UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
User avatar
DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 386
Joined: August 2012
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Your World First Ideas

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:13 pm

LCFCjames wrote:
It would be awesome if Air could be modified to be a launched flying coaster! If what we see in the original advert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mxo5Fi1gYI) could be achieved that would be truly spectacular, especially with the dark tunnel and blue lights. I think it would be near impossible to do with the current track layout though and I can't see AT investing into a changed track layout just to accommodate another world's first, without improving on the ride selection. Still, it wouldn't hurt for them to spend a few thousand and make a dark tunnel, with a few blue lights and sound effects before the lift hill....  8)

The lift hill be something like that of maverick at cedar point. So you fly up at speed. Decelerate at the top take in the view and then continue the ride as normal.
 
homer22422
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 96
Joined: August 2012

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:00 am

Oblivion guy wrote:
My idea is a new type of coaster is a Side Rider coaster where the track is tilted onto its side the whole time but the seats are put into a usual position and your feet are dangling. The coaster will be advertised as the worlds first Side Rider Coaster.


I think that kind of roller coaster has already been invented as you can see in this video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmXuXn-4W4
 
scw55
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 356
Joined: July 2012

Re: Your World First Ideas

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 pm

World's First Wooden Wingrider.
 
User avatar
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2499
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: Your World First Ideas

Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm

I know people are going to say no but I really have no clue if these could work but sound insane:
Wooden inverted
Launched wooden
Beyond vertical drop wooden

Anyone??
 
scw55
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 356
Joined: July 2012

Re: Your World First Ideas

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:13 pm

They seem to use Hybrid Woodies now; Wooden Support Structure and Aesphetic with Steel rails.

They've managed to create Barrel Rolls, a Diving Loop Thing and a Crazyily-Overbanked Inverted-Thing-Hill.

I would imagine Launched Woodies and Beyond Vertical Drop ones is plausable.

Inverted Woody would be interesting. A guy over on Coasterforce forums in RCt3 has build one or two and they look pretty (B&M Inverted with Custome Wooden Supports). The feet-chopping would be insane with the wooden beams. It's just, would the General Public care?
 
User avatar
RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 429
Joined: May 2013

Re: Your World First Ideas

Fri May 09, 2014 12:04 am

Is there any type of roller coaster anywhere which basically goes all the way through a track etc forward and then gets to a point where it changes then goes through the rest of the track backwards until the end??
Because I have an idea for maybe a worlds first... It could be a family roller coaster that would start off at a height (so no need for the lift hill yet) and fall down a hill, have some ground hugging spins, air time hills etc and then it can arrive on a straight piece of track at about half the full height of the ride. The end of this track can be themed like it has exploded or been destroyed, or like you're going to crash! then the track behind will swap and the train can launch out backwards, drop down a hill and do more airtime hills, twists and turns etc. The end could maybe be a flat track piece where everyone gets unloaded, then the track tilts up and attaches to the lift hill and the train is carried to the top, exiting through a themed hole the roof to the top and the start again! Or maybe the loading part could even be here too so that people go through the roof to the top of the lift hill haha :lol Could this be a worlds first two way coaster or something? I don't know if it's been done but I just like the concept for a family ride :)
 
User avatar
TowersManiac0110
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 51
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rainhill

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sat May 31, 2014 10:29 pm

World's first drop tower with full 360-degree rotating seats
World's first floorless water coaster
"Double Coaster" in which a junction track moves to select one of two tracks (ideally launched or lift hill) each with a completely different, thrilling experience.
 
User avatar
TowersManiac0110
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 51
Joined: May 2013
Location: Rainhill

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sat May 31, 2014 10:34 pm

Drop tower with full 360degree rotating seats (pivoting at any time, not like falcon's fury)
"Double Coaster", where a junction track after the station or indoor portion moves to select one of two tracks with different, thrilling layouts (one track could have a launch and 9 inversions, the other has a lift hill and 6 inversions)
 
User avatar
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2499
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sat May 31, 2014 10:58 pm

So I've been looking at this idea for a while, and although some bits may be confusing but here goes :)

It would be manufactured preferably by B&M, but due to extreme costing, it would be better to go with a cheaper company, possibly intamin or Mack.
It would be a long train with 8 rows of 2 seats. The ride would have a chain lift hill and would consist of various drops and a few inversions. Then it would enter the mid course brake run. This would be an enclosed building. Once the train had come to a stop, the track would turn 180 degrees, but the seats would stay in the upright position. This would now make the ride car inverted, just like a normal inverted coaster, just with only two seats per row. The track after the twist would all be inverted until the final brake run where it would return to the normal seating position.

I know going with B&M would be to expensive for any park to pay, but would be interested to see how they could combine two amazing coaster types in to one.
I'd love to hear your ideas and opinions on this :)
 
User avatar
RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 429
Joined: May 2013

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sat May 31, 2014 11:41 pm

I had a similar idea in the 'own secret weapon design' :)

I don't know if it is possible, but a B&M floorless coaster and then the trains have a similar mechanism as air and rotate so the track is below your head! Then some sort of half loop/inline twist etc gets you the right way up and it's an inverted coaster?! Could it be done?? this could happen in some sort of hidden tunnel then the train launches out as an invert then near the end goes back to normal before completing the circuit!? :D opinions pleas :) ??


There's many ways it could work and I think it'd make a great coaster :D
 
stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 944
Joined: January 2014

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:19 am

Has there been a backwards invert yet?

DannyG wrote:
So I've been looking at this idea for a while, and although some bits may be confusing but here goes :)

It would be manufactured preferably by B&M, but due to extreme costing, it would be better to go with a cheaper company, possibly intamin or Mack.
It would be a long train with 8 rows of 2 seats. The ride would have a chain lift hill and would consist of various drops and a few inversions. Then it would enter the mid course brake run. This would be an enclosed building. Once the train had come to a stop, the track would turn 180 degrees, but the seats would stay in the upright position. This would now make the ride car inverted, just like a normal inverted coaster, just with only two seats per row. The track after the twist would all be inverted until the final brake run where it would return to the normal seating position.

I know going with B&M would be to expensive for any park to pay, but would be interested to see how they could combine two amazing coaster types in to one.
I'd love to hear your ideas and opinions on this :)


I quite like that idea although I don't know how they would change it without having the seats upside down for half of the ride. They could have them on some sort of spinning axis (if you imagine how Ripsaw spins and locks) so after the track turns 180 degrees, the seats turn 180 degrees , but that would mean half the ride going backwards. Then again I suppose that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
 
User avatar
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2499
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:23 am

No when I say the track twists, imagine like the way a barrel roll goes, the car would stay facing forwards, as the track twists to become inverted, not backwards, while the seats stay upright.
 
stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 944
Joined: January 2014

Re: Your World First Ideas

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:23 am

Yeah, I just figured how that could be done, by using the 4D coaster. If the seats were floorless, they could be attached to the coaster by a joint on the backrest, then when the train inverts, the seats would rotate (like a clock) and stay upright. They could either lock into place after spinning or be bottom heavy and left to rotate freely every time to coaster goes through an inversion, which could be quite a cool experience
 
User avatar
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2499
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: Your World First Ideas

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:02 pm

stealthsmiler wrote:
Yeah, I just figured how that could be done, by using the 4D coaster. If the seats were floorless, they could be attached to the coaster by a joint on the backrest, then when the train inverts, the seats would rotate (like a clock) and stay upright. They could either lock into place after spinning or be bottom heavy and left to rotate freely every time to coaster goes through an inversion, which could be quite a cool experience


This is what I was trying to explain :lol
 
Sr88
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 308
Joined: May 2014

Re: Your World First Ideas

Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm

The only issue with the 4D half-inverted half-not coaster (definitely should call it that if it becomes a thing) is that, although it may seem cool at first, I cannot imagine it would add much to the overall ride experience itself, and if it were a 4D coaster, it would sort of seem like a waste of money if the full 4D rotation was not used very much.
 
Coasterfan312
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 36
Joined: January 2013
Location: Winchester, Hampshire, UK

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:47 pm

DrReeve wrote:
danwhit709 wrote:
A flying drop tower..

You heard it here first  8)

Actually i have already Posted about this idea in another topic a few weeks ago. Sorry to ruin The moment But You really heard it here


I wonder if these guys suggested this before we heard anything about Falcon's Fury. If so, well done them :P
 
User avatar
danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 73
Joined: August 2012

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Coasterfan312 wrote:
DrReeve wrote:
danwhit709 wrote:
A flying drop tower..

You heard it here first 8)

Actually i have already Posted about this idea in another topic a few weeks ago. Sorry to ruin The moment But You really heard it here


I wonder if these guys suggested this before we heard anything about Falcon's Fury. If so, well done them :P


Yep, you can imagine my excitement when I found out I'd correctly predicted Busch gardens' next thrill ride :lol
 
Sam198
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 791
Joined: October 2012

Re: Your World First Ideas

Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:20 pm

RCandrew wrote:
Is there any type of roller coaster anywhere which basically goes all the way through a track etc forward and then gets to a point where it changes then goes through the rest of the track backwards until the end??
Because I have an idea for maybe a worlds first... It could be a family roller coaster that would start off at a height (so no need for the lift hill yet) and fall down a hill, have some ground hugging spins, air time hills etc and then it can arrive on a straight piece of track at about half the full height of the ride. The end of this track can be themed like it has exploded or been destroyed, or like you're going to crash! then the track behind will swap and the train can launch out backwards, drop down a hill and do more airtime hills, twists and turns etc. The end could maybe be a flat track piece where everyone gets unloaded, then the track tilts up and attaches to the lift hill and the train is carried to the top, exiting through a themed hole the roof to the top and the start again! Or maybe the loading part could even be here too so that people go through the roof to the top of the lift hill haha :lol Could this be a worlds first two way coaster or something? I don't know if it's been done but I just like the concept for a family ride :)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCH55433lbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3Px2sePWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7MZ0ti2Gk8

...To name but a few. ;)
 
wakey1512
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 56
Joined: October 2012
Location: Grimsby

Re: Your World First Ideas

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Maybe this belongs in a nemesis related thread but what about stand up trains on an invert or even an existing invert like nemesis? Would be two world first records on the same ride 20 years apart!
 
Coasterfellow
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 135
Joined: April 2014

Re: Your World First Ideas

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Alton need to get there foot in the door with the world first drifting coaster!!!!!! The one in abu dhabi never got finished so they could have a world first with it! :)
Image
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 36 guests