UK theme parks from another point of view!

project?
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

ug land 2006+

Sat May 07, 2005 2:07 pm

do you think there will be anything in ug land for 2006+

Anonymous

Sat May 07, 2005 3:54 pm

After Rita I doubt there'll be anything new there for a while, other than the woodie..........................

Anonymous

Sat May 07, 2005 4:35 pm

I think they will just maybe retheme it

Williscroft

Sat May 07, 2005 8:45 pm

I dout very much they would re theme ug-land just after Rita has been made to fit in. The area is looking great at the moment and has a great atmosphere going on so why change it. I think we will see Ugland have an extra Q line enterence in 2007 :D

Anonymous

Sat May 07, 2005 9:09 pm

I dout very much they would re theme ug-land just after Rita has been made to fit in. The area is looking great at the moment and has a great atmosphere going on so why change it. I think we will see Ugland have an extra Q line enterence in 2007

I totally agree. Before I went for to see for myself, I was under the pholosify Ug Land would have lost it's way with the theme of Rita along with Ug themeing, but in actuall fact it's better than ever. And yes, I'd be very nice to see a queue at the edge of the area, maybe for this ride I've heard of that goes into some wooded area :? :wink:

Lewis

Anonymous

Sun May 08, 2005 1:29 pm

I think alton are going to start to theme the rides and not the areas.

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 14, 2005 6:39 pm

i heard they are building a 5D Coaster in ug-land with fire effects and race effects that will sumwhat blend the 2 coasters perfectly

Anonymous

Tue May 17, 2005 4:54 pm

MmmHmm, and isn't it confirmed that they are going to build a 1,000 ft Dive Machine called "Oblivion: Mission 2", and the park is going to be sold to my pet Cat.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that it is extremely unlikley :P

Lewis

Anonymous

Tue May 17, 2005 5:04 pm

lmao, true, true

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2005 9:23 pm

I think the better question is what's going to replace the corkscrew :)

Williscroft

Tue May 17, 2005 9:27 pm

Corkscrews not going any were for a while yet. other wise they wouldnt have given it a paint job for just one seasson and made Rita fit arround it etc. Pluss its still quite a popular ride for the families :D

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2005 9:29 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dont replace Corkey. its such a cool ride and i think after the re-paint and the whole new queue put in i dont think it will be moving for a few years yet. Well hopefully. Doesn't anybody agree Corkey is a classic with a great first hill. WOO HOO Long live Corkey.

phillipvass
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 17, 2005 9:38 pm

it's 25 years old, it's sure to go sometime in the next 3-4 years. You can see how bashed about it looks just standing next to it in the Rita queue. I'm a big fan of Corky don't get me wrong but it's getting into a right old state, the last time I went i bearly made the circuit. :| And this paint job will be it's last i feel

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 18, 2005 12:08 am

They could always have painted it ready for selling. We all know that the more well kept something looks, the more it sells for. Unless your after distressed furniture, or scrap metal or something that isnt meant to look new and in good condition....

Damn, ive lost my own point. :(
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Satch

Wed May 18, 2005 3:35 am

LOL, I think the point you were trying to make is that the paint job is not an indication of how long Corkscrew will remain in the park...

Wez
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 18, 2005 1:31 pm

Thats the one! :) Cheers!
The best, most informed enthusiast EVER!!111

Tom M
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 18, 2005 8:25 pm

I think they should re-name it thunder rock but still keep it stone aged!