UK theme parks from another point of view!

AdrenalineAlex

Re: A Movie Themed Ride

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:00 pm

coastercrazy18 wrote:
Ye but just look at the rides that they have in six flags like superman, hulk, the green lantern plus also it would bring alot of atraction to the park. Also they have a harry potter theamed area in universal and that film wasnt even made by them.

All SF's Superman rides have barely any theming nor do they contribute to the experience at all. As said, it's a money cow. It should be left to Disney/Universal, Hulk is an exception. SF aren't great for theming. They're more of an amusement park rather than a Theme Park in my opinion.

coastercrazy18 wrote:
For a dragon sort of theamed ride it would be cool if the station was like a castle and the gos through a pre show area and then suddenly you hear a noise off a dragon rawing and feel the vibration on the floor as if it iis coming towards.  Then suddunly you get lauched and track gos out side the castle and you try to escape. Sorry if its bad spelling i just cant be botherd to check lol.

Lol clayj i like your picture :-D
clayj wrote:
A dragon themed coaster at Alton Towers I hear you say...

LOL

Sounds rather similar to the Dragon at Legoland but I'd like the idea of an actual Dragon coaster.
Last edited by AdrenalineAlex on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:42 pm

AdrenalineAlex wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote:
Lol clayj i like your picture :-D
clayj wrote:
A dragon themed coaster at Alton Towers I hear you say...

LOL

Sounds rather similar to the Dragon at Legoland but I'd like the idea of an actual Dragon coaster.

For those who missed the subtlety of this image... it is of the Beastie at Alton Towers lol

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 am

I know what your saying about it beung a money cow. But look how well saw the ride and saw the maze did for instance. Saw for was a really good ride with all the theaming and effects
its always good to go to the dentist so you can get a better smile :D

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:13 am

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
J_Baggie wrote:
Fast and furious

Could have 2 trains on separate tracks that duel (to emphasise the race theme). The queue line could be through garage theming with general pit crew noises and crowd cheering. Would obviously be a launch coaster.

Already done twice I'm afarid :?

1, duelling dragons, IOA, UAA
2, can't remember the name but one in farri world Abu Dhabi which follow that theme persicely.

Been on both but I don't think there are any in England but of another lauch coster just upgrade Rita I love her, and if they re theme her to be called something like escape like you really are trying to escape the forest it will be great and it a fast and long lauch coaster most launch coaster only last a few seconds look at stealth it may be faster but too shor and not worth a long wait.... :D
Stealth is worth the wait  20 miles and hour faster pretty much 205ft higher. No not worth the wait to ride one of the tallest coasters in the UK. Oblivion short ride? still good. The lenght of the ride does not matter
its what is in that part of tide. A tophat or  a turn? Id have stealth's tophat. Defiantly worth a wait for stealth

Also i dont believe there is a dueling fast and furious coaster yes there is other dueling coaster but not one with that theme. Plus i dont see anything being added to rita any time soon
Image credit to Lewis97

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:48 pm

an inception themed ride could be rather intresting. no idea what

LiamC
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:50 am

coastercrazy18 wrote:
I know what your saying about it beung a money cow. But look how well saw the ride and saw the maze did for instance. Saw for was a really good ride with all the theaming and effects

The maze? That's always closed? Ok.

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:40 am

LiamC wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote:

im amazed they closed it for not being scary. I was scared to **** Leading it. I had to stop and ask one of the guys for directions. i got a grunt and a point
Image credit to Lewis97

Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 am

LiamC wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote:

You're right about the maze, but you can't say that Saw hasn't been successful. Before the Swarm it was the main attraction at Thorpe and it still is a big contender. Plus, I can only imagine the revenue made off that opening day. I wouldn't say a movie themed ride would fit in at alton, purely for the same reason many have stated that it isn't within Alton's nature, but the Saw ride and many other movie themed rides are some of the biggest in the world.

Maseyg123
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:15 am

To be honest I wouldn't want to see a movie themed ride at Alton Towers, their rides are famous for unique, unexpected back stories etc... And I can't see Alton Towers wanting to adopt a movie as they like, and are obviously very good at inventing the magic in their roller coasters/rides, not having it already invented in a movie...
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...

Maseyg123
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 am

AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
J_Baggie wrote:
Fast and furious

Could have 2 trains on separate tracks that duel (to emphasise the race theme). The queue line could be through garage theming with general pit crew noises and crowd cheering. Would obviously be a launch coaster.

Already done twice I'm afarid :?

1, duelling dragons, IOA, UAA
2, can't remember the name but one in farri world Abu Dhabi which follow that theme persicely.

