UK theme parks from another point of view!

dafyd
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:50 pm

"themadman26" wrote:
I agree a ball coaster I am not so sure about a ball coaster
Make your mind up...

Perhaps a lim Launched ?? coaster :!:
Not enough room. Even the small(ish) indoor launched coasters need huge buildings (think Space Mountain and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at DLP). That said, I have often said that I would love to see a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster style coaster at AT. I know it's the wrong topic, but Cred Street would be the best place for one of those...

Lightwater valley rules
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:53 pm

Maybe a large ride such as The slammer or something.
Next trip to Lightwater valley = 29th october

Anonymous

Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:10 pm

highly doubt it due to the height restrictions i.e: rides cant be taller than the trees.

I thougt the ball coaster looked pretty compact, although the example ones are very small and only have one car, can you imagine the throughput- it would be worse than black hole was lol.

project?
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:19 pm

what about an s&s scremin squirrel

dafyd
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 pm

"bone shaker in black hole" wrote:
what about an s&s scremin squirrel
Please no.

Anyway, it would be far too tall.

Northern_Rider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:03 pm

I still say a 5D cinema would be ideal. Could easily be themed well and its probably the best section in the park for a really good story line.

Satch

Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:54 am

I think, although Im not sure, that X-Sector is general planning, which means they CAN put a new coaster in there within the height guidlines etc without subjecting the plans to the public. The Court case would have no effect unless complaints of noise etc once the coaster is built and running, which is unlikely as AT are doing their best to reduce ride noise, and the main cause of Oblivions noise is the tunnel

Anonymous

Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:30 pm

Oh that's good then, ofcourse if it's true.

I think the ideas of a ball coaster would be great, but with some in the open. And this "what lies after a black hole" is terrific marketing :!:

We'll just have to see though, becuase Cred St. IS getting redeveloped in 2006 and rumoured plans say that there's just a flat for next year. Oh how I love Alton Towers and all it's speculation

:P :D

Nemesis_140
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:15 pm

about moving Enterprise....that ride must be one of the most moved rides in the park lol...so really it is likely that Enterprise could move again.....to Katanga Canyon perhaps?
Personally i would like AT too keep the Black Hole Tent....they could possibly even put Enterprise in the tent and have an outdoor attraction
lol
i doubt another coaster will be built in X-Sector somehow, because there isn't enough room and it would be a probem for the locals as mentioned before
but AT may pull something unexpected out of the hat for X-Sector...who knows
:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

duncjam2
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:01 pm

the tent did block out alot of noise though as black hole was very loud when you were on it. So if they did put another coaster in sound would be alright.

And why does everyone want 4/5D cinemas!? they're crap! there aren't even 4th or 5th dimensions!

p.s. What's a ball coaster? pics plz!
http://www.somecoasters.com/main/coaste ... ivion8.JPG

steaminbeaver - go to www.freewebs.co.uk/steaminbeaver and click on Games to down load my new Powerpoint adventure:

The Adventures of Harvey the Cheese Und das Meerschweinchen

selb
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:33 pm

"Satch" wrote:
I think, although Im not sure, that X-Sector is general planning, which means they CAN put a new coaster in there within the height guidlines etc without subjecting the plans to the public. The Court case would have no effect unless complaints of noise etc once the coaster is built and running, which is unlikely as AT are doing their best to reduce ride noise, and the main cause of Oblivions noise is the tunnel

i think it is general planning, they managed to keep oblivion unknown until it actually opened as the worlds first.

Ash
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:20 pm

A roller coaster is definitely on the cards for x sector. Just look at the pattern:

FV Air and Nemesis with 1 flat ride.

UG land Corkscrew and Rita 1 Flat Ride.

X sector Oblivion and ? with 1 Flat Ride. (maybe enterprise removal?For more room?)

Notice a pattern???? A roller coaster in some sort is heading for x sector??? IMO anyone elses views on this?

Anonymous

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:35 pm

Um... No :lol: I really think that's coincidence. Even if they did relocate Enterprise, that'd mess up the 2:1 ratio :lol:

I've been thinking, and I think they should have a walk-through/coaster dar ride, with a really good story to suit XS. I think that the BH site is the ultimate place for a really good story line and for atmosphere :!: It's make XS much favourable IMO.

Williscroft

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:41 pm

titler121, Forbidden valley has two flat rides, Ripsaw and Blade. I think if we get a new coaster on the BH site it will probably be an idoor one to help with the noise or we might get another flat ride. I want a flat ride but not in X-Sector unless another one is moved out as 3 flats in a row wouldnt look good if you ask me. I think this £10M coater thats surposedly coming in 2007 might be in the BH site or it could be the woodie in another area of the park. who knows :D

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:40 pm

There's a small pattern in terms of Secret Weapon Rides, Nemesis (1994), Oblivion (1998), and Air (2002) one comes along every four years, probably just coincidence and we won't see anything for 2006 apart from a flat, just thought I'd point that out :)

Anonymous

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:41 pm

perhaps a spiral coaster, where the lift hill goes around the oblivion drop track, that could look very cool.
Personally I dont think we will get another coaster there, just because of the local people who complained, at will be scared it will make too much noise and possibly stop running it at a huge loss to them, and everyone would wonder why they bothered building it in the first place.

I dont think we will see any changes for 2006, except maybe the BH tent will go

haydn!
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:03 pm

a new ride for 2006 is a certain, alton have let us down for the last 12 years, i doubt they're going to break tradition at this stage of the game. Espeacially with a number of massive rides opening across the country next year. But i think we can serioulsy count out another coaster, we will probably see one or two world first flats. One of which will probably be in X-Sector.

Another thing to remember, with this court case against Alton, the area that is X sector, and that quarter of the park, down to the farm, will probably have new planning restrictions implied. As a compromise. As even if AT win, the last thing they want to be found doing is adding insult to injury by building another major noise making coaster just to p off the Ropers even more.

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:09 am

Do you what really would have been good for Oblivon if the Ropers weren't so close to X-sector, more time underground.

If I was John Wardley I would have concealed the exit of tunnel behind the the trees andmade the ride move around the side of X-sector behind the trees. The block brakes would placed directly behind the station concealed from onlookers. Also the station should be longer with a dark tunnel in the middle separting the boarding part and the exit part. You wouldn't be able to see the people getting off the ride and so it would reinforce the idea that you really were about to enter Oblivion.

Just a little idea that popped in my head recently.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:36 pm

"doom+sons1988" wrote:
Also the station should be longer with a dark tunnel in the middle separting the boarding part and the exit part. You wouldn't be able to see the people getting off the ride and so it would reinforce the idea that you really were about to enter Oblivion.

Just a little idea that popped in my head recently.

That's a great idea. The q line vid says have you ever seen anyone getting off the ride safely - well the answer is um yes - every time! A sepertate disembarking area so that the trains appear to come back empty would have helped the psychological aspect to the ride.

I do think next years propsed flat will be in BH's space.

Think about it by the time the tent and ride is torn down and the ground prepared and new flat constructed that'll take up all of the closed season.

Uncle_Adolph
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:00 pm

"phillipvass" wrote:
There's a small pattern in terms of Secret Weapon Rides, Nemesis (1994), Oblivion (1998), and Air (2002) one comes along every four years, probably just coincidence and we won't see anything for 2006 apart from a flat, just thought I'd point that out :)

Also, it went

Nemesis _Forbidden Valley.

Oblivion _X Sector.

Air _Forbidden Valley.

It goes FV, XS, FV... Could X Sector have the next SW? A ball coaster would work in the tent, but extend it a bit as there is still quite a lot of space for the tent to be enlarged....

-Ben