UK theme parks from another point of view!

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: New Park Entrance

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Thats a good point tbh never thought of it like that.

Move the car parks on to the over flow areas as they are massive also move the coach parks there too.

Then if they wanted to make a new gate by duel or FV for guests - they could keep the Monorail if they wanted so people could use towers street still and could use the monorail for guests as a transport system for that side of the park - ie shooting guests from towers street to FV and then build also on air carpark. in turn that could build two new areas and free up loads of space.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Why don't they just have the two entrances then taking one away for the new one  :roll:

stu1980
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Was at the park Sunday has anyone noticed that Towers street has had a paint and a clean up??????? i did
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

swalesuk01
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:22 am

As someone stated before when they said about creating a second entrance to the kids area about using a train instead of the monorail to the second entrance. Why not stick with Towers Street, remove the monorail and maybe invest in a train which surely would be cheaper and just create a second exit near the car park.
Last edited by swalesuk01 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:53 pm

I like towers street!

The view as you enter the park is lovely! being greeted by the grass and the towers, and the froggies in the fountain! The music just makes it feel like your home with the staff taking photos and the park keepers wandering around. It just feels like the hub of the towers and really is magical! I would miss good old towers street if it went!

cookiee_munster
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

if its a case of the monorail being removed and everybody moaning because of the *incredibly long walk from the car park to the entrance, how about something like what disneyworld does? car park trams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRd9riQ53tg

*sarcasm

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:43 pm

lucy2244 wrote:
I like towers street!

The view as you enter the park is lovely! being greeted by the grass and the towers, and the froggies in the fountain! The music just makes it feel like your home with the staff taking photos and the park keepers wandering around. It just feels like the hub of the towers and really is magical! I would miss good old towers street if it went!

This is the major point going against an entrance relocation. You're just not going to get that iconic image entering the park through Forbidden Valley. The name of the park is Alton Towers and it is right that the Towers are the first thing you see as you walk into the park, just as you see the castle entering any Disney park.

KJ91
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:23 pm

I would rather the entrance stay as it is. The build up from the car park to the entrance is really exciting. Especially as you can see all the rides your about to go on. But...there should definitely be an exit gate in forbidden valley so you can access the car park at the end of the day. After walking round all day, then the walk all the way back to towers street (ex specially if your last ride is nemesis or air) to either wait another half an hour to an hour for the monorail or walk all the way back to where you just where is ridiculous.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:09 pm

During the fireworks event I'm sure they have other exits that are available after the fireworks with so many guests in 1 area it is hard to get the crowds out.