UK theme parks from another point of view!

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:10 pm

"kylies_kitty" wrote:
Just recived a report from stoky whos gone today..... something that will please bigdave :wink:

Thoes 20 drag queens that were going to promote Rita... THEY THERE NOW!!!!!!!!

Yep - I tell you what, it's really hard to get into the trains wering 4 inch stilettos and a minidress! ;)

Anonymous

Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:08 pm

"smeg_head""][quote=""kylies_kitty" wrote:
Just recived a report from stoky whos gone today..... something that will please bigdave :wink:

Thoes 20 drag queens that were going to promote Rita... THEY THERE NOW!!!!!!!!

Yep - I tell you what, it's really hard to get into the trains wering 4 inch stilettos and a minidress! ;)[/quote]

:o :o :o I'll take your word for that i think smeg

Anonymous

Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:25 pm

"nouseforaname" wrote:
dont know if there already is an onride video, but i found one! (havent read the last couple of pages)

http://www.lifthill.de/html/rita.html

scroll down and at the bottom of the page there is a link to the video!

Here's a Translated version of the site, into English of course!

Anonymous

Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:27 pm

Translation... where? Try previewing your posts before theyre posted!

Anonymous

Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:10 pm

"CJQuiksilver" wrote:
Translation... where? Try previewing your posts before theyre posted!

I could have sworn that I put the address in, if it doesn't appear this time then somethings up

Clicky

Sorry that it strecthes the page!

EDIT: Kaycee

Long link changed to a little one. :) x

Anonymous

Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:13 pm

Guys i was just woundering has rita got any loops in it??????? Im going on sunday. It dosent seem 2 in any pics or vids i was just woundering if anyone has been on it or seem it in person... Because its going to be the rollercoaster with the max g.force that ive ever been on... So basicly is there anyloops or is it just incredibly fast........:?: :o

Josh
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:40 pm

"Beefy" wrote:
Guys i was just woundering has rita got any loops in it??????? Im going on sunday. It dosent seem 2 in any pics or vids i was just woundering if anyone has been on it or seem it in person... Because its going to be the rollercoaster with the max g.force that ive ever been on... So basicly is there anyloops or is it just incredibly fast........:?: :o

No loops/inversions, but is incredibly fast when you're on it. definately worth a ride when you go
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/rides/ugland/rita.htm
see pics on that link.
Hope you have a good time at the towers.

Binternet1985
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:08 am

I went on it today, and the launch is like no other launch I have been on before. It quite literally took my breath away. Not as good as the B&M's in my opinion but a good addition non the less. Does anyone know what the clicking noise is when it goes round, sound slike static. And what the are them things that move up and down on the launch for? This was probably answered months ago but I cant remember and the old topics are over 100 pages in length.

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:36 pm

"Binternet1985" wrote:
...Does anyone know what the clicking noise is when it goes round, sounds like static.
It is static electricity earthing from the trains through the track and supports.

"Binternet1985" wrote:
...What the are them things that move up and down on the launch for?.
They are a the anti-rollback brakes, made out of a steel compound that prevents a train rolling back in to the onload station at high speed after an aborted launch where the trains fails to make it over the highest point of the track and returns to the station backwards.

Binternet1985
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Thanks for that. I assumed the hydraulic things were something to do with the safetly system for an aborted launch since they are nothing to do with the lauch themselves.

Satch

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:59 am

Why are people talking about Rita in here, when the topic for current discussion is in the General forum. Rita is present, not the future!

Anonymous

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:38 pm

Never even got to go on rita. Went to alton towers on monday 4th July 2005 and went straight to rita when the park opened. The queue time was approx 15 mins but ended up waiting for 45 mins. Every 5 mins it kept breaking down and said on the microphone that it will be up and running again soon, but when they did get it running again it failed after 2 mins.
It also takes to long to get people off the ride and back on again. We then decided after wating 45 mins to leave the ride and go on the corkscrew which had a 2 min queue.
I was totally appauled by this and tryed to come to alton towers when it was a quiet day.

Anonymous

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:10 pm

People! I've just had to delete a load of posts off this page, can we refrain from veering off topic and even more importantly, not slag off German people? It's racist and Kaycee happened to be born in an RAF camp in Germany, so I may take offence! ;) But seriously guys, back on topic.

:twisted: :P

Anonymous

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:55 pm

went to alton towers the other day and queued for rita for 2hr30mins cause it broke......... it shot out the station and slammed on. Dont know y but luckily no one was hurt! Gr8 day though!!

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:13 pm

I think Rita now she has gained her home is a brilliant addition to Alton Towers but I do think maybe the trees on the first corner could be trimmed back slightly incase of injury and in my opinion the front row is by far the best place to sit.

Its a shame the lights arent in time with the launch.