UK theme parks from another point of view!

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Future of Spinball Whizzer (Cbeebies Land Expansion?)

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 pm

That's fair enough. It looks likely that Spinball will be gone in the next few years then

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:01 pm

Although I can't see it being Spinball, I wouldn't rule out another kiddie coaster being added instead :)

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:43 am

Sozzy40 wrote:
Stevieg1993 wrote:
I would like see Spinball sold to another UK Theme Park, somewhere like Paultons could benefit with a family thrill coaster and they could give it a theme as well. New paint, new theme, all new makeover to fit the image. Have the cars like dinosaur eggs or something.

It's not going to Paultons. Firstly, PP is heavily rumoured to get a Mack spinner next year, so they'd already have a spinning coaster assuming they moved it in 2021.
Secondly, Paultons is one of Merlin's main rivals. If the ride does get relocated, then I think it will be to Heide park.

Oh good, I came all the way to Germany to not ride Spinball :P

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Why has no one suggested RMC it? Honestly, what are we even doing here? :lol

Out of interest, when was the long term plan last seen? Was the plan affected by the drastic cuts across the park?

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am

Because I'm not sure what is meant by "RMC".

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:15 am

wamdue wrote:
Because I'm not sure what is meant by "RMC".

Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) have made a name for themselves in converting old wooden roller coasters into shiny new hybrid roller coasters. There's a running joke that when you have a roller coaster of any type lying around that you don't want any more, just get RMC in to fix it.

If you haven't seen, this is one of their biggest conversions. :)

Original:

RMC Update:

Never going to happen to Spinball though. :lol Perhaps you could squeeze a Raptor in there, but I suspect the neighbours might complain about the noise.

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Future of Spinball Whizzer

Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Is there an option for replacing it with Steel Vengence out right? As for the Neighbours, they should really consider moving, if they dont like living next door to a theme park.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: The Future of Spinball Whizzer and Adventure Land

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:53 pm

I agree with a lot of the other comments on here, Spinball is certainly destined an exit from the park in the coming years. It's a shame as it's not a bad coaster but with Cbeebies growing year by year, I can see a growing need for more land. I wouldn't mind another kiddie coaster similar to what we have with Octonauts, but I think more ideally it would be more likely to be flat rides.

I'm not sure if it would be moved to another Merlin park though. Chessington already have Dragon's Fury, Legoland could potentially and Thorpe I wouldn't be too sure as I don't exactly though which market they are targeting as of late.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this ride in the coming years
I'm the boy with the bubbles