Been on both but I don't think there are any in England but of another lauch coster just upgrade Rita I love her, and if they re theme her to be called something like escape like you really are trying to escape the forest it will be great and it a fast and long lauch coaster most launch coaster only last a few seconds look at stealth it may be faster but too shor and not worth a long wait.... :D

Grand National in Blackpool Pleasure Beach has two trains racing :)

sku11dude123
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:12 am

There is Only 1 ride that would make anyone wet their pants:

:D

AltonTowerfanatic
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:13 am

Maseyg123 wrote:
To be honest I wouldn't want to see a movie themed ride at Alton Towers, their rides are famous for unique, unexpected back stories etc... And I can't see Alton Towers wanting to adopt a movie as they like, and are obviously very good at inventing the magic in their roller coasters/rides, not having it already invented in a movie...

Not completely on topic bit well it almost is haha :D  anyway yes I don't want alton to as a movie themed ride for them same reason as above but as they ^^^ are so good at inventing back stories, how about a movie based of the theme of the ride. So they ride came first, alton thought of the idea, but a movie gets made with hat theme in mind, just think, a th13teen story of an girl getting lost in the forest by something sinister or even a nemesis moster film OR (haha  :roll: ) a movie based on the idea of the x sector a evil experimental government in the future :D
I'm ready to Smile!

SpecyBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Sherlock Holmes (A refurbishment of CAFCF site)

The building will be re themed to look like Baker Street on the BBC Sherlock series, when you enter the building you will be greeted by John Watson in the current pre-show room explaining the current situation of the newest case and how he could use your help, you then take a trip around Baskerville where the riders will see a large hound when they enter the forest towards the end of the ride, in the next room you will have to watch a video of Sherlock explaining why you have seen this HOUND and what his actions are, you then enter the (old elevator) room where you will ride back to the forest and come face to face with the hound and find out what it actually is, when you finish the ride you will enter back into Sherlock flat (Shop).
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Ive been to alton towers about six times and go every year. Some of you have proberly been more. I do think that alton towers do mack good back storys. But it would be nice to see them do something differant like making a ride based on a movie. Nobody knows what direction it will lead alton towers but i think its worth a try. Plus this topic is actualy about if alton towers where to build a movie themed ride what would you want. I didnt say thay where going to build one lol.

ADM182
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:33 am

Dr Who would be good, they could convert Charlie and the chocolate factory to take advantage of the glass elevator system to creat the tardis, and zone the water bit with cyber men section, weeping angels and the darlics.

However the cost of buying the rights would be to high for the return.  The park would be better off spending the money on 2 new flats one for the gloomy wood and one for Kantanya Canyon and then save save save for a dark SW8!

But if a movie theme were to happern what about the old classics like Top Gun, Dam Busters, The Great Escape and good old Robin Hood!

Maseyg123
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Even though I said I don't think a movie themed ride would be good, I've changed my mind... :) I think a Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride would be good, and the themed area for the ride would be amazing!! :D

I also think a WALL-E themed ride or dark ride would be good :)

But the rights for these Disney films would either be impossible to get, or really expensive!

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:47 am

What about a jack the giant slayer theamed ride that would be pretty good. It could be a simulation one or something like a walkthrough one where you are walking through the big house of the giants. It makes me think aswell how much do you think the rights cost for charlie and the chocolate factory and ice age 4d cost. To be fear i have been on the ice age 4d i know its for younger people but i thought that it  is well made and has fantastic sound, lighting and physicle effects.

MJNemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm

I think it should be the other way round... They should make a movie based on the Nemesis. Then Nemesis 2: Inferno ;)

I don't generally like movie themed rides. They work when they are dark or heavily themed slow rides but mostly they disappoint. The extreme over saturation in the U.S also means I've gone off character themed rides.

If though, they created something like Test Track at Disney, which is based around a movie, then I'd be well up for it.

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 pm

id love for Aardman to team up with the park and create something totally unique for the whole of cloud cuckoo land. creating some new characters just for that area, including stories for attractions. but they could also have little bits of theming spread around the area as a little nod to all their other great work! :)

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 am

cookiee_munster wrote:
id love for Aardman to team up with the park and create something totally unique for the whole of cloud cuckoo land. creating some new characters just for that area, including stories for attractions. but they could also have little bits of theming spread around the area as a little nod to all their other great work! :)

OMG can yo emagine a ride based on wallice and gromet where you are tacken around a track and you are in a carrige which is shapped like the robbot trousers that they have on there movie called the wrong trousers hahaa:-D.