UK theme parks from another point of view!

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:45 pm

"Northern_Rider" wrote:
Somewhere like flamingo land could do with buying it and the tent.

No chance, FL is going for new rides not old ones. Maybe a smaller park but not FL.

You are totally right there! I was thinking more pleasure island cleehorpes (my local park so i would get to ride it) which is FL's sister park, but it is much smaller. They still have altons old gravitron!

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

buggy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:19 pm

How would they actually advertise a roller coaster for sale anyway lol :-?

Anonymous

Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:47 pm

They could ring around or they could make the classic big paper move. Football clubs have been known to advertise manager spaces and advertis the fact they're on sale in papers, so why not Theme Parks!

xer0n
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:56 pm

Proberly someone like Lightwater Valley will snap it up.

Anonymous

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:48 pm

Well like nightsin2dreams said, it's likely it will follow in the steps of the ThunderLooper and be snapped up by a park abroad...H&S is a problem. Maintenance costs running the BH were high - that, and it failed its safety test practically every year and had to retake it after modifications were made - it all costs money. I doubt a small park in the UK is going to want to take that on!

What will happen if they can't find a buyer for it?

Also, just a note to people who think that the Black Hole is past its sell-by date just because it opened in 1984...the Big Dipper at Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, opened in 1923....would you say that was past its sell-by date?

:twisted: :P

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:10 pm

"Kaycee" wrote:
What will happen if they can't find a buyer for it?

Probably turn it into scrap metal! Would produce a handy sum anyway..

Anonymous

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:15 pm

Ahhh...well how long do you think it will be left just sitting there? If there's no buyer, it isn't going to be sat there for years is it? Dynamo seems to be going that way, but at least they put that in storage, how come they aren't doing the same for BH?

smeg_head
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:40 pm

"Kaycee" wrote:
Dynamo seems to be going that way, but at least they put that in storage, how come they aren't doing the same for BH?

Because if they can prove it is a working, running coaster to the potential buyer it'll be worth more that is it was kept in parts in storage. Also where's better to keep it in storage than the tent it's already in? Away from the elements and the public and a on display for buyers!

It makes me laugh that you are all asking where they will advertise it for sale. If a few hundered enthusiasts on the forums now its for sale then I'm sure industry insiders do! Even so it will be advertised in leisure industry trade magazines whihc often carry adverts for staff wanted and leisure/bowling centres for sale etc.

And hey, there's alway Ebay!

Anonymous

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:41 pm

I think parts of dynamo were given to other parks, so they worked while dynamo becomes some sort of scrap-heap challenge idol in the car park.

If blackhole is running why dont they open it for an hour or so a day, to have a seasonal fairwell. Or until a buyer is found lol. I'd imagine it will sell pretty quick rather than just sit there for ages, its a shame im so sad to see it leave.

I hope we get a dark ride for x-sector, in the black hole tent to keep the spirit alive! Im not fussed if its a flat ride, coaster, whatever - but i cant see them removing submission for it, perhaps enterprise as thats the oldest and closest to the site.

themadman26
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:27 pm

maybe an idea to keep with the space theming:-
* Keep the tent
* Sell BH to sopmeone on Towerstimes Forum :twisted:
* Rebuild Black hole with a new type of coaster in the tent but keep the name or give it roman numerals such as The Black Hole III But betta
* maybe a new Uk 1st inside the tent
:lol: :lol: :lol:
OR WE SELL IT ON EBAY :!: :!:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere

samurai
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:32 pm

- Get rid of the tent (are they already doing this?)
- Build either a state-of-the-art simulator or something which will relate to the x sector in the Black Hole's space. I think this is what AT really needs - a good simulator like the one at Port Aventura (Think it's called Odysey or something) - It squirts water at you and everything.

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:50 pm

Of course they could install a dark ride and a flat ride: I mean they have a large flat area on which they could constuct a dark ride of some description, and then could build a flat ride on the roof of that structure and it would probably still be below tree height.
Edwardo..... move me!

Satch

Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:07 am

If blackhole is running why dont they open it for an hour or so a day, to have a seasonal fairwell. Or until a buyer is found lol. I'd imagine it will sell pretty quick rather than just sit there for ages, its a shame im so sad to see it leave.

Because that would mean installing the required fire exit platform which is why it's closing in the first place, because without this is cant pass its safety MOT...

Its safe to run but not for guests to ride due to strict H&S requirements

alton_mad_leam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:01 am

i was just thinking it would be cool if alton built a MAURER SÖHNE Xtended roller coaster in x-sector with the x-seat (the inverting coaster with only lapbars)

http://www.maurer-soehne.de/en/

would this also be a worlds first????? :?: :?:

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:45 am

I think BH will be ran every day to keep it in working condition until a prospective buyer is found. The problem with opening it to the public during this 'keep-fit' time, is that before the public are allowed on, it would have to be tested, and other procedures carried out. Staff would also be needed to operate it. This is all a bit of a hassle and i doubt the ride still has it's safety certificate anyway!

i_dont_get_it
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:55 am

was just thinking it would be cool if alton built a MAURER SÖHNE Xtended roller coaster in x-sector with the x-seat (the inverting coaster with only lapbars)

http://www.maurer-soehne.de/en/

would this also be a worlds first?????

It wouldnt be a worls first beacuse of skywheel and barnstorm.
RU READY TO EXPERIANCE THE FORCE OF THE G
www.draytonmanorplus.tk please join!

Anonymous

Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:46 pm

I don't think it'd fit the area anyway. I could see an X-Car coaster with air themeing but not X-Sector. They should put a Huss Jump2 in the tent I think. And maybe even also relocate Enterprise and put a Huss Booster in it's place. If Thorpe get's 2 flats, so should Alton. :D

ensee
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:35 pm

I don't know what ride they could put in but there's an amazing marketing angle here: what lies beyond a back hole?

Excellent theming opportunities, it could still be an indoor coaster and maybe even a launched one: an Intamin Ball coaster perhaps.

Anonymous

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:44 pm

Yeah that'd be great :!: :!: Problem is, I can't see them getting planning permission to build another coaster in X-Sector. Oblvion had all this noise trouble and I think the locals would laugh at the thought of another coaster.
On another note, does the tent bloke out noise, or was BH just a quite coaster :?: Infact, they could always use sand in it to reduce noise and vibrations. The more I think of this the more I cpuld see it being a possibilitie.

Ball Coaster would be OK, but aren't they quite big and, well, not compact :?: Also, whats the point of an indoor 4d? You would really notice the different. Either way you are spinning aroung all over the place without knowing where you are going...

...OK,I'm dragging on. Did any of that make sense :?:

:P :twisted:

themadman26
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:46 pm

I agree a ball coaster I am not so sure about a ball coaster perhaps a lim Launched ?? coaster :!:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere