So yesterday I went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and tried their new attraction Sky Force, here are a few points why Alton Towers totally need something like this:
• Quietness, this ride is sooooo quiet you'd wonder if it was ever running was it not for some laughter / screaming.
• Small footprint, takes up little room at all.
• A ride fit for all, the ride can be enjoyable for all age groups as you're individually seated and can be extreme or tame as you want.
• Has re-ride ability, it takes a few times to master how to spin. People will question how to do it properly and want to run around and re-queue to try again.
• Interactivity, rather than sitting in a seat looking pretty while the ride does everything for you. This allows you to be a part of the ride and how it moves.
• Competitiveness, friends wager against one another and overall everyone has bragging rights due to the ride keeping count of which arm does the most revolutions.
• Comfortable, the restraint system & seat are comfortable to be in so all guests feel snug & safe.
• Plenty of hang time, if your not fond of revolutions you can swing your lets call them a "gondola" to the point your upside down for ages, I occasionally went from the highest point of the ride to the ground in an inverted position for serious hang time.
This imo is the way forward with rides, bringing the rider into the mix on how the ride operates and having competitiveness. The only issue with this ride & Alton Towers is I don't see how it can be themed around any zone.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc