UK theme parks from another point of view!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:23 pm

the Season Pass is one of a few things that is actually very good value.

yes but it used to be far better value..

This year has seen the loss of...

unlimited visits
early rider
i believe some sort of discount on purchases
fastrack.. i know this has affected everyone but its still a loss linked with the annual pass we now have to PAY to use a service that was free and working fine.

Dan K
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:27 pm

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
yes but it used to be far better value..

That's as may be, but it's still a bargain.

Anonymous

Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:57 pm

ive given up on the ride now until it opens or we get some pics :roll:

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:01 pm

Wheres the FUN? Why are people getting bogged down because theres nothing new to see? We can SPECULATE on things. This is what the forum is for! RITA is a secret development, things won't be as open as they were for air and spinball.

Theres nothing wrong with a little secrecy now and again. Things will come to light when AT want them too. But before that happens... SPECULATE AND DISCUSS!! (don't moan!)

Rant over. :rock: :giggle:

Cjw
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Thing is...we have been specualating for a long time now.The topic is just going round in circles and quite frankly is as dull as anything.

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:36 pm

i agree with cjw. Everytime i view this topic its the same old things being said. What type of restraints? Themes? etc..

Even now we have seen the plans, we cant speculate on the layout. The only thing open to us in terms of the ride itself is will there be any inversions?

Would just be nice to see a bit more construction, footers in place or maybe some steel work/track.

That would get everyone talking a little more.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:05 pm

But don't you think that adds to the excitment and build-up of the ride? We don't know whats coming round the next corner, and i think it's great. It's not as easy to get excited about a ride where we know every little fact. :rock:

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:07 pm

Yeah there is excitment to it when your not entirely sure whats being built.

On the other hand, there are certain times when you just need that extra little bit of info or a few more pics to build up the excitment again.

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:16 pm

"Northern_Rider" wrote:
Yeah there is excitment to it when your not entirely sure whats being built.

On the other hand, there are certain times when you just need that extra little bit of info or a few more pics to build up the excitment again.

Yeah, i do understand what your saying. I don't think we have long to wait until we get some pictures. It will be very interesting to see how PROJECT:RITA has developed!

Anonymous

Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:14 pm

suppose nearly everything has been talked about, most people i think now would rather talk about the rest of the park for next season and beyond and then when something is released with RITA then we will see mad rushes again into this topic

owen jay
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:45 pm

I have just ben on screamscape and they state that the latest rumour is that Rita will be 125 feet high, oh if only that was true. I think alton towers should invest in some mature Canadian 150foot high pine trees to raise the height barrier.

Williscroft

Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:23 pm

latest rumour is that Rita will be 125 feet high

That will be the day LOL. Well it looks like are only hope for some pics befor january is if some one is booked in to the hotel. Any one booked in :?: And when are we going to get some info sent us from the Riderita site.

andysj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:31 pm

"williscroft" wrote:
latest rumour is that Rita will be 125 feet high

That will be the day LOL. Well it looks like are only hope for some pics befor january is if some one is booked in to the hotel. Any one booked in :?: And when are we going to get some info sent us from the Riderita site.
Yeah I was thinking that as well, signed up to it and never heard a thing since, hopefully they will send us out something interesting soon. I also agree with that people are saying, this topic is going round and round in circles, its no longer as interesting, if only we could have just a little more solid info to start off another load of decent speculation about what else the ride will involve.

Philman
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:08 pm

Yeah I was thinking that as well, signed up to it and never heard a thing since, hopefully they will send us out something interesting soon. I also agree with that people are saying, this topic is going round and round in circles, its no longer as interesting, if only we could have just a little more solid info to start off another load of decent speculation about what else the ride will involve.

Arnt we just going round and round in circles by saying we are going round and round in circles :roll:

I think that we should get some pics very soon! hopefully this weekend :D cant wait :D
What a fad.

owen jay
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:18 pm

I am sure Iv'e just been going around in circles.( whoo this time next year I will have especially if the Rita plans are correct).

evil cod

Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:08 pm

Its not going round in circles! Ooh lastest news apparently rita is being built by Intamin AG. :roll:

big cat
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:15 pm

Ok, good news I've managed to find a host for the pictures so at least you have something new to look at.

Here it goes.

http://tinypic.com/kwbqb
http://tinypic.com/kwbwg

Ug land IS STAYING!!

http://tinypic.com/kwbyx

That bloody great big green tent

http://tinypic.com/kwwok

Another picture taken from the ugland theming
(notice the white cement crane in the background)

Sorry for the delay in getting them to you :mrgreen:

Disclaimer:
I never breached any security within the RITA site, all photographs were taken in public areas

Anonymous

Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:58 am

"big cat" wrote:
Ok, good news I've managed to find a host for the pictures so at least you have something new to look at.

Here it goes.

http://tinypic.com/kwbqb
http://tinypic.com/kwbwg

Ug land IS STAYING!!

http://tinypic.com/kwbyx

That bloody great big green tent

http://tinypic.com/kwwok

Another picture taken from the ugland theming
(notice the white cement crane in the background)

Sorry for the delay in getting them to you :mrgreen:

Disclaimer:
I never breached any security within the RITA site, all photographs were taken in public areas

Big cat... just been looking at thoes pictures. They be good ones. I know roughtly where they were taken. I tried to get there from the RCCGB loopathon thing and strangly enough, i couldnt get to that point. Something to do with a double fence all the way from where the info point is next to the entrace of the towers all the way round the whole of Ugland. When were they taken as in what date?

As for breaching any security within the Rita site... i hope not as The Powers that be, IE Ms Greenwood, do look at this forum and the main ttf site. Call it an exchange of information from various places to make one happy coaster community. (its 2.55am-ish, of course im gonna be sarcastic at this time in teh morning, not at you Big cat, just in general).

big cat
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:53 am

Hi KK,

Thanks for your comments about the pictures.
If you think your up late, look at the time on this thread.
Ow the joys of being self employed and living in Spain :D

"kylies_kitty" wrote:
As for breaching any security within the Rita site... i hope not as The Powers that be, IE Ms Greenwood, do look at this forum and the main ttf site. Call it an exchange of information from various places to make one happy coaster community. (its 2.55am-ish, of course im gonna be sarcastic at this time in teh morning, not at you Big cat, just in general).

Is this the fence your talking about?

http://tinypic.com/kyb6p

The pictures were taken on the 18th October when I was at AT by myself doing a billy no mates.

I can however, assure everyone on TTF, and the lovely Ms Greenwood (wonder if she's single :D ), that I never once breached any of the fences on the site (I'm not that stupid to be thrown off AT [-X ).
Anyhow, if you look on the pictures, you can clearly see the two sections of fencing which has been erected.

BTW, the pictures with the bushes in them are not because I was hiding from the workmen.
It was a little hard trying to get near them to have a chat about the site and I could not get close enough to the fence. hence the bushes being in the shot.

owen jay
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:21 am

From the plans Iv'e seen this coaster has two helixes(I.E big circles) so yes from the plans it will be going around in circles (very fast).