UK theme parks from another point of view!

andysj
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:04 am

I think its pretty rude that people on this forum complained about Big Cat's photo-taking. People on here are crying out for more construction pictures and the minute someone does the poor guy who has went to the bother of getting the pictures and posting them for us gets ripped into by some people making wild assumptions. :? Its not fair.

Anyway, glad to see your pictures Big Cat, after people mentioning this demon sort of idea for Rita's theming I think it sounds pretty logical, it could follow with what we've been told already about the skull in the centre of the ride, very demon like theming if you ask me!

Cjw
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:22 am

I dont think the "Demon" comment means hell or evil satantic fire beasts-I think its more referring to the fact that it will be intense and fast (Ie-"Whoah thats one demon of a ride")

Just to note-Tiger2000 on ATA recently noted that part of the ugland games building is to become RITA"s garage...That pretty much shows that this coaster will have cars/racing in it to me

Unless of course its the garage from hell :roll:

geo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:24 am

dam u got there before me cjw!

speed demon - is what i was gonna say

owen jay
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:05 pm

Ok here is what you need to do to get closer to Ug Land if you go into the gardens head to the back where the skyride cable is there is a walk way and set of steps up towards UG Land I am pretty sure that they bring you upto where all the old Ugland theeming is!.

Anonymous

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:24 pm

Are you talking about the steps next to Swiss Cottage where the old garden resturant was and is now staff quaters? If thoes are the steps then i know where your talkin about. If not, where?

owen jay
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:58 pm

that sounds about right to be fair I havn't been in that part of AT for a long time but those stairs used to lead from UG land through the valley and back up the other side near Nemi

Anonymous

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:14 pm

Well, as evidence can be whitnessed, on the 24th October, not even Ade could get there as there was a double fence there at the time. Who ever is big cat, im sure that they know what they are doing and to be honest, its just good to know that they got them piccys.

big cat
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:23 pm

Firstly thanks for the backup guys, if this J is off another site then he's just let it down.
Sorry about the mouthing off, but I hate for anyone to call me something I'm not.
Anyhow, you'll be pleased to note that TTF where the first with the pics so it's the two fingers to the rest of the sites :lol:
The walkway that everyone is on about is in fact the route I took to get to the theming and when I was there it was all clear and no temp fences hence me being able to walk right through no probs.
I think I might of concerned AT by me being there, as from what kitty has said, even ade could not get round there so I can only assume that AT have put the extra fences round that area after the workmen saw me?.
Ow well enjoy the pics. :D

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:18 pm

"Ron_Mc_Don""][quote=""martinrules62" wrote:
i noticed the opening date on the rcdb it says its opening 4/4/04......this seems a little mad because this is after a major holiday alton towers will miss out on theextra money more people will come if the launch coaster is open as they want to ride it !

That cannot happen as we cannot travel back in time.
Would be fun to do so tho[/quote]

i mean 4/4/05 lol

Anonymous

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:21 pm

"Dan" wrote:
If I may clear up 2 of the "speculation" points:
AFAIK it will be 1 station, which will load and unload both trains.
And last I heard on the "Official" opening date was that the park would try and run the ride from opening day (March 12th), and then have the "Official" launch on March 30th. During the period between these two dates the ride would be open (possibly only during limited hours each day), but because the general public largely wouldn't know of the ride's existence, it would limit the amount of complaints about breakdowns. And it will give the park time to iron out any bugs before the "Official" launch.

I'll quote this again about THE OPENING DATE ](*,) :tongue: :tongue:

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:24 pm

sorry kk i red it but i dnt know if its aimed at me !

Anonymous

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:26 pm

no not aimed at your martin. Its been mentioned a few times since Dan posted it on page 53/54 of thsi topic about when Rita will open, i might just post it on ever new page :wink:

Martin1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:28 pm

im gona ride it as many times as i can when i stay in the hotel with my good friend james :D first people to rid it cool hey "!! cant wait bring on march!

richardlerwill3
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:23 pm

Just to note-Tiger2000 on ATA recently noted that part of the ugland games building is to become RITA"s garage...That pretty much shows that this coaster will have cars/racing in it to me

AIR has a garage, Nemesis has a garage, Spinball has a garage, Oblivion has a garage...well isn't that just where they store the vehicles!?

Cjw
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:28 pm

As in a themed garage :roll:

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:38 pm

AIR has a garage, Nemesis has a garage, Spinball has a garage, Oblivion has a garage...well isn't that just where they store the vehicles!?

Thats what i was thinking. I thought when they say garage it is just the place they fix cars and give them a check over or store things :D :D

Philman
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:48 pm

Thats what i was thinking. I thought when they say garage it is just the place they fix cars and give them a check over or store things

Yeh! I think thats what he means because he was talking about storage tracks and stuff when he mentioned it! :yes:
What a fad.

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:50 pm

Big Cats photos were taken from positions that can still be accessed from public footpaths. I have been in these places many times myself over the years. The gate just to the left of the path up from the old restraunt is for public use as well as park staff, it is there to discourage people from using it because it leads around the back of Ugland and down into Alton Village and hundreds of people think that it is a short cut to the Forbidden Valley!.

Williscroft

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:54 pm

^ What so people can come up from Alton village and get in to Alton Towers for free :?: if so they should put a gate at the other end to devide Alton village and the towers.

Philman
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:57 pm

Im sure they have a gate there! wouldnt they??? :?
What a fad.