UK theme parks from another point of view!

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The future of Nemesis vs the Swarm

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm

I was just on facebook when I saw the new Swarm promotion http://www.beattheswarm.co.uk/
and it got me wondering

Alton Towers have the Nemesis story which they are developing
Thorpe Park have The Swarm story which they are promoting

This is what I can see

A) Chessington might develop an invasion story and associated rides bringing in another force
B) Thorpe Park develop a Swarm Sub Terra type story
C) A re-theme of Nemesis Inferno

This would allow an exciting cross park story of the rise of the Nemesis leading to a battle with The Swarm with the Human Alliance caught in the middle rising from the ashes led by the ministry of Joy.

I could be way out but at worst it's an interesting idea but it could bring about a massive amount of ride themes.

Spelling edit by Boz: There is no "r" in Nemesis ;)
Last edited by Trisnie on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The future of Nemesis vs the Swarm

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Nice idea, but (don't take offence) I really hope it doesn't happen. Nemesis is a story you can't really tamper with for me. Building another in Thorpe park was enough and if N:ST would have been awful it could have ruined the nemesis storyline. I think too much messing about and selling it off as a story that ties in with other stories takes away its magic.

Interesting to hear how you incorporated the ideas though

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:53 pm

When you say a re-theme of Nemesis Inferno, do you mean a re-theme into something to do with The Swarm or something completely different?
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Henry wrote:
When you say a re-theme of Nemesis Inferno, do you mean a re-theme into something to do with The Swarm or something completely different?

Could be either or if the truth be told just throwing ideas up in the air for me I would change it into a battle front between the Swarm and Nemersis using elements from both in the theming

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm

I like the idea of a battle but what would you call it?

NemeSwarm?

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 pm

why on earth should thorpe rip off alton with a swarm sub terra that is just not aceptable and dont think it should happen its a good idea and I know Alton Towers and THORPE PARK are run by the same company but I dont think its right to take Alton Towers's rides :D

ukparknews
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm

You have to remember that the two parks are aimed at very different market, so they'll be marketed accordingly.
The idea of NemeSwarm made me laugh, but I assume its OK to do so, with it being a joke!
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

www.ukparknews.co.uk

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 pm

It was a joke, I wasn't being serious hahahaha

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Personally i don't see how a Swarm themed SubTerra would work, in a military base, watching a deactivated swarm creature in the center, its makes noise and lights up and then you drop to find allot more below. Nah Swarm is something that attacked from the sky, Nemesis spent years underground until it was happened upon. Personally the best thing for Thorpe to do, is create a flat themed as a military weapon to attack the swarm, I dunno relocate detonator and theme as a gun turret, you get to the top, hear that "the swarm are coming abort mission!-Too Late..there here!"Here the metallic screaming noise they make and you drop. Take the Nemesis tagline away from NI and just call it Inferno, theme that you go to investigate a volcano, while your inside there are signs of an imminent eruption,and you must get out, board the train and survive the wrath of the volcano..

Jobs a good Un
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
Personally i don't see how a Swarm themed SubTerra would work, in a military base, watching a deactivated swarm creature in the center, its makes noise and lights up and then you drop to find allot more below. Nah Swarm is something that attacked from the sky, Nemesis spent years underground until it was happened upon. Personally the best thing for Thorpe to do, is create a flat themed as a military weapon to attack the swarm, I dunno relocate detonator and theme as a gun turret, you get to the top, hear that "the swarm are coming abort mission!-Too Late..there here!"Here the metallic screaming noise they make and you drop. Take the Nemesis tagline away from NI and just call it Inferno, theme that you go to investigate a volcano, while your inside there are signs of an imminent eruption,and you must get out, board the train and survive the wrath of the volcano..

Jobs a good Un

When a said a sub-Terra type story I was more thinking something to expand The Swarm story like Sub Terra did
I love the idea of moving detonator and the re-themeing it as a weapon
I haven't seen the Swarm yet but any way it could be put into the middle of the ride and timed to drop as The Swarm coaster passes near by!

I just imagine the cross park promotion they could do!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 am

I be happy if they just lost the word Nemesis from the Nemesis Inferno as it has nothing to do with the theme of the ride. Like even the inferno bit makes me laugh as it just looks like it travels into a non themed tunnel with red lights and very little mist. Out of all the coasters Thorpe had since 2002 this is the poorest when it comes down to theming.

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:50 am

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
I be happy if they just lost the word Nemesis from the Nemesis Inferno as it has nothing to do with the theme of the ride. Like even the inferno bit makes me laugh as it just looks like it travels into a non themed tunnel with red lights and very little mist. Out of all the coasters Thorpe had since 2002 this is the poorest when it comes down to theming.

*cough* Stealth *cough*
To be fair to inferno, the bits of the volcano they did properly, are actually quite good, and when the Effects are all properly maintained, so is the tunnel. opening day this year, is the first time in a long time, I've seen it up to standard.

I almost NEVER stick up for Inferior, but even I think it's an unfair insult to suggest Stealth has better themeing.
Last edited by Boz on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.