UK theme parks from another point of view!

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

An Alton Towers TV Channel

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 am

This would be awesome because Alton could place adverts for there new rides and offers on TV. Plus shows like Coaster reviews and Ride reviews could be aired on it where multiple people talk about there opinions o the Alton Towers rides.

The problem is that they probably need a long running TV show animated series.
Maybe a child friendly image, Some fun characters with some pretty imaginative plot's. And let's not forget, a very catchy theme to go with it.

Kirsty25
TT Member
TT Member

Re: An Alton Towers TV Channel

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:06 am

You mean in the hall of the mountain king isn't catchy

Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am

Wouldn't mind it, you could fill some time in with game shows, like Scream if You Know the Answer if you've ever watched it? I know it's cheesy but it would be entertaining

Pennywise
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 pm

A waste of limited resources.

submission2001
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Put Disney channel on
CALLUM

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:40 pm

it could work, but only in the hotels. but only have the channel on when the theme park is closed in the evenings. they could explain the rides in more detail, the history of the park and give exclusive 'backstage' info etc

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:15 pm

@Pizzazz

That's what i meant.
I was just thinking of Alton towers own branded animated TV show for kids,
Something imaginative, funny, good to show on the hotel TV'S.

If else fails, Get this ole Alton towers character in there.....

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Maybe in the hotels have a channel showing old ride ads and new ones etc and other stuff but not on national television Alton would find it a waste of money only a part the size of Disney could benefit from it
Image credit to Lewis97

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm

Alton TV would never work, but Merlin TV would possibly work as they have so much to offer over the whole country or  elsewhere in the world.

Who has ordered a Disney World resort DVD and loved it, I can't see why Merlin can't do the same. Order a free DVD in the post or even stick up a long video on the website/youtube.
If you go down to the woods today

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm

As long as its nothing like the travesty of a show they have at Disneyland Paris hotels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwvDxU7ZCJs

Where the hell did they find that woman...

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:44 pm

If done PROPERLY it can be very effective and cheap to do in the scheme of marketing when your paying out for TV adverts and national newspapers.

Its all well flashing a 2 second clip of each coaster/attraction in a Merlin advert, but something which tells you more information would be much better. They could have a 10 min quick round up and a 30-60 min full video to show everything in the park and different videos for all parks. They already have most of the clips, failing that if they went to a university who worked in TV production/video editing and offered students free MAP/tickets/fast tracks for the best video, they could do it even cheaper!

For the students, this would be fantastic on their CV and for Merlin it would be almost free...
If you go down to the woods today

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 am

well you could put anything on there that is about John wardley or the towers, or even only partially about these things but I dont know, if after being in the Towers all day and in the Towers hotel whether you would really want to hear anymore about the Alton Towers lol.
Maybe Merlin TV would be better, then they could shows that have been filmed at thorpe, like screem if you know the answer and stuff like that i dont know.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Would that idea not be best having a general promotional video for Guests + The Monorail Video + Your Day old videos and any other attraction videos, plus a live feed with queue times/breakdowns, and general times for shows, opening etc!
I like the idea, however just using recycled material would be best, plus it would significantly improve the customer service culture within the Resort, increasing customer satisfaction.

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:16 pm

It would only work in the hotels, like how Disney have their own channel on in the hotels, Alton Towers could have one, showing new rides, old rides, short documentaries on rides, adverts for other parks. I agree with the idea that Merlin TV would be better.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

JonoD
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:37 am

I do actually remember there being something like this playing in the hotels a long time ago, though nothing really anything on the scale being thought of.

All it basically was, was an information channel that looped every 10 minutes or so. It would show a series of Alton adverts (The Barney advert was there if that gives an idea when this was showing), then this short presenter-lead section came about outlining some of the things you can do on the theme park.

I don't remember precise details on it, but I tell you, for 11 year old me, it was the most interesting thing on their TVs when you didn't want to watch the stuff you saw everyday on TV anyway.  :P

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:19 am

I like the idea of a merkin channel as commercially speaking. What better way to increase revenue within your resorts by promoting other venues owns by the same chain to guests. Could feature short documentary / sales pitches about the park your staying in + other parks an attractions. Throw into the mix special offers and discounts including MAP, why wouldn't Merlin do this ?

It would be relatively cheap to produce and multiply across their resorts as they already have the most expensive part already installed (hardware - TVs an distribution systems)

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