UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 110
Joined: February 2013

Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Thu May 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I was BOARD as hell today in ICT in school so decided to think about what could be put into the park coaster wise
(FYI I had a free lesson so I wasn't wasting my education  :lol:) and I thoght well Air-Time isn't gonna work but then thought of the Intaamin Mega-Lite Coaster and though well it' not much taller than Rita, well sort of, full of Air-Time and  I mean ejector seat style and thought it would be a BEAST addition to the Towers Line-Up. BUT I then though it would probs be way to high because if I remeber rightly Rita is above tree level and this type is even higher so what do you think? Will they ever get planning for it? Would they even want to get one? Does the GP want summin like this? Will my english teacher be proud of me with all of these questions causing intrest to the post and engaging the reader as if they are being spoken to directly thus, well gaining intrest and a more intresting post ?  :lol:
Poop. Always
 
owen92
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 9
Joined: March 2013
Location: Peterborough

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Thu May 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Your teacher definitely won't be happy with your post.
 
PeteB
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3533
Joined: July 2006
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Alton Towers already has an Intamin Mega-Lite. It's called Th13teen! :)
 
User avatar
ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 110
Joined: February 2013

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah thats not the same, it barely has any air time, well from what I can remember anyway. Suppose it wouldn't work because for some reason it has a low throughput, something like 840 per hour I think. Ah Well it was worth a thought. FYI Thirteen is a Family Drop coaster but anyway that doesn't matter it's closer to a Mine Train than the Mega-Lite, TBH I was more curious about the height restrictions and how high they could actually build?
Poop. Always
 
User avatar
A
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 168
Joined: April 2013
Location: Fugitive motel

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 10:24 am

Alton has 2 intamins - that's enough.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
 
User avatar
dominoes
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 731
Joined: October 2010
Location: On my computer. How else would I be on TT?

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 am

^ 2? Sorry to sound really stupid, but other than Rita what is the other one?
 
User avatar
NemesisDave
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 13
Joined: May 2012
Location: March, Cambridgeshire

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 am

dominoes wrote:
^ 2? Sorry to sound really stupid, but other than Rita what is the other one?


The other Intamin is Thi3teen :)
Last edited by NemesisDave on Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
PeteB
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3533
Joined: July 2006
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

NemesisDave wrote:
dominoes wrote:
^ 2? Sorry to sound really stupid, but other than Rita what is the other one?


The other Intamin is Thi3teen :)


Hence why in the 3rd post I said:

PeteB wrote:
Alton Towers already has an Intamin Mega-Lite. It's called Th13teen! :)


And yes I agree that 2 is more than enough. Never ever build anymore Intamin coasters at Alton Towers please. They are simply awful rides.
 
User avatar
ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 110
Joined: February 2013

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 6:29 pm

PeteB wrote:
NemesisDave wrote:
dominoes wrote:
^ 2? Sorry to sound really stupid, but other than Rita what is the other one?


The other Intamin is Thi3teen :)


Hence why in the 3rd post I said:

PeteB wrote:
Alton Towers already has an Intamin Mega-Lite. It's called Th13teen! :)


And yes I agree that 2 is more than enough. Never ever build anymore Intamin coasters at Alton Towers please. They are simply awful rides.


Sorry but I disagree, if done well they can be great, but anyway back to what I was trying to fish out but forget to mention in my actual post how high will they theoretically be able to build, I know it's to tree line but how high is that?
Poop. Always
 
PeteB
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3533
Joined: July 2006
Location: Sunderland
Contact:

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Not sure exactly, and it varies around the park which is why they float balloons when surveying an area for a new ride, but a good guess would be to look at Th13teen's lift hill, the peak of which is pretty much as high as they can go in that area.

Wasn't The Smiler quoted as having 30m drops?  That's probably as high up they can go on that side of the park too.
 
User avatar
ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 110
Joined: February 2013

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Ok thanks :)
Poop. Always
 
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2975
Joined: March 2012
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Sat May 25, 2013 3:22 pm

If what Pete says is true it would mean you could make it up too 60ft
Image
 
User avatar
arsenalfan-1
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 27
Joined: February 2013

Re: Intamin Mega-Lite Coaster for the Towers?

Fri May 31, 2013 6:59 pm

PeteB wrote:
Not sure exactly, and it varies around the park which is why they float balloons when surveying an area for a new ride, but a good guess would be to look at Th13teen's lift hill, the peak of which is pretty much as high as they can go in that area.

Wasn't The Smiler quoted as having 30m drops?  That's probably as high up they can go on that side of the park too.

I suppose it would be even less than 30m because thay had to dig a down for The Smiler so its probably more like 20m.
Image
Thanks Lewis97

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests