UK theme parks from another point of view!

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Water Rides (Lack Of)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:27 pm

Evostance wrote:
They need to bin the section of the flume that just floats around.  Its only there because of the dinosaurs in the 80's. If they had it so it went from first drop,  through tunnel,  round and up the 2nd it'd be great.  Then they could expand the dark forest and add in something else

They have already removed sections of track to shorten it before the bathtub retheme so other then removing it all together (we can live in hope) I think this ride will remain as is ?

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Re: Water Rides (Lack Of)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:44 pm

clayj wrote:
Evostance wrote:
They need to bin the section of the flume that just floats around.  Its only there because of the dinosaurs in the 80's. If they had it so it went from first drop,  through tunnel,  round and up the 2nd it'd be great.  Then they could expand the dark forest and add in something else

They have already removed sections of track to shorten it before the bathtub retheme so other then removing it all together (we can live in hope) I think this ride will remain as is ?

In that case, shorten it again.  If it leaks anymore it's going to disrupt the foundations

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Evostance wrote:
In that case, shorten it again.  If it leaks anymore it's going to disrupt the foundations

I don't know f you ever rode it in it's origional length but if they shorten it anymore it will be just bath tubs sitting in s field lol

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Re: Re: Water Rides (Lack Of)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:56 pm

clayj wrote:
Evostance wrote:

I don't know f you ever rode it in it's origional length but if they shorten it anymore it will be just bath tubs sitting in s field lol

Nah.  It'd be a short long flume.  Great throughput and a quick blast to get a bit wet.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:36 pm

maybe they should move battle galleons onto the pond that the flume drops onto.
then they could demolish the flume, and put a new water ride where battle galleons is.
and in the space from the demolished flume in gloomy wood they could put in some sort of ride relating to the ghosts of the haunted hollow

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 am

Pizzazz wrote:
maybe they should move battle galleons onto the pond that the flume drops onto.
then they could demolish the flume, and put a new water ride where battle galleons is.
and in the space from the demolished flume in gloomy wood they could put in some sort of ride relating to the ghosts of the haunted hollow

They need to get rid of water rides not add them

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

kind of like the idea of using the current log flumes lake for its splash down AND battle galleons.

like spinball, B Galleons has such an effect on the overall landscaping of the gardens/towers it sticks out like a sore thumb. id much rather it were hidden away and put into the flumes lake instead. hey, maybe they can use the whole lake and extend battle galleons? maybe even making the lake bigger?

just a crazy idea.

SmilingMonkey
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 pm

A re-theme on the rapids wouldn't go a miss. I think the log flume has had it's day and won't attract new custom due to a fresh lick of paint. It's surpassed in terms of rider experience by both Chessington and Thorpe Park's offerings.

I'd invest in a higher capacity refit on the rapids with new theme over a re-theme for the log flume.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am

SmilingMonkey wrote:
A re-theme on the rapids wouldn't go a miss. I think the log flume has had it's day and won't attract new custom due to a fresh lick of paint. It's surpassed in terms of rider experience by both Chessington and Thorpe Park's offerings.

I'd invest in a higher capacity refit on the rapids with new theme over a re-theme for the log flume.

the rapids doesn't need a re-theme. the themeing on the whole of katanga canyon is a good. i agree on investing more into the themeing of the the rapids. adding for features and just making it feel more like an adventure.

SmilingMonkey
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 pm

JonoD wrote:
I know Aquatrax has been batted around a lot in discussion before, but how? If money was no object, I'd be happy to build a water coaster entirely over that lake.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent Aquatrax in use?  :D
Last edited by SmilingMonkey on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure

JonoD
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:10 am

a great example of an Aquatrax would be Atlantis Adventure in Lotte World:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoJDvGrmnog

This was built way back in 2003, so I can only imagine what kinds of things Alton Towers could do with a ride like this.

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 am

JonoD wrote:

This was built way back in 2003, so I can only imagine what kinds of things Alton Towers could do with a ride like this.

Doesn't seem much like an aquatrax, just a coaster on the water.  They've got to cater for everyone hence why I think this wouldn't happen, it's too fast. 
It simply needs shortening and a severe retheme, imagine splash mountain or similar

schmatt
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:37 am

Evostance wrote:
Doesn't seem much like an aquatrax, just a coaster on the water.  They've got to cater for everyone hence why I think this wouldn't happen, it's too fast. 
It simply needs shortening and a severe retheme, imagine splash mountain or similar

Splash mountain is way out of the park's budget and as for the theming, just change the castle to a darker stone, change the dragon to a pirate's loot and maybe a skull face in the rocks. As for the speed I agree, this is more of a family thrill coaster, which would bring something new to the park however I would prefer the launch to be replaced with one of intamin's vertical lifts found on their water coasters. In fact I think I'd prefer intamin's water coaster just with a similar layout to the aquatrax but with actual 'spashdowns' as apposed to the banked corners over the water. Could then be marketed as Uk's first water coaster.
Last edited by schmatt on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I posted this on another topic, but its about water rides, its a replacement for the Flume
Well I had an idea for a replacement for the Flume with an Intamin aquatrax, its a bit similar to Journey to Atlantis but still...

You enter the station through a cave which the station is above, climb stairs, when you are in the station, you board your boat and it drops out, outside into a banked curve inside into a building. Inside, you get told a story about a spirit 'floating' around the land and how it is going to get you. Next, there is a quick launch out of the building, a 'magic carpet' element (basically track swishing side to side) and then an airtime hill, then a banked curve and the track then rises up into a set of brakes and then into a building but the doorway if covered by a wall of water, after you go through the 'wall' you go into a small splashdown and then you get 'spoken' to by this spirit which tells you that you made it alive, but it is very angry so it will get you. You enter another launch, which launches you into a much, much smaller top hat, like Stealth, when you come down, the track starts banking and you lift up into an upwards helix then into another set of brakes, which is where the Flume last drop is, you drop down into an incline loop, then into a splashdown, you float down into a cave which is the same building as the station, but the station is higher than you now, so you go into a vertical lift (like TH13TEEN's drop but upwards and more slowly, which is themed as you escaping by 'floating' away with the water, you get off at an exit platform and the boat moves on without you back into the station.

The building that holds the station is up high which is sitting on rocks, which are the caves and it has a waterfall coming from it.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Nice idea i like it :D

Hari
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Coastermadpearce wrote:
They could always get a intamin watercoaster
http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amuseme ... fault.aspx

Ermm... Sorry to bust ur bubble, but I dont think AT will be getting one of those anytime soon...

However, I would like to see a re-theme of The Flume, as the ducks really don't fit in. It doesn't fit in even more now that the Imperial Leather sponsorship has expired. I am thinking...

Either a Full Station Re-build with the removal of the ducks in the lake and duck tunnel. Made into a pirate themed ride to fit with Mutiny Bay. The duck in the tunnel to be replaced by a pirate or parrot, and a Building that the big lift hill is in. (Like the one at Legoland)
Or...
A watercoaster, not an intamin one tho as I explained above. Like Journey to Atlantis but much smaller. Name ideas: Pirate's  Adventure, Landlubber's Quest, The Lost Skull, Gunpowder Galleons (Possibly meaning Battle Galleons could be re-named to Pirates Quest or something)

So that is my idea! What do u think?
NR

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Personally I don't see the point in (once again) re-themeing or re-branding a ride which could & should retire very soon. Next change will be a new ride, hopefully still a water ride or some sort

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Water Rides (Lack Of)

Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Complete new ride (water coaster) or complete retrack
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:23 am

JonoD wrote:

Thats beautiful -I guess largely down to the theming/landscaping. If AT did decide to go down this route, I would vote (silly, enthusiast vote) that most sections were indoors.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

GigaSurimi
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:03 am

SmilingMonkey wrote:
I think the log flume has had it's day and won't attract new custom due to a fresh lick of paint.

Agreed. I think it should just go. Any refurbishment would be desperate. Not to mention the outdoor quiet section, in the "woods", which looks completely desolate. Talk about a ride that is supposed to be fun and to target families, I was shocked by how sad the log flume looked like last October...