site :evil:

Anonymous

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:17 am

Personally, I don't care if anybody goes over the fence. I just want to see some decent pictures, and much respect to anybody who 'dares' to cross the line.

I'm not saying you have, big_cat, and I don't suppose for a minute that you have. However, I wouldn't give an ess aitch eye tea if you had. Thanks for the pics.