UK theme parks from another point of view!

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Slowly Dying Rides.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Is there any signs that some of the rides are slowly starting to break? Do you believe there is a way to prevent this from happening?

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Slowly Dying Rides.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Wouldn't it be so much easier to discuss the rides that aren't slowly dying? :lol:

MattsDesigns
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 pm

:cry: so sad thread

I guess rides are like cars, you can replace parts for aslong as you want but sooner or later it becomes more economic to get a new one.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.

roary01
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:49 pm

This thread lends itself to the Long term plan where it has been mentioned specific rides are nearing the end of the planned running lives...
1. Ripsaw - Sadly the ride has been showing its age in recent years where it has begun with different noises during cycles, and also sometimes actually struggles to complete flips. The park have done well to keep it going this long with new motors and winter maintenance, however it has seen better days, and it will be a sad day when it leaves, but hopefully we will see a newer model arrive somewhere in the park..
2. Flume - Although still a firm favourite with guests it really is struggling and has been on its last legs for some time, with leaking troughs, consistent down-time, overall dated look really doesn't do the park any favours and it probably costing the park more to keep running and is definitely living on borrowed time.
People will be amazed i put this into my list, but...
3. Nemesis - Now I DON'T THINK IT WILL DIE, however over 2012 the ride has seen some problems, with the flooding causing the ride to be down, problems with the lift hill, and every season it has to be checked due to the way its supports are set into the cliff sides they move more than normal and also can crack. The park will keep Nemesis for as long as possible but sooner rather than later the whole ride will need a MAJOR overhaul from the station - track - supports.
4. Hex - This attraction i got quite sad about when i saw the state of it in 2012, it really was sad everything from the film been poor quality, to the vault low volume, creaking noises, can't park properly. Luckily the park have realised this are hopefully it returns to form in 2013.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 am

I'm sorry but all theses come down to maintaince budgets. For example Disney world is 41 years old and there attractions still look as good as the day it opened but for example at Alton Towers with Oblivion if they painted the track again and worked on the station building it could look as good as it did back in 1998.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Rides need never die. The matterhorn? Runs as good today as ever. Why? People CARE for it. And I'm sorry, Alton doesn't.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

molly99
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Personally, i don't think that we will see an end to nemesis in the 2013 season...it is a firm favourite not just for us brits but internationally too! Also modern technology means that rollercoasters can last a lot longer! I would be sad to see nemmy go but in my opinion it don't think it will!;( :roll:

Oblivion beckons in T minus 5 minutessss